LegacyGT.com

Second Gen. Aftermarket Parts and Upgrade Guide (Superceded)

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I found a 04 wrx part out with no engine or trans. I need the subframe, cross member and drive shaft to complete the swap (minus the motor, trans, and wiring) correct? Is there anything else I should be looking for?

Edit: Oh and for diffs, which gear ratio should I look for? I have found 3.7's, 3.9's, and 4.11's so far.

Edited by Rush600

^Justin are you looking for an outback wing or like a zero sports rarity? Asking because there is a black 98 outback limited with one here at a u-pull, I could probably pick up for like $50. I won't have a chance to get back out there until Saturday though.

^Justin are you looking for an outback wing or like a zero sports rarity? Asking because there is a black 98 outback limited with one here at a u-pull, I could probably pick up for like $50. I won't have a chance to get back out there until Saturday though.

I was just looking for the OB one for now so I can paint my car, if you're out there and can snag it i'd take it in a heartbeat!

Does anyone know if 2011 WRX seats would swap into a 99 ' BD? Also, apparently there is problem with a bent rail on the passenger seat. Can I swap out the bottom portion of my BD seats to repair the bent rail?

Measure the center to center of bolt holes. Ive used up to an 06 WRX seats. I have even tried dissecting our BG/BD bottom portion to get a lower seating position. Without major mods will our lower rails work with newer seats. The lower railing mounting holes between WRX and ours are at least an inch off.. I had my stocker seat completely torn apart trying to figure it out. You would even have to change bolt sizes if I remember correctly.

Edited by 98 OB RNV

The stock ones were not. I have a set of 06 WRX TR seats (not the Limited) and Im debating if I should go back and find the Limited seats since they are leather and heated. My 97 OB is a Limited with heated seats and here in Reno they are quite nice. The 98 OB doesn't have the cold weather pkg but has 05 WRX non heated seats. It really will be a PITA to switch over the rails. If I could get this damn forum to accept my uploads ( I know advanced) i'd show you the difference.

Use the Manage Attachment (Edit, Go Advanced, then Paperclip icon, or the Management Attachment button) and then paste in the URL for your hosted photos. They'll load without issue and they'll become a permanent part of the thread, unlike "hosted" photos linked-in which go-away when you account suffers a crash, or the "downloads" have exceeded your account capacity. Otherwise, just 1/2 size your photos and they'll load without issue from your computer drive.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Still low mileage...and essentially virgin :lol: Working on a 6MT swap for the 05 LGTW so that's consuming resources and time. Will likely be selling the BD if I can find an 04 3.0 VDC Wagon or an 08+ Tribeca.

The BD is my wife's car. I would like to get her into an auto - she has back issues - as it would make driving to Northern VA to visit family and friends a lot easier. And the VDC is the top of the line H6 Subaru in the 2nd Gen (2000-2004) Outbacks. As it is, she doesn't drive the BD except around town and in lieu of the Tribeca, it will make a better tow vehicle than my 05 2.5T wagon.

Downside is the VDC is supposed to run (it's a high compression motor) on 91 Octane. The Tribeca I'd like for the cargo and towing capacity and the 87 octane capability. If I could get the 06/07 Tribeca looks with the 08+ engine and trans, I'd go that route. Like the Rev A/B version much better than the C/D/E/FG/H versions from a styling perspective.

Hope that makes sense.

Someone is going to be very happy with that BD! Selling it to a non-enthusiast would be such a waste. It's. Great looking car and very modable and light. On the VDC I own a L. L. BEAN parts wagon. It's very quality as car as parts go. The EZ30D motor is very competent only the VDC equipped are different with reguards to almost every system in the way it behaives in situations than the Bean edition. If you've no plans to mod the VDC it's a good decision. I agree on the older Tribeca being a better looking vehicle from the front and the back. Gosh that old school BD should be sold to a guy on here with experience. Hate to see all of those good years of taking care of it go to waste.

I was just looking for the OB one for now so I can paint my car, if you're out there and can snag it i'd take it in a heartbeat!

I know where there is a black one;)

It may or may not be on one of my cars soon. If it doesn't I'll send you the link.

It may be time to start thinking of a WRX swap..

Edited by 98 OB RNV

Yeah, the wagons look so much better with the wings..looking for one for my third gen but they were more of an add on, I think they only came stock on the ll bean or the limited ob. Not to mention those wings seem to help with dust and crap that gets all over the hatch from lack of air.