LegacyGT.com

First time with Learning view

MasAyinde

Looks fairly good to me. Nice smooth boost and airflow. Timing is a bit on the high side but prob pretty close considering the boost you're running. Other than checking for knock events at high load/rpm I don't think there is much other tweaking that needs to be done.

1488597634_Screenshot2011-05-07at11_19_45AM.png.908d1343201dbca28a4ba2091c3ba0ec.png

Looks good. Don't worry about knock sum unless there is a correction and AF range A will be pretty erratic. Sometimes I idle and do a LV every 10 seconds or so until it settles just to see where it settles at. Id do this mod and gut the uppipe and 1st downpipe cat and go stage 2. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bulletproof-tmic-mod-lgt-08-wrx-158870.html Stage 1-2 was much more fun than 0-1. Also I had knock in the same areas with this map. What octain are you running?

• Mega Users

Our cars knock at low rpm/load. It is probably just noise. If it is knock, it is at such low load that it isn't dangerous. They all seem to do it sometimes. I can turn my car on and drive through a parking lot at 5mph. My knock sum will end up at 5 or 10. I never get knock at higher load. You can disable FLKC below 1.0 load or so.

I think the AF learning is high in the idle range because of the way the maf sensor is scaled stock. There is absolutely nothing to worry about with it unless the +40 goes up a lot.

I'm running 93 octane. I should have known that I would have to pull more timing back since the map is a 92 (??) octane map.

Just flashed the tweaked map and I'm checking LV every now and then and logging at idle. Good to know that the low load/engine speed knock isn't a huge deal. I'm ALMOST there at higher engine speeds, looks like just a few tiny changes around 1.6-1.7 g/rev and 2400-3000 rpm and I should be good to go.

Id do this mod and gut the uppipe and 1st downpipe cat and go stage 2. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bulletproof-tmic-mod-lgt-08-wrx-158870.html

Doesn't gutting the stock UP run the risk of debris getting in the turbo? I've gutted a cat before and thought that I had it 100% clean but the exhaust was still spitting out tiny honeycomb particles. I'd hate to think that those are ending up in the turbine. I'd rather pay $50-$75 for a stock STI UP and have that peace of mind. CNT catted DP is in my future.

BTW, a big thanks to everyone in this thread for helping me out with my first foray into ECU tuning. I'm far from an expert but I like the base of knowledge that you guys have helped me obtain.

Yeah I would personally go for an UP that never had a cat in it, unless it's been gutted by a professional who has done it multiple times before. I just went with a header & UP combo so that solved my problem.

If I remember right, m sprank sells DC Sports UPs for a little over $100? At least you'd know it's new, not used, no issues. Probably a bigger pipe too

Just drove from my house to ocean city, NJ. LV when I got here had all zeroes for knock and acceptable AF learning...tune looks and feels so good that I got my first speeding ticket in four years.

Just drove from my house to ocean city, NJ. LV when I got here had all zeroes for knock and acceptable AF learning...tune looks and feels so good that I got my first speeding ticket in four years.

lol glad to hear things are working out pretty well, but sucks about the ticket. HATE tickets.

Yeah I'm not a fan either. I gunned it to get by an old lady in an old mercedes that was weaving in and out of lanes and even into oncoming traffic. It was a 35 zone and I got up to 66 to pass her. Cop clocked me at 50 and gave me a ticket for going 44, so it could have been worse.

Yeah I'm not a fan either. I gunned it to get by an old lady in an old mercedes that was weaving in and out of lanes and even into oncoming traffic. It was a 35 zone and I got up to 66 to pass her. Cop clocked me at 50 and gave me a ticket for going 44, so it could have been worse.

Yup, and the old lady goes on her way endangering others and nobody gives them a ticket!

but uhh, if you're going to log, do a third gear pull from 2000rpm to redline.....so we can see what you're doing on full boost. It wouldn't hurt to view fine learning knock and feedback correction too...

Archived