LegacyGT.com

2011 Impreza WRX STi are starting to ship out!

IcEWoLF

I saw one of these the other day... at first I thought HOLY S**T that is awesome... but then I saw the back end of it... and wanted to throw up in my mouth. Im not really up to date on the performance of the car but I do know this.. I will prolly be getting a 09/10 STI over the 11 STI.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow and only school aged kids drive these cars? Looks like BMW and Vettes are kids cars too. My sister goes to Park City High School, she drives an Audi TT... Dang it, I don't want to emulate a teenager, I guess I'll have to ride my bicycle.

This is called a strawman argument. Kinda Pathetic really.

Nurburgring is not commuting to work, walmart runs, and trying to make it homeroom before teacher marks you late.

That is what STI's are doing 9 times out of ten. If you are paying the price, its better to not feel like you took your hot tub time machine back to when Clinton was president.

who cares... that's not why people by STI's. I bought my STI for the performance. I could give a rat's @SS about the interior unless it's falling apart or completely awful. It's functional... and the car is bad @ss. Grow a pair viber. You constantly whine like a b!tch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

who cares... that's not why people by STI's. I bought my STI for the performance. I could give a rat's @SS about the interior unless it's falling apart or completely awful. It's functional... and the car is bad @ss. Grow a pair viber. You constantly whine like a b!tch

The interior is awful, this is true. Functional for the dot com era maybe.

Bad ass? Really? Is it "rad" too?

if you're worried about the interior of an STI, you completely missed the point of the car. G37x fastest production sedan around the nurburgring? beating panamera's and CTS-V's? I think not.

Subaru used a one-off prototype on the Nurb that is pretty different from the STI you can buy at the dealership. Besides, if you want a turbo AWD sedan for strictly performance, you'd buy an Evo. :lol:

sort of. It has the same suspension setup as the USDM STI. The engine and turbo are the only things different...

And if we were talking about terrible interiors... viber would rage harder over the EVO. I like the Evo, but not my cup.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

lame. awful, no. Spartan yes. One of these days you'll actually go out and drive some of these cars you fawn over in the stylized web pics. Your avatar is perfect. you mad bro.

I'm mad and you are a queer looking little troll. There you go.

Went by a local dealership that has a 2011 sti sedan in stock...for 38,800 I would expect a lot more car. I can't rationalize spending this much money for a car that screams boy racer and has 10 year old technology under the hood. The interior is of lesser quality than a Kia I recently sat in. What would it take to get some decent interior materials? I suspect it's more of a weight issue than a cost issue. They haven't raised the ~300 horse power in years...give me an extra 30 horses and put some damned sound deading material in the door already.

I seriously considered buying a WRX instead of my Legacy GT when shopping, but at the end of the day, the WRX is just an economy car built to be quick. The Legacy is still quick, and yet....it feels soo much more refined...and given some easy suspension mods, is still quick in the corners.

At this price point, I think it's perfectly rational to expect a little more in terms of build quality.

I think that's here in her avatar.

For the price of a GT, the STI is SOOOO much more car peformance wise. Somebody please recall all of the Camaros for crappy interiors. Oh yeah...Corvettes? totally not worth it. That ZR1 is a terrible car. A Mazda 6's interior blows it away. :rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sort of. It has the same suspension setup as the USDM STI. The engine and turbo are the only things different...

And if we were talking about terrible interiors... viber would rage harder over the EVO. I like the Evo, but not my cup.

You say that like engine and turbo aren't important on the Nurb..

The point is, the Evo is a car that is all performance and sacrifices in interior quality can be acceptable. The G37 is so well polished that sacrifices in performance are alright. The STI is somewhere inbetween, a car with a poor interior and outclassed performance to boot. It's like the all-season tire of the bunch, jack-of-no-trades.

The point is, the Evo is a car that is all performance and sacrifices in interior quality can be acceptable. The G37 is so well polished that sacrifices in performance are alright. The STI is somewhere inbetween, a car with a poor interior and outclassed performance to boot. It's like the all-season tire of the bunch, jack-of-no-trades.

Yeah, versatility sucks.

I was impressed by teh 05 STi when I first saw it but when they revamped it and I saw teh 06/07 years I fell in love and knew I had to have one someday when I could afford to mod it and maintain it the way the car deserves. I'll enjoy my 3.0R for now until that day. Totally stoked they brought back the sedans but for the fully loaded price OTD $38070 (dest charge inc) I think they went a little steep considering the improvements weren't terribly severe. yoou can find a bone stock STI with less than 5k miles in sedan format that looks better and save 5-10k whch can go towards mods. Only benefit to buy brand new is the warranty which starts disappearing because who wants to wait 3 or 5 years and lower interest rates.

2011 $38,070 0mi

2007 $30k asking 4300mi

2007 $30k asking 3500mi

and if you look at some with 15-20k miles barely broken in then you can get those for 20-25 and put the difference of 14-19k into mods.

I will, nice metaphor btw. I wouldn't buy an evo, I need more interior space. So the STi will be perfect!

Fair enough, the lack of a trunk passthrough is a real deal killer on the Evo for me. There's no point in a turbo AWD car that can't also fit skis right inside the car. But then again, the lack of fun is the deal killer on the STI. Three extended test drives, all in different conditions couldn't convince me. I wanted to like the STI so badly!!!

Fair enough, the lack of a trunk passthrough is a real deal killer on the Evo for me. There's no point in a turbo AWD car that can't also fit skis right inside the car. But then again, the lack of fun is the deal killer on the STI. Three extended test drives, all in different conditions couldn't convince me. I wanted to like the STI so badly!!!

I know what you mean, I felt the new sti was underpowered. Then I was honest with myself and knew I would do stage 2, so I went to nasioc and found a local who was already a stage 2. Not as fun and flirty as my 07 sti, but for a larger platform, the space I want interior wise, its a close second. Skiis belong on the roof if you ask me, but I come from a large family, we always racked our gear.

STI's still beat EVO's in Japan in all of the comparisons, reviews, and track demonstrations regardless of the EVOs trick active diffs. And it's not like the USDM Evo and STI were miles apart with the EVO being wildly better, The EVO always edged the STI, not blew it away. And the EVO does not offer a six speed in the MR and is a terrible car for daily driving and fuel consumption.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sat in both the sedan and 5 door STI recently while in for an oil change. Both had been ordered and were already sold. Really liked the 5 door (wish they offered the sedan with a subdued spoiler). The 5 door was fully loaded with SPT goodies. Sticker was around $41K. I think the dude checked every option available. Had roof racks too. Exhaust sounded great. Wish my LGT had the STI 6 speed. Nice crisp short throws!

Nice rig IMHO!

DT

Archived