LegacyGT.com

Do you like the sleeper aspect, or do you like to be loud?

Do yo like the sleeper look or not  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Do yo like the sleeper look or not

• Yes
    • No
    • I haz stikerz and bling, do tha math
    • I drive a 2.5i ... :-/

I like my car to stand out from the rest, especially when noone can tell wtf it is. - I wouldn't have done any of that unless I wanted to be noticed.

I too like the getting noticed part (:wub:GRP) coupled with the sleeper qualities of the car. After-market rims went on a few weeks ago and parts for an upgrade in the suspension are on order. BNR 16g and used STi UP have been sitting in my basement since December awaiting the opportunity to make the switch. No intention at this point to go with any exhaust to draw attention other than the visuals.

For the most part, the only people that know (and appreciate) what our cars are capable of are fellow suby enthusiast.

That's been my observation as well and as a group suby enthusiasts have been both knowledgeable and helpful to this XT owner who a year ago didn't really know what a turbo was.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Dream DD sleeper... Tinted Taillights (50%), Cleared and Black Headlights + 6000k HID, SSR GT2's for Summer, Stockers for winter, BNR 16G, ProcessWest IC (paint the edges black), UP DP (wrapped in DEI Titanium and high temp painted black), Stock exhaust, Cusco Sways, etc...

:rolleyes:

yeah- As I wait for my R-Rev Sports grille to arrive, I kind of like the stock look. I put on a pair of gunmetal 18 Rota gravels( my car is black) and the car now looks alot more aggressive- so much so I don't think I'm "flying under the radar" anymore- especially when/if I put on the aftermarket grille. Don't get me wrong, I love the look, but I liked the "domestic" look of my LGT, and letting the unseen mods show my license plate to curious S4s and buzzy little Acuras.

I really like the "assault" wagonistas- I almost bought a B6 Audi S4 wagon- but Audis and Bimmers are so obvious to be fast and "look at me". Here in Chicago silver/black A4s or 330i's are a dime a dozen. I love having the golden retriever "friendly" Subie that's not pretentious and can hang with an M3( hehe-sort of)

I like to keep mine a sleeper. I keeps a low profile. I like my car to be faster then it looks. I wanted my car to be slightly agressive but, not stand out to much. Most wouldn't think my wagon was making 340whp on pump gas and @ 370whp on e85 at only 20psi and does 12 sec 1/4 mi with my old 20g. To keep it low key I'm running a hi flow catt and 3 muffler. My turbo spooling is louder then my exhuast.

I had a new billet wheeled hybird 20g built and it's in my car now. It feels like it spools faster but, I haven't got a chance to tune it yet.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

If you want to conceal it you can do a spray of black paint over it. Just enough to decrease the visibility.

That's true. I installed one of my black powdered FMIC on one of my customers '08 WRX and you can't even see it.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/DSCN0054.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/DSCN0049.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/DSCN0048.jpg

I call that a sleeper

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I came from a Honda Accord. Nicely JDM built but it was a theft target. I had the chance to buy a STI hatch or Outback XT. I went with the Outback because of it being different.

My family members and them all drive's STI, and when they saw my Outback, they said why that.

I said all the little boys drive Honda Civics. They are like the WRX or STI. Everyone owns one. The big boys who appreciates better things in life drives Honda Accord's. The Accords are like the Legacy. All the luxury stuff and can still be as fast.

Here are pix of my car. It's very low key for a car that has outrun EVO, STi, Mustangs,etc

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/160104.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/DSCN0055.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/005857.jpg

If you want to conceal it you can do a spray of black paint over it. Just enough to decrease the visibility.

Or you can get it coated with the BBE thermal dissipative coating from SwainTech:

BBE_Coated_Intercooler.jpg

More expensive, but more effective and equally as stealth.

Itsme your wagon is sick. Very nicely done. I think I said that in the ABP thread as well ;) Do you have built internals?

I want to hear how it runs when you get it tuned.

I like to keep mine a sleeper. I keeps a low profile. I like my car to be faster then it looks. I wanted my car to be slightly agressive but, not stand out to much. Most wouldn't think my wagon was making 340whp on pump gas and @ 370whp on e85 at only 20psi and does 12 sec 1/4 mi with my old 20g. To keep it low key I'm running a hi flow catt and 3 muffler. My turbo spooling is louder then my exhuast.

I had a new billet wheeled hybird 20g built and it's in my car now. It feels like it spools faster but, I haven't got a chance to tune it yet.

Sleeper here as well. If you look at it it's moms grocery getter.

But if you look under it and know what you looking at you'l see there's a difference.

Pinks,Bilsteins,all the Cusco bars and braces,AVO links,with Michelin Pilot UHP tires.

If you look under the hood,stg 2,full catless exhaust to stock mufflers,custom tune,with an underdrive pully.

Grocery getter fr sure;)

ps,and with a total of 22,000 miles on the speedo :eek:

Sleeper fer shure. At least on the outside. Even took off my lip to keep it more sleeper. I relish the practicallity of the wagon.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1da36b3127ccefcb65a6cba8f00000030O00AaN2zRq2aNWYPbz4U/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1da36b3127ccefcb79c699aa500000030O00AaN2zRq2aNWYPbz4U/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

And then battle dress for weekend autocross

I use this on all my coated intercoolers. They charge me $95 for my intercooler.

Or you can get it coated with the BBE thermal dissipative coating from SwainTech:

BBE_Coated_Intercooler.jpg

More expensive, but more effective and equally as stealth.

Itsme your wagon is sick. Very nicely done. I think I said that in the ABP thread as well ;) Do you have built internals?

A little bit of both depending on the season:lol: Basic mods stay the same, Borla CBE w Cobb Catted DP and Stage 2 Cobb tune. I sell Subies and most of my customers buy their cars for practicality so pulling into the dealer with a super loud exhaust and visibly highly modded car is a bit much!

Winter: Raised to stock height! Stock grill

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/Sniper07zx6r/Subie%20Photos/IMG_5868.jpg

Summer: Lowered w Eibachs, a lil bling for rims, have a CF Grill from Jason @ RREV on the way. Gonna switch it for summer

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/Sniper07zx6r/Subie%20Photos/IMG_6137.jpg

A little bit of both depending on the season:lol: Basic mods stay the same, Borla CBE w Cobb Catted DP and Stage 2 Cobb tune. I sell Subies and most of my customers buy their cars for practicality so pulling into the dealer with a super loud exhaust and visibly highly modded car is a bit much!

Have you driven in the winter at summer height? I don't imagine it'd be too much trouble, considering it's only an Eibach drop and you have dedicated snow tires. I'd rather not get coilovers, and just want to do a mild drop.

I use this on all my coated intercoolers. They charge me $95 for my intercooler.

Ultimately I'd like to get a FMIC and coat it with the BBE stuff, then get a 2.5i hood and keep it super sleeper :lol:

Have you driven in the winter at summer height? I don't imagine it'd be too much trouble, considering it's only an Eibach drop and you have dedicated snow tires. I'd rather not get coilovers, and just want to do a mild drop.

Ultimately I'd like to get a FMIC and coat it with the BBE stuff, then get a 2.5i hood and keep it super sleeper :lol:

Well let me know I will have kits back in stock next month.

busuto: what are those summer wheels? i like 'em.

i voted for the stickarz one because it was funny. my car has a front lip, tail tint (w/ reverse cutout so not fully noticeable), LIGHT window tint, upgraded exhaust (cobb DP + borla CBE), lowered on bilstein hd's/pinks and in the summer i ride on rota battles. however, to the average person it's still pretty sleeper besides the front lip (and wheels in summer). the exhaust isn't loud on normal driving, only when I stomp on it. the ride height just looks like it's supposed to be that way, the wheels fill the wells properly.

i don't think people assume the car is fast just from the look of it, though. still has the 4door sedan look.

Yes I have driven with the Eibachs in winter with no trouble. Don't mind switching back to stock because I have access to the tools to do the switch and the roads are like crap here in Maine!

busuto: what are those summer wheels? i like 'em.

Bremmer Kraft Bro5 from Tire Rack

Archived