LegacyGT.com

pros guide me plz

recently got a new ej25 block fresh 100k rebuild . just did the hybrid intake and had the stage 1 exedy organic clutch put in and 04 wrx 5 speed swapped for my lame stock 5 speed that locked up . the light weight pullys and spt exhaust and header r waiting for spring. just wonderin what some pros think would be next step sry for the long wall

• I Donated

A lightweight flywheel would do you good as well if you still have the trans / engine out.

You can also look into getting a limited slip rear diff

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Making all 3 pulleys lightweight will be useless.. the only one you'll benifit from is a lw crank

If you're going for power, staying n/a.. internals will be your friend.. cams, pistons, etc..

But for these ars, the met worthwile mode will be anything suspension.. check out the 3 stickys at the top of the second gen page for all the info you need

• I Donated

I should have read that better lol. I know the Exedy stage 1 has the lighweight flywheel.

I would also suggest a stand alone ecu like megasquirt or something simular. You can get a custom tune to bring out whatever hosepower all your mods give you

Well ground cams will do you good as well.

I highly suggest looking into a turbo upgrade though.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Id reccomend not to turbo the ej25, unless you do a hybrid build, the best you're going to get to run is around 5-10 psi max.. which will be fun no doubt, but alot of work and custom tabbing, as far as stand alones, I would say go with the rallitek pp6 as its the most popular option in the 90's subarus

• I Donated
Id reccomend not to turbo the ej25, unless you do a hybrid build, the best you're going to get to run is around 5-10 psi max.. which will be fun no doubt, but alot of work and custom tabbing, as far as stand alones, I would say go with the rallitek pp6 as its the most popular option in the 90's subarus

I don't even consider doing a turbo on an ej25. By turbo upgrade I mean swap. I should have been more clear on that.

I've heard no more then 4psi however....

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

With our kind of cars, suspension & brakes should be número uno on the list. Unless you do anything SERIOUS to the EJs (hot cams, head swaps, turbo addition, aftermarket pistons etc), you're not gonna see SERIOUS power gains but if that's a rebuilt EJ25, then it's a good start. EJ25s are actually very good engines provided that the head gaskets have been switched out to upgraded ones.

yeah no boost for me i kill 2 cars with it wife sez. i read the stickys on top it where i got my idea for a few mods. just wanted to see what u guys thought would be next

i did have 04 wrx springs and coilovers but i cracked 2 of the springs

• I Donated
yeah no boost for me i kill 2 cars with it wife sez. i read the stickys on top it where i got my idea for a few mods. just wanted to see what u guys thought would be next

i did have 04 wrx springs and coilovers but i cracked 2 of the springs

then buy new springs lol.

I have WRX suspension that I'll be putting on my car soon. It will help stiffen up the ride some and prevent some of the body roll.

Some strut bars would be nice as well.

Another thing you may want to look into is brakes. Part store brake pads usually suck. You can check out summit racing and order some EBC pads or some Hawk pads. Both are great.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

In my experience with my 2 BDs and 1 BK I'd upgrade in this order:

• Tires (225/40x17 on 17x7.5-8" rims... NMT +45 offset)
  • Front/Rear Sway Bars - 23mm Front/20-24mm Adjustable Rear, poly bushings for the sways and steering rack, upgraded sway bar end links, upgraded sway bar mounts.
  • Springs/Struts (KYB or KYB AGXes and Eibach Pro Sports)
    Brakes (upgrade the pads, stainless steel lines, upgraded fluid)

And I never had much success with power upgrades on NA EJ2.2s or 2.5s because the ROI was very limited. That said, you can get some power out of intake and exhaust upgrades (more on the exhaust side), but you do have to be careful about intakes as they can (and do) lean out your AF mixes to the point where you get detonation - and detonation is bad.

GL and keep us posted.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

thx for all the quick responses i just got done orderin some new wrx motor mounts and tranny mounts and have my brembo swap for my brakes in plannin stages with pads and calipers in garage atm never had any luck find sway bars or lowerin northern mich winters are hard on lowered rides

thx for all the quick responses i just got done orderin some new wrx motor mounts and tranny mounts and have my brembo swap for my brakes in plannin stages with pads and calipers in garage atm never had any luck find sway bars or lowerin northern mich winters are hard on lowered rides

If you were looking for an upgrade in tranny mounts the wrx ones are just the same as our stock ones, try polyuathane and solid mounts will be better and pretty much cheaper than stealership prices.

I havent done anything motor with my car but suspension like everyone else said is the best upgrade for any n/a car.

-front stock sway bar(big enough)

-front polyurathane sway mounts,

-front adjustable endlinks

-rear 24mm adjustable sway bar

-rear solid endlinks

-rear polyurathane sway mounts

-diff lockdown bolts

-sti lateral links hardend bushings

This is the stuff that I put on my car and i felt a pretty big difference in the way the car felt and handled on the road.

• I Donated
got my buddies wrx wheels for cheap throwin em on soon other wise i can clear the new brakes me thinks it is time to have old snowflakes poweredcoated bbs gold all in favor

already got the wrx wheels on mine. they look a lot better then the snowflake lgt wheels

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/legacy2.jpg

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

nice style pionts man i am havin the wrx rims i got poader coated this weekend to match my paint black on black always is sexy especially on the gts

Watch out with powder coating aluminum. I had two powder coating shops tell me it was not a good idea.

already got the wrx wheels on mine. they look a lot better then the snowflake lgt wheels

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/legacy2.jpg

I've had mine both ways (WRX and Legacy wheels), and I like the 2000ish gold-tinged BBS-mesh wheels the best, although JDM gold on white, blue, black and even green look great. Just not a fan on silver.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

i was thinkin gold snowlakes and black wrx rims

Update got a call today from a buddy at the junkyard and he stashed 3 04 bbs for me i have to pay for em in morning . 600 for 3 with no tires the 4th is a complete loss. they are the silvers.

Lol wife is going to be sellin her snowflakes now she likes the wrx ones more on her outback any takers

Archived