LegacyGT.com

BEST sway bars. Your opinion.

Sway bars are a great upgrade for sure. Depending on mileage your end links most likely need replacing anyway. You can spend a lot of money on bling bling endlinks which is fun, or you can install Moog endlinks and get the same result as the expensive brands without the bling.

I have installed Koni struts, King springs, Moog endlinks, and CKESSP bushings. For my DD car it works well, although a little harsh, but I love it.

If I was to start over again I would buy Bilstien struts and a softer spring.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, those are some seriously crappy brackets. You do know about AVO brackets, right?

Wow, those are some seriously crappy brackets. You do know about AVO brackets, right?

Yes and I was advised to stay away from AVO. I don’t remember the reason. These are simply backing plates to reinforce the sway bar. The price has gone up on them. One of our members manufactures them. Traildogck is his user name.

$80 bucks for some anhle iron? I dont get it...

x2 for moog and hotchkiss

These are NOT angle iron. The are extruded boxed steel or aluminum and they are band saw cut to size. The hardware is a 1/4" threaded backing nut that gains its strength from gusset structure at the connection to the subfame.

They are the same design as the Cusco that are NOT made anymore. You all are looking at a representation of an aluminum light duty. There are both light and heavy duty in both steel and aluminum. The are custom painted to any color you like. Honestly, I am giving them away for that price.

I take offense at this. Especially without any research into this product. I had the AVO brackets, I didn't like them and it's based on a DESIGN reason. My car has handled much better in a straight line since I ditched the AVO.

These are NOT angle iron. The are extruded boxed steel or aluminum and they are band saw cut to size. The hardware is a 1/4" threaded backing nut that gains its strength from gusset structure at the connection to the subfame.

They are the same design as the Cusco that are NOT made anymore. You all are looking at a representation of an aluminum light duty. There are both light and heavy duty in both steel and aluminum. The are custom painted to any color you like. Honestly, I am giving them away for that price.

I take offense at this. Especially without any research into this product. I had the AVO brackets, I didn't like them and it's based on a DESIGN reason. My car has handled much better in a straight line since I ditched the AVO.

Yes and I was advised to stay away from AVO. I don’t remember the reason. These are simply backing plates to reinforce the sway bar. The price has gone up on them. One of our members manufactures them. Traildogck is his user name.

If people are interested enough to read my design argument, then the above is clear. And honestly, I am going to quit making them. I shared my design information with ADF. (Anderson Design Fabrications) They are a dealer for my transmission mount inserts, including all CVT applications. Folks are welcome to bash those if you all want.

HXsKqmS.png

ADF steel version shown here.

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

If people are interested enough to read my design argument, then the above is clear. And honestly, I am going to quit making them.

Before you quit making them, would you mind selling me a set? :hide:

Seriously though. Let me know.

Thanks

@Traildog- I hope my comment didn't offend ya- I checked the ebay link and had no idea who made them... Conversely, pretty sure in your initial thread about making them I gave ya props??

I'm from the Jeep world... So making them is a no brainer just as you have done. For a lot of folks ~$80ish bucks for made in America, solid design, color options, and ready to install is a STEAL!

That said... I wish I could just bend some $250+ swaybars to sell! ��

@Traildog- I hope my comment didn't offend ya- I checked the ebay link and had no idea who made them... Conversely, pretty sure in your initial thread about making them I gave ya props??

I'm from the Jeep world... So making them is a no brainer just as you have done. For a lot of folks ~$80ish bucks for made in America, solid design, color options, and ready to install is a STEAL!

That said... I wish I could just bend some $250+ swaybars to sell! ��

I was in a bad mood yesterday, my regular day job was crushing me and I came across all of this mid-day.

I have had many folks say, why don;t you just use angle iron or angle aluminum. And for a DIY (like you said - I come from lifted jeep sand trucks also) that's fine for your own rig. But not for someone else. Plus the extruded 6061 AL and boxed steel is stronger than a weld or a fold. I know manufacturers who actually break/fold aluminum. I perter to take the time to chop up a boxed section.

I wouldn't say a steal. ADF has the $80 price point. The Cusco used to cost $85 and it was an 8-week wait. The AVO are $110. So I feel I am right in line with cost.

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

Archived