LegacyGT.com

Convince me to get a LGT

So i just sold my 2001 Audi S4. Im looking for something new. Now im interested in a lgt (2005+) but sometimes im just turned off by them.

Id plan for some small mods but nothing major. intake, accessport(how much power?), exhaust.

But idk, i heard a 05 lgt isnt quick at all among other things.

So idk, someone make a case for a 05+ legcay gt.

I am not a car salesman, what other cars are you looking at? We should not have to sell you on the car....you should drive one and it will sell itself. But compared to your listed car and the Audi...I would take the LGT any day.
[

What better way to spend time than to selflessly dedicate valuable time to a stranger whom has done no research of his own.

Buy the LGT because they are slated to appreciate, and they are faster than some Lamborghinis. Such is the talk on these very forums. Forums are usually very accurate. We know more than magazines. Of course, I have heard Audi drivers say Subaru is a poor man's Audi. Chicks won't respect you as much if you roll in a Subaru, especially if you have stock rims.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I have owned 16 cars.. and a motorcycle, and out of the 16, This is by far my favorite. There are always faster, more luxuirous, newer, better MPG cars out there, but this is the one car that I feel has a good balance between all of them. If you think STI's are slow, then a stage 2(which can be done with a 22$ cable if 05/06) is going to be to slow. Although an STI can take me on the mountains, I can at least hang around, which is pretty good for a "family sedan" Also, this is the only car that when put against others in its price category always comes out ahead.

My buddy with the S8 is so upset my GT is faster them his car, he's ordered a new S4.

Slow... at stage 1 on cobb AP mine ran 13.7 in the 1/4mile. With a couple of simple bolt on's you have a 12 a second car.

OH yea don't waste your money on a intake. The stock one is hard to beat.

Cobb AP is like 14%hp gain and ...check out Cobbs web site all the info is there.

Do a DP and a custom tune and you'll be more then happy. May be a bigger TMIC. It will run circles around a audi.

I remember when I went stage 1 with the AP back in dec 04, second gear pulled like 1st gear used too. At stage 2 with 19psi, 70-110mph comes faster then you know it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

oh and don't compare HP number, the subie will loose often, my LGT pulls on the 330 hp g37 with ease. I have no where near that in power. its all about torque and the fact that its around 200 lbft just over 2000rpm...

oh and don't compare HP number, the subie will loose often, my LGT pulls on the 330 hp g37 with ease. I have no where near that in power. its all about torque and the fact that its around 200 lbft just over 2000rpm...

While your popularly misconceived idea that torque = acceleration is 100% wrong, you are correct that these cars are faster when lightly modified than most would guess.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

While your popularly misconceived idea that torque = acceleration is 100% wrong, you are correct that these cars are faster when lightly modified than most would guess.

Can we agree to disagree? Both of us have our reasons for our statements....:lol::lol::lol:

I've had mine a month and it's been in the shop 12 times, all for different things. I'm happier using a rickshaw as a DD

so has mine! and I couldn't be happier.

initial turbo up.

replaced with 18g blew up

replaced with vf40 blew up

p and l oil line

replaced with vf40. boostin awesome

killer b pick up and baffle

coolant leak part 1

coolant leak part 2

slowboy boostcontroller wont boost past 8, replaced with turboxs.

it's fun. i'm not even being sarcastic. suck it up

Ok, I should have been a little more clear.

When I say turned off, i dont necessarily mean it that way, what i mean is that sometimes i see one and its like daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, and then other times its like, meh. ya dig?

And no, i have done my research. Im actually pretty skilled/educated in cars, having a 97 lgt, 99 eclipse gsx, and the S4.

Its just such a toss up for me that i need to be convinced. idk i guess its a personal thing haha

but yea im lovin all the info.

Now i know bench racing and all that is frowned upon, but lets just say i had cobb ap, exhaust, larger tmic.....what other types of vehicles would be in my class? as in speed?

Ok, I should have been a little more clear.

When I say turned off, i dont necessarily mean it that way, what i mean is that sometimes i see one and its like daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, and then other times its like, meh. ya dig?

And no, i have done my research. Im actually pretty skilled/educated in cars, having a 97 lgt, 99 eclipse gsx, and the S4.

Its just such a toss up for me that i need to be convinced. idk i guess its a personal thing haha

but yea im lovin all the info.

Now i know bench racing and all that is frowned upon, but lets just say i had cobb ap, exhaust, larger tmic.....what other types of vehicles would be in my class? as in speed?

I would say an Un modified EVO or STI would be your class

G35/37, S2000, RX8, Mustang GT, Civic Si, RSX-S, Cobalt SS Supercharged should all be slower than you. I used to have an RX8, which was "praised" for how good of handling around the track. I really have a hard time believing it, since it seemed my LGT was better(15 mph faster in the corners...) Sure is was predictable as crap as to when it was going to be going sideways, but isn't the point to get around the course faster?

Hehe.. mod your 99 GSX then, it'll be faster.

Actually since I've built mitsubishi's for the good part of my mechanical life.. I'd say the legacy GT is about.. 90% as similar. They respond just as well as the mitsubishi's minus.. say 10%. Ie you will hit a plateau quicker where you have to throw more money to get it to run well. edit: not run well, I meant run faster with more hp :)

Audi itself is going to be different in asthetics, but certainly not in speed/handling. The audi itself handles very well for the car and weight, but feels like a sled. Fit and finish is way better, but power is nowhere close. I had an apr chipped 1.8T as well as an S4. And.. the lgt is far superior in it's response to mods.

The LGT that you say daaaymn is probably just a few small tweaks in looks that help. Ie some nice wheels, some extra clean wax job with some nice headlights. A nice quad tip exhaust setup.. some tinted lights or tinted windows... or just simply a front lip.

There aren't major asthetic mods available.. just like your S4. There's stock ones that just look stock, but one or two small mods to an S4 can make it look hot!

Nice mix with the cars man, 97 gs-t maroon here in mint condition, been working on it for the past 2 years and trust me i can buy a new car with the money i put into it. Talkin bout the legacy i just got mine like 4 months ago and i love the fact that it doesnt need as many mods and money to put in it to make it fast haha. But i've always been a mitsubishi guy and love those cars so i'm going to finish that project and smoke some lambos on the highway :-)

No. Not really.:confused:

And no, i have done my research.

Then you ARE aware of the facelifted MYs 08 and 09. Maybe that's part of the difference between your perceived aesthetic discrepancies?

Have you driven one? It might look and sound good on paper but maybe it's not a fit for you.

The Subaru will never compare to the Audi in fit and finish IMO but the LGT can be built into a pretty quick and fun sleeper. I just couldn't deal with the crappy seats and the rattling interior.

Denial is your best friend

Archived