LegacyGT.com

2011 Calendar Time!

Tide

thanks for the info Tide, i think its the way Zazle scale their photos' you can edit each photo and shrink it a bit and then full picture is visible, it just leaves a small white bar on top on bottom, i can live with that!

Thanks for putting the time and effort into putting the calendar together.

What might be more interesting is something i have seen running on other sites, is to have a monthly themed photo competition, at the end of each month their is a vote and most popular picture gets into calendar for that month. Also local Subaru club we usually have an end of year roundup magazine/booklet, with highlights from events from the throughout the year. Lots of great photo's always popping up on the site plenty of talent here!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah there is a local forum here as well that does something similar called ride of the month. The winner gets their pic at the top of the site for bragging rights for a month, and then at the end of the year all of the monthly winners compete for ride of the year. I don't think they do a calendar, but it's a pretty cool idea.

What might be more interesting is something i have seen running on other sites, is to have a monthly themed photo competition, at the end of each month their is a vote and most popular picture gets into calendar for that month. Also local Subaru club we usually have an end of year roundup magazine/booklet, with highlights from events from the throughout the year. Lots of great photo's always popping up on the site plenty of talent here!

The winner gets their pic at the top of the site for bragging rights for a month, and then at the end of the year all of the monthly winners compete for ride of the year.

I REALLY like that idea. I think you'd get a TON of people submitting pictures if it meant that their ride could replace the silver legacy picture in the top left corner of every page on LGT.com. Heck, I'd probably spend at least 1 day a month detailing and snapping pictures to try to get my car up there! :lol: That would be a very prestigous reward and the calendar would assemble itself throughout the year. If you wanted you could limit certain months to certain styles (wagans, non-turbos, etc) or certain generations, etc. to get variety in the calendar.

lol

I REALLY like that idea. I think you'd get a TON of people submitting pictures if it meant that their ride could replace the silver legacy picture in the top left corner of every page on LGT.com. Heck, I'd probably spend at least 1 day a month detailing and snapping pictures to try to get my car up there! :lol: That would be a very prestigous reward and the calendar would assemble itself throughout the year. If you wanted you could limit certain months to certain styles (wagans, non-turbos, etc) or certain generations, etc. to get variety in the calendar.

yeah the site here is for all subies so they'll do wagons one month, sti's the next, etc... It's definitely cool, then again sometimes you run into people creating multiple accounts to vote for themselves to win, then it kinda sucks the fun out of the competition.

I'd be for a member car of the month, something we'd highlight their garage on the homepage. Not clear how to manage and keep it rolling though. Why not start a suggestions thread and see if we can work it out.

Ordered mine! Thx to all who voted for my wagon and thx to Tide for setting this up!
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hopefully I can come home from Afghanistan - Get all my new mods that are waiting at home put on - Get some good pictures - And have a shot at the 2012 calendar! Looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
sorry dont mean to insult your photo skills? but is your car photoshopped onto the background? It lookd weird... in a cool way! or did you use one of those "lens baby" lenses

It's what they call tilt shift which has been done on film for years and years and now is also done in digital format including using PS. However, personally as a professional photographer, I look for vision and composition vs media, format, or tricks used. Some of the best works I've seen are in PS and usually by people with talent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Archived