LegacyGT.com

Extremely sad day for my Spec. B

Always afraid of that.. even more so with a Spec B.. no one buys a Spec B unless they plan on beating the crap out of it..

Old people might drive Legacy's, but when was the last time you saw one drive a Spec B?

Number one: I do NOT beat the crap out of my precious spec.B

Number two: I am 55. ( and feel 22 )

Number three: Learn this right now.......once a dick , always a dick. There are people that beat their cars , and there are people that baby their cars. They start out that way right from the beginning. Age just exacerbates their particular proclivity. I wish someone had told me when I was young ( as I am telling you now ) .......age does not change the way you feel about anything or everything. The only time I realize that I'm NOT 22 is when I look in the mirror !

When you get older you will think and act the same as you do right now.......

Edit: And for the record , my turbo is constantly spooling! I hate driving slow !

Peace :)

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ej255 is what I need, ej257 were in STI's with newer model's having a nitride coated crank.

If you were to order new short block for LGT/Spec B (255), it should have the nitrided crank as well. Everything is the same except the pistons. I am pretty sure all new short blocks cranks are nitrided. I work at a dealership, and it's been a while since i've seen a replacement short block without a black crank.

If you were to order new short block for LGT/Spec B (255), it should have the nitrided crank as well. Everything is the same except the pistons. I am pretty sure all new short blocks cranks are nitrided. I work at a dealership, and it's been a while since i've seen a replacement short block without a black crank.

From what I have read it should. I would make sure that crank is nitrided or at least validate the build date

There's a difference between driving a car hard and not properly maintaining a car.

True.. but the point is, as a 2nd owner, unless you buy the car from someone you know and trust, you really don't know how the car was driven.. or maintained.. until something breaks.

Number one: I do NOT beat the crap out of my precious spec.B

Number two: I am 55. ( and feel 22 )

Number three: Learn this right now.......once a dick , always a dick. There are people that beat their cars , and there are people that baby their cars. They start out that way right from the beginning. Age just exacerbates their particular proclivity. I wish someone had told me when I was young ( as I am telling you now ) .......age does not change the way you feel about anything or everything. The only time I realize that I'm NOT 22 is when I look in the mirror !

When you get older you will think and act the same as you do right now.......

Edit: And for the record , my turbo is constantly spooling! I hate driving slow !

LOL I wasn't saying you, I was referring to the owner before you and the stereotype of non LGT drivers or owners that the Legacy is a grandpa car.. Sorry if what I said was taken the wrong way :)

LOL I wasn't saying you, I was referring to the owner behind you and the stereotype of non LGT drivers or owners that the Legacy is a grandpa car.. Sorry if what I said was taken the wrong way :)

Nah.........although my reponse did come of as though I had , I did not take it personally. I just want the younger generation to get a feel of what to expect when they get older. And you're right about the non LGT driver stereotype ------slow and overly cautious---to the point of being a danger to their fellow drivers. Thank God it's only a stereotype. I hope the OP's previous owner was careful with maintenance and not abusive . I keep hoping that the root cause of his engine failure was a warranteed part due to some manufacturing defect . ( like the wheel bearings that Subaru warranties up to 100,000 miles )

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Even if he ran a carfax, I wonder how accurate it would be? I know Carfax doesn't know most of the stuff (like how it's driven, racing, etc).. but I ran a carfax on my LGT and it came back almost clean.. no accidents or repairs reported.. but as I did a bit of work on my LGT today, I think either someone backed into the front left or teh previous owner drove into something on the front left.. new headlight cover was replaced with wrong screws, several of the clips where missing.. or used wrong clips..

but point being, it's part of the risk of buying used cars :(

Archived