LegacyGT.com

Broken Spring

sportwagon

Wow... I was changing to Winter rims/tires this weekend and I found this!

I'm not sure how long it has been broken, but I haven't really noticed any negative handling effects yet? I know I should probably get it replaced ASAP, but how am I to get one rear pink spring for a sedan? I'd be happy to upgrade to wagon rear pinks, but that is not a likely find either? I'm probably going to have to source an entire new set of springs!

So, my question is do you guys think that because the break is low enough on the coil that I might be able to continue driving on it for a while? The picture is of the car jacked up with no pressure on the spring, so when it has the weight of the car on it... It might have more contact with the rubber spring seat... wait, why is the seat up there... I'm confused, now?

Any help or suggestions would be welcomed?

Thanks!

2010-11-26_16-00-12_866.thumb.jpg.66a8484a24cfa4c7e159ba6af52ddeb8.jpg

Anyone know if I can replace just the one spring (driver's side), or would it be best to replace both rear springs? I think that I can order just one spring from NENGUN in Japan for like 107.50 plus shipping, but would the newer spring be more... bouncy, for lack of a better term? The spring on the passenger side has been used ~ 80,000+ miles and has probably settled a bit? right?

Dude...it makes me wonder. I am replacing my struts prompted by the fact that the left rear of the car is visibly lowered. Ride height is solely spring-driven. I wonder if mine did not ...soften or break. I can't tell just by looking but they should be off the car soon.

Anyone know if I can replace just the one spring (driver's side), or would it be best to replace both rear springs? I think that I can order just one spring from NENGUN in Japan for like 107.50 plus shipping, but would the newer spring be more... bouncy, for lack of a better term? The spring on the passenger side has been used ~ 80,000+ miles and has probably settled a bit? right?

http://www.rockauto.com will do a pair of rear springs for $100 plus shipping.

Archived