LegacyGT.com

Extremely sad day for my Spec. B

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about the problem... but if you are looking for a DD in the meantime I came across this on craigslist while considering getting an 87 octane gas sipper for my 80 mi commute.... at least you may be able to stay with a Subaru (I noticed you are in Toledo, may not be too far if you get a deal)

http://athensohio.craigslist.org/cto/2161218317.html

good luck.

This is going to be the same debate as the turbo failure one. No one posts up to say, "my engine is running great at XX,XXX miles."

I rolled over 155,000 miles . My OCI avg.12k with Amsoil 0w-30 SSO & Ea oil filters. Running Cobb st1 93 map, max boost is still 16.2psi. Original motor & turbo are running "GREAT" like new.

OP, sorry to hear about your car. Hope you up & running quickly.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Sorry to hear that. Do you know who the previous owner was or age? I'm lucky mine was owned by a old man who left it stock and I'm gonna leave it stock. Fix her up and try to leave it all stock so there will be at least one good running and all stock spec B out there for sale in like 5 years from now! I'm keeping mines all stock so I can sell her in the future in good running condition and original parts will out lying to the next owner that it stock but you modded and you put the stock parts back in! That might be what the previous owner did to yours. Fix her back and mod it if you aren't gonna sell it or just leave it stock so you can sell it. I know which one I'll buy if there were two identical spec B's for the same price etc! Hope you get it fixed soon. You sure its not under powertrain warranty its only a 2007!!

I rolled over 155,000 miles . My OCI avg.12k with Amsoil 0w-30 SSO & Ea oil filters. Running Cobb st1 93 map, max boost is still 16.2psi. Original motor & turbo are running "GREAT" like new.

OP, sorry to hear about your car. Hope you up & running quickly.

Mike

What is SSO and Ea oil filter?

I know Amsoil the product but what is SSO and what is an Ea oil filter?

AMSOIL (S)ignature (S)eries (O)il 0W-30 Synthetic. The old name was S2000 (S)erver (S)ervice (O)il

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/sso.aspx

Ea oil filter is a 15 micron full flow filter. Ea Filters designated with product code EaO are recommended for 25,000 miles/one year, whichever comes first, in normal service or 15,000 miles/one year, whichever comes first, in severe service.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/eao.aspx

Mike

Sorry to hear about your disaster. My spec.B had a oil supply tube failure at 40,000 miles. New short block. Hope everything comes back to working order sooner than later.
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Just to verify, I need an ej255 correct? I can't find any hard evidence that tells me ej255 or ej257.

Why does Fred Beans have a $50 difference between 05-06 and 07-09?

As long as you have all the pipework for the old engine it wouldn't be a big deal which one you get unless there are some emissions regulations to worry about.

453747.png

^^^ Give that man a prize:lol:, Off the top of my head, the only difference between 05-06 and 07-09 is the # of "CAT". 05-06 have 3, UP, DOWN & MIDDLE pipe. 07-09 have 2, DOWN & MIDDLE pipe & POLLUTION pump.

Mike

OP bought the car used apparently. He put 8k miles on it.

Put 2 & 2 together. The car was abused and not maintained before he bought it.

Always afraid of that.. even more so with a Spec B.. no one buys a Spec B unless they plan on beating the crap out of it..

Old people might drive Legacy's, but when was the last time you saw one drive a Spec B?

Always afraid of that.. even more so with a Spec B.. no one buys a Spec B unless they plan on beating the crap out of it..

Old people might drive Legacy's, but when was the last time you saw one drive a Spec B?

There's a difference between driving a car hard and not properly maintaining a car.

lol

Not true, last summer I saw a old lady (late 60's early 70's) driving a 08 STi. I wondering why the car was moving slow. If the old folks are driving STi's, then they are buying LGT's & Sec.B too. Just hard to find that all.

Mike

Archived