LegacyGT.com

Rediculously overpriced

Schrei Wolf

09 LGT Limited with 30K miles on it, remote starter, all options except nav. 22K done deal!

I thought you said you practically stole that car! I got my 08 with 36k with nav and all options for $20k!

I can't imagine why people pay what they do for new cars. To me $40k for an STI is just crap. $30,000 for a new Legacy GT is ridiculous. $50k for a new F-150 is just retarded. To me that is a nice car. Now would I pay that much for it? No. I'll let someone else waste their money on it. Mine is basically the same thing only it's a 2005 with less miles on it with the obvious differences between an '08 and an '05 but mine was $14200. I can't say that I don't wish it was cheaper but it was the price I was willing to pay for my car for the miles on it.

I understand your rationale completely but if you got your '05 in 2008, you missed out on 3 years of great motoring in an LGT.

It's like waiting year after year for flat panel TV prices to continue falling, all the while still using your 27" Sony Trinitron from 2002.

Yes, eventually you will be able to buy a 60" 3D panel for 900 bucks, but you have gone without it for all the years you waited.;)

I understand where you are coming from though, as my next car will likely be a $25K used Infiniti M45 luxo-sled that some moron paid $60K for brand new.

I agree. I just don't want to spend extra money for brand new when I can enjoy something a little bit older for a lot less. I bought mine this year actually and i'm not about to complain. To each their own. I am fine with my 32" Aquos from 2006 right now that I use for my computer monitor. Unless it's power tools I usually won't buy a new top of the line anything. I'm cheap. Most things I find overpriced and won't spend money on them.

There was some study done on 100 millionaires about how their money gets spent. Not one of them owned a brand new car. Most common response: bad investment for just transportation. I also hear the saying" the rich get richer and the poor get poorer." To which I usually reply, "because the rich are smarter with their money." When I buy something i'm usually giving my money to someone who has more of it than I do. I don't want them to have my money. I work my sack off so that I can have it, not to give it right back. I'm not threatening to become a millionaire anytime soon but it's the principle of it.

To another post: I saw a few dealer quotes for prices at auction and they were accurate. I looked on manheim.com to double check. I thought about buying from there. But I also won't buy a car without looking at it first.

Archived