LegacyGT.com

Seafoaming

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big believer in this stuff. I use it in everything I own that has a motor.

I got proof it worked. On my dirtbike, I was doing a head gasket change. When I pulled the head the valves and piston were covered in hard carbon deposits. I didn't have anything handy to clean it off with, and I was in a rush to get riding again, so I put it back together like that. A little while later I ran seafoam through a vacuum line, and put some in the gas tank.

About a thousand miles later the headgasket went again. I pulled the head and the piston and valves looked clean and almost new.

Made me a believer, I use it all the time.

Just picked up an 05 LGT, going to run some through!

you can use almost any vac line that goes into the intake. most shops do it through the brake booster line, however because of the design of our manifolds i would try to find a line that gets you as close to possible of the center of the intake, which would be at the T by the BPV which goes to the T under the TMIC

2006 Legacy GT 5EAT Perrin UP, SPT CAI, OBXR CBE, Catless DP, Perrin TMIC, Stage 2 AP tune

Soon after BNR 16G, Infamous Tune

• 2 weeks later...
BOV vac. hose is good... you slowly pour 1/3-1/2 bottle in there let it do it's magic, clean out all carbon on engine and turbo.let it sit for 10-15 min smoke out your house/block, pour the rest in gas tank and be done with total time took bout 30 min 1 man. if you have 2 guys take 15 min.

I Seafoamed today and the car has never run better! It used to stall occasionally when returning to idle during the learning period after an ECU reset and always idled rough. It also had a pretty good stutter during acceleration. All of that is gone now! It feels like a whole new car! I added 1/3 of the bottle to the hose shown in the picture (BOV?), let it sit 5 minutes and then started it up and smoked out the driveway. The rest went into the oil and I'll put in fresh oil as soon as it cools down a bit.

ive got a bottle of seafoam waiting to be used on N/A 2.5i legacy but still have not found any info on which hose to use to suck it up can anyone help with a picture please?

Sounds like you want to put it directly into the intake system. I would just run the tank down to about 2 gallons left and dump it in the gas tank. Drive for about 30 miles then add about 2 or 3 gallons and drive it for about 40 miles then fill the tank.

Or there must be a line after the air filter and before the throttle body. use that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i know its been said but there is no reason to change your plugs after this process is done. never personally used seafoam but ive done countless BG fuel and intake system services. youll just want to change the oil due to the cleaner contaminating your oil from blow by.

and my vote is for the throttle body if easily accessed for even dispersment through each runner.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got a bottle waiting for me at home but only have 2500 miles on this oil. I'll wait another 2500 to do the seafoam. But i'm pumped. I guess i've concluded i'll do it throughout the pcv line but i don't know how or where to disconnect it. heck i don't even know what it does! lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • I Donated Too
Is there anywhere that has a super detailed walkthrough? I want to do this but I'm getting super nervous about f*&%ing with the lines... detailed pictures anywhere? how fast to pour? do you start with the car on or off? when would you turn it on? etc. Sorry for being a noob

Archived