LegacyGT.com

2011 Calendar Time!

Tide

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e157/darehole/SUBI/photo.jpg

Where's the first gens? I will take a better one tomorrow. I work at a ski resort its in the backround, took the pic on my way to work. I know it's too late but thought it was a good photo op.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f301/WickedThird/Lucy1.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f301/WickedThird/EliteMemberPhoto.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f301/WickedThird/Lucy_OCT2010.jpg

Yeah...they suck...I'm submitting these just because by the time my new toys arrive...it'll be 2011.

holy tire shine batman :):cool:

^^ nope... I reread the posts, seems like my pics weren't selected!

Ahh well... Ill get some better ones for 2012 calendar!

JP

Kinda disappointed also, I wasnt able to see who had voted for me today at work, I got 6 votes, and didnt get a PM...

Ahh well.. next year! I sent a couple emails to the guy who took the pics, and no news, so I assume I was fine!

JP

This policy isn't something we will bend on. If you didn't personally take the photos, you won't be eligible. We had a past incident that had legal action threatened and the calendar removed for sale.

Kinda disappointed also, I wasnt able to see who had voted for me today at work, I got 6 votes, and didnt get a PM...

Ahh well.. next year! I sent a couple emails to the guy who took the pics, and no news, so I assume I was fine!

JP

Can you post an image of what you are referring to then.

but mine is! do you have to resize it yourself on zazzle site? as it seems to be just "fitting to page" and loosing half of the car on right side! :confused:

Dan - I think you are referring to the images that were full-bleed. If photos were to the correct dimensions, they were bleed to the edges, so yes some of the image is not present. That is how printing full-bleed works - I don't know how correct Zazzle's images are vs. the final product. I suppose I could simply not bleed anything and have lots of white border or individually produce black borders for everything but there isn't time or need to do that.

I also want to remind everyone we only sell maybe 10-20 calendars, producing maybe $30 at best for the site. A single moderator hoodie is $45. I'd love to spend more time making the calendar spectacular - but it's never proven worth the effort. I think next year I'll let someone else try to run the program and see if there could be more success. :) We have some really great photographers.

The point is that member's opinions are important and have weight in the final process. A staff only or member only choosing would produce slightly less interesting results. Why not combine opinions on both sides to make something better?

As I previously also mentioned, direct voting just doesn't work. There is a huge bias to the photos on the first 3-4 pages with significant dropoff after. How do you normalize the voting data? How do we get equal distribution to the first photo posted and the last photo posted? I suppose I could have put everything in a spreadsheet and maybe used a true bayesian estimate for the voting weights, would be interesting to see that data, but I don't think we even had enough votes in the system to make that really effective.

In the end we looked at everyone's opinions as well as our own and that's what was chosen. I tried to be clear in the thread that voting was to 'help us' inform decisions. I truly apologize if you feel I shouldn't personally get a say in what calendar I make.

Haha, what's the point in having votes if you can just change the images to whatever you want.

My comment was not intended to criticize your decision on how the images were chosen. I understand the method used. I am referring to the "change" feature on Zazzle.

I just think it's funny to have a site sponsored calendar where the buyer can just edit the photos how they want and change images to their own vehicle.

Anyone could do that at Walmart... A whole calendar of their favorite photos!

I love the idea of having a calendar for the site and I was stoked to see that my car was selected to be in it. However, it's the bitter people who are upset about not having their car selected for the calendar that make it less special.

:lol: I appreciate your time/opinion Tide! I think the only possible way a vote would ever work is to have a deadline for posting pics, then editing the first post/several posts and putting all the pics there, and then having a vote for a set amount of time after that. In the end it sounds like it would be a big headache, especially considering that this calendar ended up with great pics IMO, and I'm not just saying that because one of my pics was chosen, I think they all look great.

Archived