LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

^ :lol:

I like to go with Anna, but more often than not, we don't actually make it there. :( Things always come up, and as she's got plenty of toys already, well, you guessed it.....

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Brian,

My "plan" again is to hit Toys-R-Us this weekend, but you know me (or rather, Anna)....it could change..... :redface:

If we do go, we should be there on Saturday AM, at around 10.

aight give me a buzz w/ about an hour notice if you are still going to do that. u still have my cell?

lol.. do you go to toys r us often? or is it that you actually just plan on going but then never get there?? It sounds like toys r us might be a good spot to have a meet.. lol.

Yeah the Coke stuff, it did kind of look like I could have ran over a coke or something with my car, like maybe hit the front tire or something. I need to check again and see if it did wash off. But it does look like my driveway doesnt have the spots anymore, which means that it wasnt an oily substance.

Now I am trying to figure out this cylinder misfire. Someone on Lersoc that I believe has a WRX is actually having this exact same problem right now, same cylinder and everything. Hes done lots of checks and still hasnt figure out what the problem is.

i forget where i read it, but from what i remember on a lot of these especially high mileage cars it turns out to be a bad connection between a sensor which i forget. it was either the crank sensor or the actual injector connector. a little dielectric grease solved the problem.

Hey, that was me. Didn't notice you until I was getting ready to turn. Was wondering why someone was staying next to me. Sorry not a big morning fan.:p

Good to meet ya! I will have to keep an eye out for you, next time I will honk and flash my lights so you don't doze off. Normally my only regular is an old guy that drives a gold STI, however he drives really conservatively.

wtf........ coke?

hey allen u gonna be in mayfield at all this weekend? anyone interested in going out to dinner on saturday night? or just meeting up at 91 and euclid at burger king or something. i dunno.

Busy as hell this weekend, but I would be down for a meet around Mayfield, maybe at the hound one of these days. I need to start putting some faces to some names. :)

I wonder if Brian is an early-riser kind of guy? :)

Anna got up at, like, 6:30 this morning.....doesn't she know it's Saturday?!!? :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ :lol:

Anna *was* drugged!

Since she has a cold, mom (the pediatrician) has been giving Anna a slug of Benadryl just before bed, to try to help her not be so stuffy.

Anna's always been an early riser. I could count the times she's "slept in," since she was born, on my hands.

Don't feel bad about going to sleep early - we're usually lights-out by 10, too.

Maybe by next year, Sara and I will finally be back to our "before Anna" schedule. :lol:

----

BTW, for how much Anna fought going to Toys-R-Us this morning (again, sorry I didn't pick up the phone, she was in total meltdown state, tears, incoherent speech, everything!) I'm sure you noticed that she was really lovin' it, by the time you got there.

Sigh, kids.....

lol.. do you go to toys r us often? or is it that you actually just plan on going but then never get there?? It sounds like toys r us might be a good spot to have a meet.. lol.

Spent $77 there today.

I was surprised how many toys we bought :eek:, for that little money. I about filled-up the trunk!

If only car mods were so affordable! :lol::lol:

Good to meet ya! I will have to keep an eye out for you, next time I will honk and flash my lights so you don't doze off. Normally my only regular is an old guy that drives a gold STI, however he drives really conservatively.

lol i appreciate that but odds are you won't see me to often. I just moved back to Cuyahoga Falls on Easter.

wtf.... apparently no one on this site can answer my question?

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84951

argh. i did confirm my loss of RPM. i have a feeling though it may be bad gas. i use only one place all the time and recently now that gas prices have gone up i bet they are mixing. i mean sh!t look at the timing when this is happening. it has to be knock prevention.

I'm sadly not equipped to do a good run-through of the data.

Undoubtedly, when the tech-savvy guys see that post ( after all, it is the weekend! :) ), they'll have more to contribute, but I'm very basic when it comes to reading and interpreting datalogs, and I wouldn't want to confuse the situation by giving you improper feedback. :redface:

• 2 weeks later...
wtf.... apparently no one on this site can answer my question?

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84951

argh. i did confirm my loss of RPM. i have a feeling though it may be bad gas. i use only one place all the time and recently now that gas prices have gone up i bet they are mixing. i mean sh!t look at the timing when this is happening. it has to be knock prevention.

You are still running the stock ECU tune, right? That would be weird if it was a knock correction.. hmm.. I use Sunoco gas and havent ever really had a problem. What gas do you use?

I see its been a few days since your last post, did you figure anything out?

no ecu tune. straight stock.

i have been sick as a dog. 100+ degree fever. plus my stomach injury from january still has me doing minimal lifting.

today i went down to 1/4 tank and filled up w/ shell v power 93. i am thinking it honestly is 1. GetGo blends their gas to save money 2. leak in boost gauge.

there is a 3rd option..... b/c this is my first manual car..... maybe it is something i screwed up in the tranny? i dunno though. one of j00 nuts can drive my car if u feel like it and see what a stock leggy feels like again.

no ecu tune. straight stock.

i have been sick as a dog. 100+ degree fever. plus my stomach injury from january still has me doing minimal lifting.

today i went down to 1/4 tank and filled up w/ shell v power 93. i am thinking it honestly is 1. GetGo blends their gas to save money 2. leak in boost gauge.

there is a 3rd option..... b/c this is my first manual car..... maybe it is something i screwed up in the tranny? i dunno though. one of j00 nuts can drive my car if u feel like it and see what a stock leggy feels like again.

Hey Brian, we can get together sometime if you want. I could drive your car and see how it feels if you want me to. I could let you drive mine.. but then you might not like yours anymore :lol: But you have ridden in mine, so you know theres a wee bit more power..

yea i heart ur car :)

i gotta figure out when i am well again. i have been running a temp for 2 days now. sux major balls. i will get back to ya. i dont mind letting u drive my car to see if u feel what i feel.

i switched to shell v power 93 and there is def a 90% improvement. when boost kicks in at about 3500rpm that is when i get a lil double dip then jerk. i will keep u posted. u can still come drive my car.

yea i reset the ecu last weekend. really had no effect.

i think it is gas. now everything is smooth up until when i hit peak boost when it gets a big jerkey but that is subaru for ya from what i understand

well boys.... sinuses are starting to clear out. i fly down to NC on thursday to see about a new job in the area. hopefully with any luck if my sickness does not get in the way i will have a new job and be out of ohio within the next 60 days.

^ Oh man, I'm gonna miss you! :(

^ Oh nah, I'm not worried about the cable at all! :) Besides, if you'd forgotten, it's not like you couldn't just mail it to me, :lol: - I'm truly just sad that an LGTer is leaving. :(