LegacyGT.com

*Post your single best pic!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Couple of days after I got her... not as clean now, thanks to all the dirt on the backroads and occasional very light snow.

http://i.imgur.com/Wfx89.jpg

I love this... Because I drive this :D

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z314/987687/98%20Legacy%20GT/IMG_3911.jpg

My $400 wonder...

Oh damn. I haven't really done anything to mine. Looks like you took the wing off? As far as I know mine's completely stock, and I'm not sure if I want to change it... I feel like it's a slippery slope to ricing it out, I don't know if I'd be able to stick to just a few modifications.

Removing the wing is one of the only things I actually want, right now, to change about mine.

Looks good I would just tint the windows.

Couple of days after I got her... not as clean now, thanks to all the dirt on the backroads and occasional very light snow.

http://i.imgur.com/Wfx89.jpg

My wing is still there, just can't see it in the picture.

All I've done to mine is put the black wheels on, 2.5i wheels painted black. Got them cheaper than what I sold the stock wheels for.

Added the JDM headlights, I had them on my 96. So I swapped them over.

Then I painted the awful chrome trim on the grill black.

That's all. I got the car for $400 because it had a bad engine, that I've coaxed back to life, that's now dying again. Knock knock knock knock....

I overpaid for mine, I paid $4500 which was talked down from $5500. But it really is as good a condition as you can find these cars in, and I fear they saw my enthusiasm and excitement after I'd test driven it.

I hadn't even thought of tinting the windows. Now I kinda wanna. Gotta get rid of the antenna too.

I really need to get the windows tinted on mine, but priorities say put a new engine in it first.

I also want to get the sunroof tinted. The factory one WAS tinted, but it got stuck open. Then it started raining. Love my luck.

But anyway, the one I replaced it with was from an L model. Swapping glass isn't fun, so that's what I ended up with.

If you want to go wingless, swap trunk lids with someone. That's the easiest way, people always want to add wings, so as long as you can find someone with a black one in nice shape it's an easy swap.

I overpaid for mine, I paid $4500 which was talked down from $5500. But it really is as good a condition as you can find these cars in, and I fear they saw my enthusiasm and excitement after I'd test driven it.

I hadn't even thought of tinting the windows. Now I kinda wanna. Gotta get rid of the antenna too.

4500 isnt bad if its mechanically in good shape and the maintenance has all been done. I paid 3000 for mine maybe could of talked them down a bit more. My car needs exhaust, steering rack, an axle, and brakes though.

I don't know if it'll last a couple of years without needing maintenance, but I had it independently checked up on by two different mechanics (including a Subie dealership where all the work on it gets done) and a mechanically inclined friend. It's pretty much pristine. Piston slap sounds like crap on a cold start, but everyone says that's not serious.

I was very stupid, though. The salesman knew he had a sale the moment I walked in. I was driving by the lot one day, specifically looking for cars, and saw mine parked there... closer inspection showed it was owned by someone so I just took a quick look, admired it, looked at their other cars a bit, and then left. A few days later I drove by again to check out a decent Monte Carlo they had... noticed the beautiful black Legacy was in their shop with the tires off and the plates were gone. They told me it'd be for sale the next day, they'd been putting new brakes on, checking the tranny, and so on. I came back the next day, test drove it a long time, and came back completely in love. I think they noticed. Week later, she was mine.

I'd have bought it for the $5500 if he hadn't budged on the price. Most Legacies I test drove during the year I was looking had serious problems... once I drove this one I knew I had a keeper, so they could've asked pretty much whatever they wanted.

1997 BD legacy gt. n/a. no mods. picked it up for 1450$ with a bad headgasket. actually my firsdt subaru and i gotta say... IM HOOKED!:) love the thing. 195k miles and runs great! rust is annoying to look at tho:/ hopefully upgrading to a 2000 gt sedan or wagon at the end of the summer!

rim.jpg.6d9f61944ed80e89d9e5c1abb31d60b6.jpg

sticler.jpg.9ec3b71206f990dd9b0ccb8b616ae6bd.jpg

under.jpg.61f546208e2f8054a594edf30ca3c600.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived