LegacyGT.com

pros guide me plz

Til you hit the curb :) ^

And I, the guardrail :)

I wish my story would of been cooler and filling with more explosives and police chases thou :lol: I just hit black ice and met my front end's demise, but its all going to be fixed and better than ever!

broknindarkagain

What kind of brakes were you going to put on your car? If your going with stock wrx brakes you wouldnt have to worry about clearence issues with your snowflakes they fit just fine!

• I Donated

broknindarkagain

What kind of brakes were you going to put on your car? If your going with stock wrx brakes you wouldnt have to worry about clearence issues with your snowflakes they fit just fine!

I have the WRX wheels on mine, not snowflakes.

I'll be doing a brake swap eventually, not sure what I'll do though. I may go with STI wheels and STI brakes.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 3 weeks later...
Alright sorry that im butting in on this thread. But I have the GT 2.5. Could I put the stock turbo from an ej22 into my car? How much boost does that offer? Im not trying to make my car super fast for super cheap or anything like that. Just trying to think of a simple way to do turbo on my car. I know the 2.5 cant run much boost. So I figured the stock one would offer just enough boost to make the car a bit quicker. What do ya think?

for that engine, the optimal diameter is 2.25", and with an intake and headers, its reletively safe to say that gains will be around 7-12hp, certainly a mpg gain of 1-3, throttle response will improve slightly but thats more of a LW pulley's job...

but numbers aside, the butt dyno will show massive gains, lol

Yes - the EJ22T turbo runs about 13 psi boost in stock form, which would be way more than I'd dare run on a stock EJ25 Phase 1 engine. Open deck engine, poor HG design, cooling issues and that's even before you take into account that you have to replace the whole cross-member just to accomodate an Up-pipe to the turbo, running oil and water lines, and tapping the oil pan to drain the oil from the turbo. It's so not worth it on an engine that's not capable of handling more than 4-5 psi of boost in stock form, if that.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Yes - the EJ22T turbo runs about 13 psi boost in stock form, which would be way more than I'd dare run on a stock EJ25 Phase 1 engine. Open deck engine, poor HG design, cooling issues and that's even before you take into account that you have to replace the whole cross-member just to accomodate an Up-pipe to the turbo, running oil and water lines, and tapping the oil pan to drain the oil from the turbo. It's so not worth it on an engine that's not capable of handling more than 4-5 psi of boost in stock form, if that.

5-6 PSI on an EJ22E. Will take out WRX's with half the boost. I think it's fair to say it's not a half bad idea on an EJ22E. But an EJ25 is another story.

Older EJ25s shouldn't be boosted unless they are rebuilt to handle it. Their blown gaskets & thrown main bearings speak for themselves. As for older EJ22Es, thicker cylinder walls & less compression give them a better chance for survival under forced induction.

Archived