LegacyGT.com

2011 Impreza WRX STi are starting to ship out!

IcEWoLF

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I already asked a shop what it will cost to fill in the holes and paint the trunk (I wont get mine till Mid November). Sounds like the best $190+tax I will spend, thats for the holes filled and the paint....and the trunk shaved bald like a #$%@#%@#

I already asked a shop what it will cost to fill in the holes and paint the trunk (I wont get mine till Mid November). Sounds like the best $190+tax I will spend, thats for the holes filled and the paint....and the trunk shaved bald like a #$%@#%@#

I've done that before and don't recommend it. the holes will fall thru and there are about 17 of them with the STI wing. You're much better off picking up a wingless trunk lid and having it painted. Just telling you from my own personal experience.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Oh yeah...Corvettes? totally not worth it. That ZR1 is a terrible car. A Mazda 6's interior blows it away. :rolleyes:

Works for me. You take your "much better interior" Mazda 6, and I'll take the "terrible" ZR1. To each his own. I agree the interior isn't the best it could be, but it recently beat a 911 Turbo around a track by almost 3 full seconds.......

Works for me. You take your "much better interior" Mazda 6, and I'll take the "terrible" ZR1. To each his own. I agree the interior isn't the best it could be, but it recently beat a 911 Turbo around a track by almost 3 full seconds.......

I was being sarcastic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've done that before and don't recommend it. the holes will fall thru and there are about 17 of them with the STI wing. You're much better off picking up a wingless trunk lid and having it painted. Just telling you from my own personal experience.

Thanks for your recommendation...

Thanks for your recommendation...

Also, if you get a separate trunklid, u can put the aweful boy racer trunk/wing back on when u get rid of the car. It appears u go thru Subes as often as I do. ;)

Also, if you get a separate trunklid, u can put the aweful boy racer trunk/wing back on when u get rid of the car. It appears u go thru Subes as often as I do. ;)

Why does it have to be BOY racer? I see plenty of girls driving these too.:lol:

Why does it have to be BOY racer? I see plenty of girls driving these too.:lol:

Because 99% of the girls driving them still hate the wing. Hell I hated the wing on my 08 and it wasn't that big. I really detested our 07's wing.

Oh really? I thought size doesn't matter.

I didn't like the wing either on my 07, but it wasn't worth storing in case I had to trade it in. So I left it on.

:lol::lol::lol:

loud!!!

size always matters... however, there are exceptions. Unless you plan on going 143 mph regularly, that wing doesn't.

I might be drunk, but I love Alaska's avatar.

LIke it more if she used two fingers to cover up rather than her entire hand. :p

Ninja post...wife was coming, ;)

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

have you sat in a 2011 STI? I have driven one and the interior is much much better than the previous years. I'd say it's nicer than my 05 LGT.

Is it improved over the 2008? My 08 Spec-B interior kills the 08. Just not a fan.

See for those of us that apreciate the interiors more its only because we are aware of all the other crappy cars out there that can be had for less $ and have substantially better made interiors. So after realizing this you just end up asking yourself at some point... why has Subaru held back on us when we also are aware that they don't have to.

Think about it, what if your STI had an interior quality almost as nice as a G37S? SOA could have... but "chose" not to. Yeah I know, cost, compromises, etc. ...not true.

If all similarly priced cars had very spartan interiors then it would never come up in discussion, but now that it's really possible it's time that Subaru steps up!

If an STI was my second car then of course I wouldn't give a crap but if the interior was much nicer I'd love it all that much more.

It's just that simple. Those of us that realize this are a bit frustrated that most other makes are evolving in this area and Subaru is not.

Is it improved over the 2008? My 08 Spec-B interior kills the 08. Just not a fan.

See for those of us that apreciate the interiors more its only because we are aware of all the other crappy cars out there that can be had for less $ and have substantially better made interiors. So after realizing this you just end up asking yourself at some point... why has Subaru held back on us when we also are aware that they don't have to.

Think about it, what if your STI had an interior quality almost as nice as a G37S? SOA could have... but "chose" not to. Yeah I know, cost, compromises, etc. ...not true.

If all similarly priced cars had very spartan interiors then it would never come up in discussion, but now that it's really possible it's time that Subaru steps up!

If an STI was my second car then of course I wouldn't give a crap but if the interior was much nicer I'd love it all that much more.

It's just that simple. Those of us that realize this are a bit frustrated that most other makes are evolving in this area and Subaru is not.

What if a G37S had a real AWD system (or even AWD at all since you can't get the Sport with it) with Helical diffs in the front, Torsen in the rear, Brembo brakes, Driver controlled locking center differential, KYB struts, etc. The G37S doesn't even hold a candle to the STI in performance. They are two totally different cars.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have to be kidding me, the Spec-Unicorn had a nice mainstream interior but the only interior it killed was 2.5i... The legacy interior was and is marginally better than any other interior at best... I know you are partial but TRY to be unbiased here.

Chose not too.. damn skippy! I don't think a yuppie sports sedan was the motif of the engineers at Subaru when the were trying to live on the rally "inspired" impreza wrx sti. lol "chose" not too.... he he he

Engineer 1:Hey Tom Drew wants Coach Leather

Engineer 2 : Dude, ITS A SUBARU!

Engineer 1:Naw really, this car is going to cost similar to the G37 (if you pay full MSRP for a a wagon...which isn't a sedan and the G37 isn't sold as a wagon)

Engineer 2:facepalm:

Engineer 1:Maybe we should include an automatic tampon remover instead.

Engineer 2:We have those?

When will you and your band of wise old guru's figure out that the STi isn't trying to compete with the g37x. If you want to compare the G37x to something similar go compare it to the IS350awd or the TL.

Engineer 1:Naw really, this car is going to cost similar to the G37 (if you pay full MSRP for a a wagon...which isn't a sedan and the G37 isn't sold as a wagon)

Funniest Sh;t I've read all day! Thanks!

You have to be kidding me, the Spec-Unicorn had a nice mainstream interior but the only interior it killed was 2.5i... The legacy interior was and is marginally better than any other interior at best... I know you are partial but TRY to be unbiased here.

LOL, try...really, well hmmmm. Too hard to do but I'll work on it. The design of the LGT interior is much more pleasing to the eye. The extra sound deadening in the Shrek pleases us old farts. The new STI doors close with a cheap hollow sound that's much worse than the 2010 Ford Focus I just rented while the Shrek has a nice solid sound to it. I know... who cares right? When you learn to apreciate the finer things in life...you'll get it.

Chose not too.. damn skippy! I don't think a yuppie sports sedan was the motif of the engineers at Subaru when the were trying to live on the rally "inspired" impreza wrx sti. lol "chose" not too.... he he he

I know, I know....but no Rally car, no 'real' update in years. The car could use a bump up somewhere.

Hahaha...got ta love it.

When will you and your band of wise old guru's figure out that the STi isn't trying to compete with the g37x. If you want to compare the G37x to something similar go compare it to the IS350awd or the TL.

Really? The G37 reference is only because it was the first car I thought of that's similarly priced but a huge leap forward with it's interior. We are not comparing the cars as a whole just the "quality" of it's interior.

I want my cake and eat it to! Why can't I have both? I say throw in 100lbs of 'quality' bits and add an additional 100whp/wtq and I'd be in heaven. :D

LOL, try...really, well hmmmm. Too hard to do but I'll work on it. The design of the LGT interior is much more pleasing to the eye. The extra sound deadening in the Shrek pleases us old farts. The new STI doors close with a cheap hollow sound that's much worse than the 2010 Ford Focus I just rented while the Shrek has a nice solid sound to it. I know... who cares right? When you learn to apreciate the finer things in life...you'll get it.

I know, I know....but no Rally car, no 'real' update in years. The car could use a bump up somewhere.

Hahaha...got ta love it.

Really? The G37 reference is only because it was the first car I thought of that's similarly priced but a huge leap forward with it's interior. We are not comparing the cars as a whole just the "quality" of it's interior.

I want my cake and eat it to! Why can't I have both? I say throw in 100lbs of 'quality' bits and add an additional 100whp/wtq and I'd be in heaven. :D

me too!

Archived