LegacyGT.com

Just when i thought my luck couldnt get any worse!

Just a little background on me. I'm 21, I didn't finish school because I lost my wrestling scholarship because I got hurt and now I'm home working. I find out today that I have another loan that I must pay off now. My dream of owning an LGT is now gone, totally sucks. Been in love with this car since 05 when one flew past me on the parkway! Maybe in another few years I can try again.

damn ... i really hate to hear this but i must say ... i applaud you for at least having your priorities in order and willing to take the responsible route on this. i am sure you will get your LGT soon enough...just might not be as soon as you hope but everything happens for a reason.

OP, what weight class?

Good luck -- wrestling is a tough sport that takes a lot of time; I didn't continue when I went to college.

It might stink to wait a few years but likely you'll make enough money after a while to buy the car you really want (at a cheaper price than today). Then buy in cash. :)

I was 149 in college, wrestled at roger williams in RI, dislocated collar bone was the ending problem, now i have neck pain every day, snow ball effect lol, it just sucks because i love this forum and i dont really have much to relate to people with because im not a lgt owner

I was 125 in high school -- placed well in states but got tossed around pretty hard in New Englands. Lucky not to have been injured I suppose. At the time Boston College had shaky support for its team (which was dropped in 2002) and I just had other interests that conflicted with the practice schedule.

Though I sometimes miss being part of a sport that requires such discipline, wrestling probably wouldn't pay for my car. I do feel like wrestling helped enforce a good work ethic and a foundation for me to do other things well.

Hope it works out for you, and while you're recovering maybe you can enhance a skill you have that's in high demand (ideally one you also enjoy, of course!). I do computer security consulting; lots of hours and sometimes a real challenge, but it certainly pays the bills.

Way to keep your priorities straight.

I'm not trying to be offensive, but just because you lost your scholarship doesn't mean you can't continue school. Look into loans, grants, other scholarships, whatever it may take to get that piece of paper. I worked 30+ hrs throughout college and racked up a bit in loans, but in the end it sure helps to be able to put a degree on my resume (even though I may not be in my field of study)

I do applaud you for getting a job and prioritizing your debts though. Another advantage of starting back to school is that you can defer you school loans until you graduate... not that you should take that oppurtunity to get an LGT, but it should help will regular bills and maybe cut back your workload so you can focus on studying.

Sorry to hear about your injury. Remember cars are just cars and you have the rest of your life to get whatever car you want. Anyway, think of it this way, the last year for the LGT was 2009 so even if you had to wait until 2014 you would essentially still be getting a LGT that wouldn't be any older then an 05 is today.

My dream car is a Porsche 911 Turbo and has been since I drove a guards red 930 Turbo back in 89 that was equipped with a 4MT.

Nine more years and I will have a 911 Turbo in my garage.

Been waiting a long time....

Good thing you wore the rubber LALGT..

Hilarious! :D

Thanks for the backgrounder, 07!

I contracted polio (from the vaccine) at a very young age (weak left shoulder) and they said I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 40, when me legs gave out...so what did I do after college? Joined the San Diego rowing team! I am still walking at 56.

That old saying "One man's ceiling is another's floor" seems appropriate and something not to minimize...e.g. No matter how fast that LGT was going when he passed you, (igniting your interest) if you look back, there's a Ferrari California (in his rear view mirrow too)...gaining significant ground at over 200mph...and soon to blow past that driver.

http://64.251.10.3/nimg/2008/10/article_14465-img_0.jpg

No worries, if one's perspective is adjusted to the conditions one faces. (sorta like one's front facting headlights?)

Cheers!

I contracted polio (from the vaccine) at a very young age (weak left shoulder) and they said I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 40, when me legs gave out...so what did I do after college? Joined the San Diego rowing team! I am still walking at 56.

Wow. Good for you.

Although you always hear "you can do anything you put your mind to" .... very few people actually DO it.

Agreed, I've been looking for the right wagon for six months having owned 2 GT wagons (non-turbo and an LS) over the years.

Although you always hear "you can do anything you put your mind to" .... very few people actually DO it.
That was my trouble... I became an over-acheiver (in my own mind?) a full NIKE believer! Doctors now recommend NOT over exercising the body, as the nerve cells that activate the muscles break down as a result and have already been killed off (in great number) in the original bout of the disease. This is normal but the cells themselves are not replaceable, as one is born with just a certain number which usually is plenty to last a century ...Post-polio syndrome is the result, where the original affected areas are now without that strong vital feedback link between the impulse to move and the disconnect...which grows greater over time as we (like our LGT"s) wear out from age related issues.

As to the new wagon...currently i am leaning toward this '07 (and not for just the H4 turbo) but the asking price is a bit scary at $20k and it's out of the gold plus extended warranty range too at 45k miles. Subaru has been known to offer this on a case by case basis. Also it's in PA and I am in CA so if anyone is close to Shippensburg, PA 17257 and can inspect it for me that would be very helpful.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/JRanmann/REARQUARTER.jpg

As in all things the balance is the key, and I am fortunate to have finally learned that along the way...toning down the mind, while not becoming a couch potato seems to be the key element? My own (euphemistic) goal at present is to live long enough to exceed 10,000 postings...something 'fonts' here has done already (in 3 years) and which commands a certain amount of respect, in my humble opinion.

Bravo!

My own (euphemistic) goal at present is to live long enough to exceed 10,000 postings...something 'fonts' here has done already (in 3 years) and which commands a certain amount of respect, in my humble opinion.

Bravo!

It takes a lot of useless post whoring. :lol::redface:

:hide:

It takes a lot of useless post whoring...

Well at least you have a good excuse, being an oft snowed in Canadian?

I almost moved to Nova Scotia a few years ago, when Sprint offered me

a position...and it would have worked as it's a fine place, but in the

end being continually accused on the phone of having a 'CA' accent

was just too much for me to bear! I like to blend in seamlessly like

a good paintjob (that Subaru continues to seek?) :D

As it ice hockey "I could have been a contender!"

lol!

Way to keep your priorities straight.

I'm not trying to be offensive, but just because you lost your scholarship doesn't mean you can't continue school. Look into loans, grants, other scholarships, whatever it may take to get that piece of paper. I worked 30+ hrs throughout college and racked up a bit in loans, but in the end it sure helps to be able to put a degree on my resume (even though I may not be in my field of study)

I do applaud you for getting a job and prioritizing your debts though. Another advantage of starting back to school is that you can defer you school loans until you graduate... not that you should take that oppurtunity to get an LGT, but it should help will regular bills and maybe cut back your workload so you can focus on studying.

That's my advice too, and I don't mean it offensively either.

OP: I'm a 21 year old college student myself. I'm in my fourth year and I'm about to graduate in May. Just because you lost your scholarship does not mean you should drop out. Get that silly piece of paper before you hit the "real world." I'm going to venture to say that despite the job you have now, you could be making more if you had a silly piece of paper that had a degree on it.

Look into loans, scholarships and help from family. I personally do not have any loans, but many of my friends up at school do. There are lots of federal and other types of grants and loans to help get you through. I don't know how your grades are, but if you're a solid student, with excellent grades, they like to give you money to keep you at the university. It helps them look good by factoring high grades into their reports and scores. If you take out loans to finish school, they can be put off until 6 months after you graduate (I believe, I have friends doing this.) By that time you can hopefully have a job in the field you really want to be in, making more money than someone without a degree.

If you don't mind me asking, what were you pursuing a degree in and how far along were you?

Well at least you have a good excuse, being an oft snowed in Canadian?

I almost moved to Nova Scotia a few years ago, when Sprint offered me

a position...and it would have worked as it's a fine place, but in the

end being continually accused on the phone of having a 'CA' accent

was just too much for me to bear! I like to blend in seamlessly like

a good paintjob (that Subaru continues to seek?) :D

As it ice hockey "I could have been a contender!"

lol!

Nova Scotia is a beautiful part of the country .... but they constantly get hammered with horrible weather.

Good luck. ;)

Archived