LegacyGT.com

Brightest yellow fog light bulbs?

Zac88

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 really noticeable hotspots which were basicly scattered, alot of glare above the hotspots, theres like a blackhole in between the hotspots and lastly this might be a aiming problem but its like its just a flood infront of the car.

The upper glare was enough to light up overhead signs.

Its just a disaster.

I'm sure we can expect your experience to be dismissed as a convenient lie to bolster the debate ;)

whatever people can think what they want, all I know is I wont be putting HID's in, tomorow i'm going to pick up some Phillips Xtreme Power bulbs for my lowbeams

My Rallyes burned out and I am still on the stock halogens and you know what? I am doing just fine :lol: That said, I will get a set in the near future. Can't you maybe have them shipped to a buddy where mail gets safe and pick them up? Just throwing ideas your way because I think the Rallyes are an awesome improvement.

My Rallyes burned out and I am still on the stock halogens and you know what? I am doing just fine :lol: That said, I will get a set in the near future. Can't you maybe have them shipped to a buddy where mail gets safe and pick them up? Just throwing ideas your way because I think the Rallyes are an awesome improvement.

Hard to find places online that will ship with a different billing adress :(

Hard to find places online that will ship with a different billing adress :(

You can add a 'ship to' address to your credit card. You can't have two 'billing addresses' but you can often add a 'ship to'.

I have stuff shipped all the time to an address in the U.S. where I pick it up and self-clear customs.

I installed my PIAA Ion crystal bulbs this weekend, the walkthrough for replacing the foglights was very helpful. It also reassured my hate for popits... I took some photos for everyone to see with my phone so the quality is not great and neither is my ability to take

photos. First image shows the PIAA fogs with my 5000K HID's. Next, just a different angle. Last, just my HID's. Let me know if there is another angle you would like to see. Overall I could not be happier with these lights, they serve their purpose and look great. The pictures I took really do not do them justice.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs783.ash1/167352_618689504514_40301268_34997778_7648523_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs757.ash1/164881_618689165194_40301268_34997765_544018_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs066.snc6/167601_618689374774_40301268_34997774_1280668_n.jpg

Wow, had you posted pic 2 a while ago maybe the hid kit argument would have been put to bed much sooner. What do you think GTS Jeff? Did he enlarge his squirrel finders or something?

I rest my case

Wondering if the HIDs used are 55W perhaps? My 35W beam pattern doesn't splay upwards like that.

• 2 weeks later...
So i just got finished replacing my 9006 foglight bulbs with the Philips HIR2 9012 bulb. Shaving the top tab down was VERY easy and they fit in the housing nice. I did it just now so its hard to tell if and how much brighter they are than the 9006 bulbs but they seem much brighter from first glance. I will try later on to put something over my headlights and post some pics of the final outcome.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

DO NOT PUT SOMETHING OVER YOUR HEADLIGHTS, EVEN IF IT'S FREEZING COLD OUT.

You will MELT your headlight housing!!

I was trying to aim my foglights last year and covered up my headlights with a microfiber cloth. In less than 5 minutes, one of them deformed.

Archived