LegacyGT.com

Infamous Performance Norcal Install & Tune day

wpmarky

When would you prefer to have this Infamous Performance install day?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. When would you prefer to have this Infamous Performance install day?

• ASAP! (I popped a code / my 60k is coming up / my DP is sitting in my garage waiting)
    • Spring (March - April)
    • Summer- (May-July)
    • Fall (Aug - Oct)
    • Select this option if you'd be interested buying parts if Mike brought em (save on shipping).

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, sorry for being quiet. Got busy with wedding planning, work, and some family stuff.

How does May sound for this install day? Is that enough time for everyone to finish collecting parts / saving up for a tune? It's only 2 months away!

I briefly talked to Mike and Shamar, and agreed on the following targets to make it worth their time to come up and visit us.

For Msprank's handiwork, he needs at least $4000 worth of labor. He will bring all the tools necessary for his work, and will bring at least 1 additional mechanic to help speed things along.

In order to get Infamous1 to come up and tune us all, he needs 12 tunes. He can tune almost any Subaru via Cobb AP or opensource. Only 2010+ LGT is AP only. For these road tunes, he brings his own WB02 and all the cables needed to log & flash maps. You do NOT need to buy your own tactrix/vagcom/Cobb AP/WB02 to get road tuned by Shamar. That is a huge plus!

I was going to change my build and get retuned soon, but can wait until this install day to help make sure we have enough work to get them to come up.

That being said, let's get the list started and get Mike & Shamar up here =D

Install List: Goal- $4000 worth of labor

1) LGTfoLIFE- DP install + 90k inspection ($380)

2) Scot20- 60k ($450)

3) OutbackXT05- Clutch install ($500)

4) Exsterminator- misc parts install

5) Scootyc- CBE & TMIC ($100)

6) Tinman- Springs/Struts, pads, rotors, ss lines ($600)

Tune List: Goal- 12 tunes

1) WPMarky- 08 Spec.B Stage 3 CA91 tune revision for 18g

2) WPMarky- 08 Spec.B Stage 3 e85 tune revision for 18g

3) WPMarky's Friend- 2011 STI Stage 2 CA91

4) WPMarky's friend #2- 2007 STI Stage 3 CA91 tune

5) WPmarky's friend #2- 2007 STI Stage 3 e85 tune

6) Scot20- Stage 2 tune

7) Axologl81- Stage 3 tune for 18g

8) Axolotl81's brother- 07 STI

9) SCSpecB- 08 Spec.B Stage 2 tune

10) Scootyc- Stage 2 tune

Interested, please keep me posted with developments. If I wanted to get parts installed, would you bring them up with you or would I need to buy and have them shipped to me, and bring them along. And how much would install cost?

If they have room, and if there's enough interest, they can try to bring a trailer for parts. What did you need?

Install cost depends what you need installed.

Check out his vendor thread here for prices:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/im-vendor-now-installs-repairs-mods-make-house-calls-142479.html

We have truck and trailer. Would make most sense to come up in it. That way we can bring as many tools as possible.

I could possibly bring two more mechanics with me so we could me most productive.

April is no good. But May/June should be good.

Thanks!

Looks promising. Even if a few members needed just 30/60/90k maint. We could bang a bunch of those out. I did get asked about a full turbo/injector/pump build and we could pull that off during a few day trip too. 3 mechanics and 1 tuner with a truck load of tools can get a lot done. We can work more than 8 hours a day.

I did get asked about a full turbo/injector/pump build and we could pull that off during a few day trip too.

I might just do the 16g and clutch install plus tune. Not sure if I can come up with the cash for the full turbo, injectors, pump, clutch, E85/91oct tune but I sure will try :wub: Would be a hefty penny for all that but We shall see...

Ok, so which dates work better for folks:

May 28-30, 2011 (anyone on the interested list taking vacation for Memorial day weekend?)

or June 4-5, 2011?

If anyone is curious whether or not stage 3 is worth it, I could offer some ride alongs at a BBQ meet some time next month when things warm up. If Hadv can come out, then people can feel the difference in lag between stg 2, a 16g, and 18g (i know i'm curious how much spool i'm missing).

Archived