LegacyGT.com

The H6 3.0R Thread Check in Here

Like my 3.0R limited a lot- nice driving car, been reasonably trouble free. Until now... 7 years, 85k miles.

Unfortunately, first major problem started last Friday. Constant misfires on cylinders 1 & 6. Car will intermittently start and run fine, then start misfiring or misfire immediately... odd. Only misfire codes (301,306) showing.

Coils, plugs ok. Did the usual coil swap trick, tried a new plug, no fix. Grounds all good, clean.

No fuel on the spark plugs for the misfiring cylinders. Suspecting that the injectors aren't being triggered- PCM problem.

Don't mean to turn this into a troubleshooting thread....

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like my 3.0R limited a lot- nice driving car, been reasonably trouble free. Until now... 7 years, 85k miles.

Unfortunately, first major problem started last Friday. Constant misfires on cylinders 1 & 6. Car will intermittently start and run fine, then start misfiring or misfire immediately... odd. Only misfire codes (301,306) showing.

Coils, plugs ok. Did the usual coil swap trick, tried a new plug, no fix. Grounds all good, clean.

No fuel on the spark plugs for the misfiring cylinders. Suspecting that the injectors aren't being triggered- PCM problem.

Don't mean to turn this into a troubleshooting thread....

I went through this exact same issue! Had to replace the ECU for it to go away $$$

• 2 weeks later...
I have the board out of the enclosure. Multi layer board, so I can't see a lead break if it's in the board itself. I have one component- need to identify it- that looks suspicious - brown edge, clear board overlay gone above it. Larger question is what caused it to smoke- internal structural failure or momentary external short (hope not!!).

• 2 months later...
Has anyone used a tactrix cable and EcuFlash to tune their 2004 Subaru Legacy 3.0R? I can get RomRaider to connect and give me info but when I connect EcuFlash and try to read the rom off my ECU it just gives me an error. I have the green test cables connected.

Use the sti04 or 05 method.

Hook up all green connects by the ecu and driver side.

Cheers man, I couldn't find the one on the passenger side (Its JDM so right hand drive) but I finally managed to find it. Now I have managed to download the ROM off the ECU but the definition I have for EcuFlash either isn't right or theres nothing I can change :confused:

The definition I have that matches is D2ZU002A (2004 JDM Legacy 3.0R AT DBW).

Any idea why it wont let me view/change any data on my ROM? Any idea where to find a working ROM for my car? I got the ROM from here: http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10664

Cheers

You have to load the ecuflash file.

I am not feeling you can really tune your car.

If it is JDM, the car will have too much timing. Do go adding timing. Ok?!?!

You think my car will already have too much timing? I want to do some data logging and see if it's knocking and if it is I'll turn the advancement down a little bit. Is there anything I can do to tune my car? Timing, VVL, AF ratio, anything? I'm planning on getting some raptor headers at some point but I just want to start with tuning.

I have loaded the definition and the ROM. It shows up on the screen but all the fields are greyed out and if I click on them they say something about not being properly defined. I can send you a screen shot tomorrow when I have another try. Do you think the definition file might be wrong or not compatible with my car or am I just using it wrong?

Send a screen shot.

Log and see and learn.

Okay here are 2 screenshots. I'd really like to be able to tune my car, even if I can't get more power from the stock setup. It's a passion I've had for a while and I'm eager to learn how to do it.

Timing, AF ratio, DBW, VVL, VVT and diagnostics are the things I want to learn about/tweak.

1888177593_EcuFlashScreenshot.thumb.png.d66ac64481da31e4851a10b79d6bf357.png

519581096_EcuFlashScreenshot2.png.355bf695cb191553aa6e1a1a4f9fa529.png

import the ecuflash file. I haven't look at it to see if that ecuflash file is valid, but usually there are. Also check your ecuflash user permission level.

Before even focus on tuning, log her.

See the link that can help you log.

32bit ECU - H6 3.0R

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=501#p1530

Do you have any tuning experience?

import the ecuflash file. I haven't look at it to see if that ecuflash file is valid, but usually there are. Also check your ecuflash user permission level.

Before even focus on tuning, log her.

See the link that can help you log.

32bit ECU - H6 3.0R

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=501#p1530

Do you have any tuning experience?

I cant find any way to import the ecuflash file. Do you mean the ROM or the definition? I've defined the location of the definitions under File>Options>metadata location and I've opened the ROM. You can see on the left that it has recognised my ROM correctly but no tables show up. I've set my user level to advanced and its also set to show tables that are outside of my use level but grey them out, still nothing showing. I guessing either this definition is faulty or it doesn't quite match my ROM.

No tuning experience, just a passion for cars and a lot of reading/watching videos on the basics of tuning (timing, AF ratios, knock, load, VVT, VVL etc)

557792001_EcuFlashScreenshot3.thumb.png.753dd5046269bcdb8aa4c15bf663c419.png

Put the ecuflash file from RR website in the ecuflash location meta area.

That's ok. We all started from.some place.

I've done that. I downloaded the list of definitions from the RomRaider website and saved them into the metadata file in the EcuFlash file (where EcuFlash was installed) and then I went into the EcuFlash settings and made sure that it was referencing the correct location, which it is. Then I opened the ROM that I downloaded from my car and now I'm here. I'm 99% sure I've done everything correctly and EcuFlash says that it has loaded my ROM and that it's "using metadata XML ID D2ZU002A from file C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenECU/EcuFlash/rommetadata/subaru metric/Legacy 3.0R/D2ZU002A.xml" but no tables show up, there's nothing I can change, nothing I can view.

• 1 month later...
I love the Spec B. There do respond very well to tuning begs for upgrades like boost. The last one I worked on was producing very good results.

Would love to put a tune on mine but am yet to do some supporting changes. Was thinking exhaust and headers before going down that path at the very least.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Archived