LegacyGT.com

ok seriously, W. T. F.

Because a ~310whp/380wtq 335i with a LSD makes a helluva lot more $/hp sense than a 350whp/260wtq M3 to a lot of people...

http://www.m3post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118723&stc=1&d=1198256159

I thought the 335is or whatever the new m Sport pkg is includes the M rear diff?

Just curious - source? I figured they'd never do it for market overlap reasons.

I thought the 335is or whatever the new m Sport pkg is includes the M rear diff?

Maybe it has one of those "electronic LSDs" that brake the inside wheel, but I am pretty positive that even the 335is edition lacks a mechanical differential.

In head to head testing the new twin-scroll unit pulls away from the old twin setup at highway speeds too. Just another FYI. Seems it breathes better.

They also reintroduced Valvetronic for it's debut on a forced induction I6. Look Ma' no throttle plate! :lol:

Strange that they would decide to still use the twin-turboed N54 powerplant in the more sport oriented 335is, don't you think?

Strange that they would decide to still use the twin-turboed N54 powerplant in the more sport oriented 335is, don't you think?

I believe the reason is that the twin turbo unit lends itself to making big torque numbers in the mid range. The fact the twin scroll is stronger at the same rated power than the old twin setup as tuned for the 335i sedan and coupe is a bit perplexing, but according to Car and Driver the twin scroll unit walks away at higher speeds. Probably the larger compressor wheel is more efficient at moving the air, and keep intake temps down.

Why are we talking about a DeLorean when the dyno plots are for a BMW 335i, and an STi?

I also got to the thread late as hell trying to see where the hell a BMW and DeLorean crossed paths on this dyno sheet.

Archived