LegacyGT.com

"CRUISE" flashing

when my cruise light was flashing it was bc my MAF sensor had gotten wet due to a cold air intake

Cruise light always flashes when there is a CEL.

This to indicate that the cruise control is disabled. I don't really know why people seems to think that this is more important than the CEL... :spin:

453747.png

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got OCV sensors and installed them. I cleared codes and drove it 2 times. On 2nd time as soon as it warmed up enough CEL turned back on.

Came home and pulled codes P0128 P0011 and P0021

I'm pretty pissed and disappointed now as sensors are brand new and still codes returned. What should I do now?

If you're seeing oil coming from behind the cover, you have cam and/or crank seals leaking. If/when you have someone do the timing belt job for you, (and if you plan on keeping the car,) don't cheap out on it -- get a new belt, tensioner, idlers, water pump, thermostat, crank seal and cam seals.

How hard/expensive to change out crank/cam seals. Does engine have to come out?

• 2 weeks later...

DO NOT CHANGE YOUR CAM SEALS UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER TOOLS. and to do this, you need to replace your timing belt since you have to take off things in this order:

1:V-Belts

2:Crank Pulley

3:Timing Case

4:Timing belt

-Make SURE everything is LINED UP and will not move if your doing it yourself

5. All four Cam Sprockets = PITA since theyre hex sockets, I got the Koken 10 mm bit, and it worked perfect. (Of course this was after I destroyed everything =( ).

6. Youll see the Cam seals, make sure you can pull these off WITHOUT scratching the camshaft or else youll have a leaking cam seal forever since the oil will run through the scratches.

I'd suggest bringing it to a shop or subaru itll prob cost around 300-500 if you have all of the necessary parts and are just paying for labor. That's a very low price to pay compared to my 4400 for trying to do it myself and make stuff collide as well as scratching the camshaft.

It does shake at idle and when in gear at stop light.

Is there specs for iAT sensor, I'd like to measure resistance. FSM only shows how to R/R sensor

I had this exact problem with my 08 LGT. Took it to my dealer and they replaced the tumbler gaskets? I think it was tumbler gaskets...

I had my car drop into neutral on it's own and both my Cruise and Check Engine light started flashing about a month after I got my '08 GT. The transmission needed a faulty module replaced.

If both are flashing it is often a serious problem.

• I Donated
If both are flashing it is often a serious problem.

Depends on your definition of "serious." CELs can be anything from $0-50 replacements of non-crucial parts, to expensive replacements that, if not done immediately, can cause serious cascading mechanical damage. It's all about what code comes up -- hence why you should get the code read (or read it with a code reader yourself) ASAP, and then determine after that whether immediate action is required.

Example: After my swap, I had a TGV position sensor code -- I could have left it for a year without engine damage, but the flashing cruise annoyed me, so I bought a $20 sensor to fix it.

My mechanic is working on it and pulled engine out. Apparently you need special wrench to take out camshaft bolts so he's ordering it so he can have it for next time he needs it. He said that some idiot was in there before and didn't put on timing belt correctly (as I suspected) and that;s why car shook all the time.

Knowing all this we probably wouldn't have bought subaru. What a PITA these cars are

Not very difficult though....pulling the engine is rather easy, once it's out everything else is easy, trust me. Sounds like they're doing the right thing by pulling the engine, that way you can tackle EVERYTHING with ease and can actually save time. Setting the correct timing and lining up the marks can be a PITA though, just gotta have that torx/hex adapter to line the cam sprockets up oh so diligently.

Not very difficult though....pulling the engine is rather easy, once it's out everything else is easy, trust me. Sounds like they're doing the right thing by pulling the engine, that way you can tackle EVERYTHING with ease and can actually save time. Setting the correct timing and lining up the marks can be a PITA though, just gotta have that torx/hex adapter to line the cam sprockets up oh so diligently.

He pulled out engine cause he's gonna change head gaskets

Archived