LegacyGT.com

ok seriously, W. T. F.

http://accessecu.com/dyno/graph.php?gb=0&hp=1&torque=1&rpm=1&sl=1&sln=1&runid1=1427&rgb1=000000255&runid2=1429&rgb2=204000000

http://accessecu.com/dyno/graph.php?gb=0&hp=1&torque=1&rpm=1&sl=1&sln=1&runid1=1429&rgb1=000000255&runid2=327&rgb2=204000000

Stock DeLoreans push out 170bhp from their SOHC PRV. Never mind it's sheet saying 313hp, How did he manage to pull 240hp outta' that thing? Unless he swapped it with some other more powerful Euro PRV...

The power of Mr. Fusion does wonders.

well, stock was 240, so i dunno.

Uh... Not so much.

John DeLorean had originally envisioned that the car would produce somewhere around 200 horsepower (150 kW), but eventually settled on a 170 horsepower (130 kW) output for the engine. However, United States emissions regulations required that parts such as catalytic converters be added to the vehicle before it could be sold there. This caused a 40 horsepower (30 kW) reduction to the vehicle's power output, a loss which seriously impeded the DMC-12's performance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLorean_DMC-12#Performance

170-40(US cats)=130BHP. The DMC-12 was a pig, and that dyno chart has to be a chop or a complete swap.

Not only boost but a completely different engine - or a heavily modified engine.

The stock engine in a DeLorean is the PRV (Peugeot, Renault, Volvo) 2.7 liter NA V6, and overcharging on that engine causes a great potential for disintegration. And the engine is also known for consuming camshafts.

So I would say that the engine in question is definitely not stock, and possibly a completely different engine with more tuning potential.

453747.png

Uh... Not so much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLorean_DMC-12#Performance

170-40(US cats)=130BHP. The DMC-12 was a pig, and that dyno chart has to be a chop or a complete swap.

That's more like it. 130 hp is consistent w/ my recollection and is what the PRV V-6 put out in the Volvo 760GLE. The DMC-12 was a 10 second 0-60 car. :lol:

I mean, yeah, but Im trying to figure out how the heck they got 100lb ft and 100hp tuning a na car. ahahha

The new 335's are twin turbo and supposedly have a lot of potential, I remember seeing a Dinan one putting down some pretty good numbers. Here are some stock specs from edmunds.

Vehicle Model year2009 MakeBMW Model3 Series Style335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M) Base MSRP$41,125 Options on test vehicleCold Weather, Premium and Sport packages, Comfort Access, Park Distance Control, iPod/USB adapter, Satellite Radio As-tested MSRP$49,320

The new 335's are twin turbo and supposedly have a lot of potential, I remember seeing a Dinan one putting down some pretty good numbers. Here are some stock specs from edmunds.

Vehicle Model year2009 MakeBMW Model3 Series Style335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M) Base MSRP$41,125 Options on test vehicleCold Weather, Premium and Sport packages, Comfort Access, Park Distance Control, iPod/USB adapter, Satellite Radio As-tested MSRP$49,320

He was wondering how they got 100hp out of the N/A v6 of the delorean not the 3 series.

The new 335's are twin turbo and supposedly have a lot of potential,

Actually, the newest 335's (2011MY) have a single twin-scroll turbo now. [N55 engine vs. N54 twin turbo]

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Actually, the newest 335's (2011MY) have a single twin-scroll turbo now. [N55 engine vs. N54 twin turbo]

In head to head testing the new twin-scroll unit pulls away from the old twin setup at highway speeds too. Just another FYI. Seems it breathes better.

They also reintroduced Valvetronic for it's debut on a forced induction I6. Look Ma' no throttle plate! :lol:

My buddy has an 09 335i with the juicebox. On the more aggressive map he made 350whp and 360wtq with no other mods. Large engine, 2 turbos and direct injection make for lots of potential. Going any further gets out of hand expensive though. I think downpipes alone for it were approaching 2k.

...and BMW with all their expensive options lack a check box for a rear LSD for any of the non M cars (at least the 1 and 3 series...can not recall the 5,6, or 7). That is epic fail on any 350whp tuned car. Still love it though :)

Archived