LegacyGT.com

Gas mileage.. I feel too low.

we also have fancy controls on our steering wheel that lets us choose screens other than MPG, so I just watch a little graph show how hard I hit the gas instead of my mpg drop to 2.5 as I floor it or watch the temp and log how long I've been driving.... :lol:

And don't be bashful Instanced... it's the unicorn blood used in the manufacturing of the SpecB that helps with the MPG, not the 6 Spd or Control Arms......

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LGT uses lower profile tires and has a different suspension.

Ok. IIRC it simply has stiffer springs? I didn't know about the lower profile tires. That would definitely effect the tire pressure.

That is Awesome! I like it!

Thanks. :) I can't wait for spring/summer to hit so my fuel economy will go back up.

Just thought I should update this..

Raised tire pressures to 37 front/35 rear and added my Perrin SRI back on. My mpg went up to 14.1 so far with i'd have to say 95% city driving and only going about 60 miles on the new trip set. 14 is the highest number i've seen in months!

I just reset my trip this morning for the drive to work. I imported all my fuel data to Fuelly.com so I wanted to see how it jived with my guage.

25.4 mpg for my 40 mi trip today :D

Cruised 90% of it at 65mph. Started at 55mph for a short distance was at approx 22mpg, noticed better mileage as soon as the speed limit raised and I could cruise faster. Same road conditions.

I say you take a nice long drive on the freeway and see what type of numbers you pull on cruise, give it at least 20 miles to normalize.

I get about 17-19 MPG if I'm all city stop and go with the M/T. I can pull off 27 MPG if I reset and stick to a flat highway at 65MPH. My average right now is 23.1 MPG on the dash. When I changed my plugs (which was a pain) and put in a high-flow filter, I saw an increase of about 2 MPG (hence the 19 above) and very smooth idle. Not sure if the filter had anything to do with it. Also, I've noticed, for some odd reason, that Shell 93-octane gasoline allows me to go 20 extra miles on a tank. (I do a lot of long-distance highway driving between MPLS and CHI.) The engine really sucks up gas in stop and go.

Archived