LegacyGT.com

Infamous Performance Norcal Install & Tune day

wpmarky

When would you prefer to have this Infamous Performance install day?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. When would you prefer to have this Infamous Performance install day?

• ASAP! (I popped a code / my 60k is coming up / my DP is sitting in my garage waiting)
    • Spring (March - April)
    • Summer- (May-July)
    • Fall (Aug - Oct)
    • Select this option if you'd be interested buying parts if Mike brought em (save on shipping).

Hey guys,

Is there anyone up here in Norcal that has wanted to get road tuned by Infamous? Or would anyone be interested in getting your headlights cleared or any other install work done by Msprank? After talking to Mike (Msprank), he said that they would be willing to come up here for an install & tune day if there was enough interest for it.

If you haven't seen him around the boards already, Mike (Msprank) really knows our Legacies inside and out. He does amazing, high quality work at great prices, is fun to hang out with, etc etc. He can do almost any install job, as well as all the usual maintenance (30k, 60k, 90k) inspections.

Shamar (Infamous1) is THE best LGT tuner around. While most of our local shops ask for $300-$1000 a tune, at $175, Shamar's stg. 1 or stg. 2 road tune is a no brainer. He brings all the cables and WB02 needed to load your tune. You don't need to buy any additional equipment for an open source tune, which means you can sell the AP for $500 and buy more parts!

This past weekend, I drove down to socal and Mike was able to clean up my header install (local shop used anti-seize instead of RTV gasket sealant), get my up pipe in properly, zip tie my hoses down where they were prone to blowing, and realign my DP & CBE cuz he noticed it was off. Then Shamar was able to get my 18g up to 392whp & 412tq:eek:. PM me if you want a test drive :)

What do you guys think? It doesn't have to be soon, maybe some time in April, May or June so that everyone has time to plan, save up, and buy whatever parts you want for stg 1/2/3. Then Mike & Shamar can come up for the weekend and put everything in for us, and get the proper tunes to match. Maybe Mike could even bring a truck full of parts to sell to us at a good price? :p

Here are all the parts Mike can sell us:

http://www.infamousperformance.net

Here are Mike's install prices for those parts:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/im-vendor-now-installs-repairs-mods-make-house-calls-142479.html

And here are Shamars road tune prices:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/infamous-tuning-road-tunes-103998.html

If you're interested in just coming for some BBQ and hanging out to see these 2 guru's in action, that's kool too =)

Install List: Goal- $4000 worth of labor

1) LGTfoLIFE- DP install + 90k inspection ($380)

2) Scot20- 60k ($450)

3) Tinman- Springs/Struts, pads, rotors, ss lines ($600)

4) Exsterminator- misc parts install

5) Scootyc- CBE & TMIC ($100)

Tune List: Goal- 12 tunes

1) WPMarky- 08 Spec.B Stage 3 CA91 tune revision for 18g

2) WPMarky- 08 Spec.B Stage 3 e85 tune revision for 18g

3) WPMarky's Friend- 2011 STI Stage 2 CA91

4) WPMarky's friend #2- 2007 STI Stage 3 CA91 tune

5) WPmarky's friend #2- 2007 STI Stage 3 e85 tune

6) Scot20- Stage 2 tune

7) Axologl81- Stage 3 tune for 18g

8) Axolotl81's brother- 07 STI

9) SCSpecB- 08 Spec.B Stage 2 tune

10) Scootyc- Stage 2 tune

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on the state of my car when this happens (diagnosing p0304), I am interested in a Timing Belt Kit install(already ordered the kit from fred beans) and a 90k non-synthetic Subaru Extra S service.

392whp & 412tq nice!

subscribed for updates

Thats actually not all the parts Mike can sell us.:eek:

He also carries all OEM parts and many, many, many more parts than are on the site yet. If you want a OEM or go-fast part that is worth putting on a LGT, Mike has it.

Shamar is not just "the best" LGT tuner. He has tuned over FOUR HUNDRED (EDIT: OVER 500!!!) Legacy GT.

If you really want to see the quality of work Mike does for customer cars check out my rebuild:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/lalgt-rebuild-thread-152682.html?highlight=lalgt+rebuild

^this car does not even RESEMBLE the car I dropped off to him. At the local meet people asked "When did you get another Legacy" "That isn't the same car" "Didn't you used to have a different car?"

Shamar is not just "the best" LGT tuner. He has tuned over FOUR HUNDRED Legacy GT.

graphs or shens...

thats a shitload of tunes. spend 10 years as a classically trained adult film actress and you might make 300 films... and thats just laying on your back moaning for a camera.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

New poll added to see when people would prefer to have this install day.

Whenever you want to come by Bo, just txt me ; )

I myself would be interested in a 60k inspection, gotta make sure this stg. 3 is staying in good shape.

I'd be in for a 90k service, and some ss brake lines, maybe CV boots (depending on timing- might not want to wait). Probably a stage 1 tune, too.

Location? Are we talking about a central location to keep travel time down for Mike and Shamar? That may may be issue for me- I have no garage or driveway...

Yep I was thinking we can try to find something central where we can gather.

Last mini install day we tried to setup was at my friend's dad's ranch Fremont. We had enough room there for 10-15 cars to park, and 2-3 cars to be worked on at the same time, and we had the grill going as well =D

If there's enough interest from our Sac neighbors, maybe we could even do one install day in the bay area, and another up in Sac.

New poll added to see when people would prefer to have this install day.

Whenever you want to come by Bo, just txt me ; )

I myself would be interested in a 60k inspection, gotta make sure this stg. 3 is staying in good shape.

I'm working over off McCarthy at LTC for the next month or so. Maybe sooner than later :D

Can we make this happen?

Thinking seriously about going down south to have Mike do the 90k service, brake line install, and install a new turbo and uppipe.

With the stuff I want him to do to my car alone , that is probably a day of work...

How many days does he need to fill to get him up here?

And Shamar? How many tunes to get him up? I need one of those, too...

Archived