LegacyGT.com

Apexcone raptors v2 or ddm slims

BruceBruce

Ive had the Raptor V2 55W 6000K kit for a few months now, installed with a relay harness. No issues at all, Im happy with it :)

There's a decent amount of good reviews out there on the V2, havent heard much about the slim version though.

think im going to try the apexcone raptors. my friends has the ddm slims and he says every now and then he has to flick his lights on and off to get both to ignite. not a big deal since it happened on my motorcycle with my slims, but just going to give the raptors a try here.

i've got 2 sets of raptors v1 and they've been problematic. First the ballast was defective on arrival I had to rma it.... now on my fog set, the lights keep flickering.

It seems the slim ballast HIDs are to be avoided... I've had the big ballast ones before and they were rock solid

I had the slims in my lows and fogs, both 55w for about a year and a half. The lows had a harness, the fogs didn't. No issues with flickering or not firing.

About a month ago, "upgraded" to the raptor v2 for the lows and did away with the harness. Zero issues.

purchased the raptors 2's late tuesday night. had them at my apartment thursday from ddmtuning.com. pretty freaking fast. The ballasts are a little bigger than i thought. where are you guys mounting these things. I only bought for my lows.

purchased the raptors 2's late tuesday night. had them at my apartment thursday from ddmtuning.com. pretty freaking fast. The ballasts are a little bigger than i thought. where are you guys mounting these things. I only bought for my lows.

Their shipping time has certainly improved since last time I ordered from them a little over a year ago. I had mine about just as quick.

I put drivers side in the gap in the fender next to the battery. Double-sided tape holding it in.

Passenger side is mounted right under the headlight...again with tape.

Archived