LegacyGT.com

My '99 Legacy GT 30th Anniv. Thread.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those will work. All the setups you mentioned will.

Here are some cheap coilovers. My friend has them on an e46 and hey are not bad at all.

http://sap082.channeladvisor.com/p-127-raceland-full-coilover-kit-for-subaru-impreza-rs-wrx-sti-2nd-gen.aspx

is this your dd? if it is then i would not suggest getting coilovers because it is a tad rough on the ride quality...

westcoast has a full set of suspension for sale, you should holla at him... but for myself i picked up a set of 2002 wrx gr-2s with eibach springs on them, will be installing next week. but i debated between exactly what you are right now for about a month...

btw, you are one of the lucky few with 99 anniversary BD's that are manual... most of them are AT... ie. mine

haha essymond that is what people have been saying. If anyone wants to buy it for 10k...;)

As far as the DD bit goes, this is my DD in the sense that it's my only car. BUT. being here on campus, the only time I drive is if I go home and that is all hwy. Maybe putt around town once a week if I am taking bik es to a trailhead or shop...otherwise I bike everywhere and the car sits.

On my other car I did two separate spring strut set ups. I figure I have to be careful no matter what.

It just kills me that I could spend about 400 to get brand new gr-2s and a spring or 600 and have coilovers...they are so tempting. Unless I can find a nice setup for say max of 300...I will prob wait a bit. I will def hit westcoast up, I was hoping he would chime in by now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey sorry didn't see this earlier, but I am loving the car. just recently rolled 90k, it's great.

Bumping this thread to ask if anyone knows or knows where to go to find the number of 99 sedan gt's produced with manual transmissions?

And to let everyone know that I will actually be doing something significant to the car...

Alright well I may have lied a little. Everytime I seem to get some money saved up I have to pay for dumb crap like school and books for said institution. Lamesauce. But...I still have this planned.

On a separate note, when does the timing belt need to be done on these bad boys? I have never owned a car with low enough mileage to have to do one lol. 90k? or 100k?

Alright well I may have lied a little. Everytime I seem to get some money saved up I have to pay for dumb crap like school and books for said institution. Lamesauce. But...I still have this planned.

On a separate note, when does the timing belt need to be done on these bad boys? I have never owned a car with low enough mileage to have to do one lol. 90k? or 100k?

Subikid is right on the money. Do it now for preventative measures, keep her on the road.

On another note, what is THIS???

weeeelllll...I wanted it to be a suprise. But I'm doing a projector retrofit. Or rather, my buddy with a small budding retrofit business (which I'll let him use me as free advertising) is going to do for me.

Good news:picked up a job today

Bad news:it's at a bike shop. My other love. And current money dump. But I remain optimistic. I have one bike I'm going to sell...so that should do it.

weeeelllll...I wanted it to be a suprise. But I'm doing a projector retrofit. Or rather, my buddy with a small budding retrofit business (which I'll let him use me as free advertising) is going to do for me.

Good news:picked up a job today

Bad news:it's at a bike shop. My other love. And current money dump. But I remain optimistic. I have one bike I'm going to sell...so that should do it.

Excellent. The mod bug has bitten. Soon you'll want to get the JDM fogs, then clear JDM tails, then the GT-B badges, and then people will really stop and stare. THEN you go and throw in the twin-turbo that we didn't get in the states, and you're set. :)

But really, the projectors are a great start, they should look good!

Excellent. The mod bug has bitten. Soon you'll want to get the JDM fogs, then clear JDM tails, then the GT-B badges, and then people will really stop and stare. THEN you go and throw in the twin-turbo that we didn't get in the states, and you're set. :)

But really, the projectors are a great start, they should look good!

i want gt-b badges really bad... :icon_neut

• 3 weeks later...

Lol, it's not so much that the mod-bug hasn't bitten, I've been doing the car mod thing for several years, but that sweet high school job was taken away and replaced with more time studying than I had to do in high school...

I don't have many plans with this car, I want projectors not just for looks, but the visibility is amazing,

I want to lower it...more for leveling out and just being able to take a turn quicker.

Mess around with other suspension bits like sway bars etc.

Generally though, leave this car how it is a preserve it for someone who is even more into cars than I as I do realize it is somewhat rare(ish).

I enjoy cycling as a money dump more because it gives back in terms of fitness. Cars don't really give back (no offense). And being at the shop, I can get insane discounts that I won't ever be able to get again...so that is where the money is going right now.

That being said, here are some pictures of me testing out the awd in (temporarily) snow covered texas...I couldn't resist (this was driving it around a parking lot-I only ragged on my buddy's miata, couldn't bring myself to romp on this car.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5295/5417361995_e5ef46a22e_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5059/5417362025_6956a09f96_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5293/5417968538_1e7d06969c_b.jpg

Can you spot the problem above?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5139/5417967948_a06aa689cf_b.jpg

JDM Tyte No hands snow drifting.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs016.snc6/166639_497995651298_640286298_6433387_3260143_n.jpg

I'm Ken Block.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs079.snc6/168914_497995721298_640286298_6433390_7382067_n.jpg

Absolutely love the wheels. As you know we got the same car. Same color too. Wonder if they only came in white lol. But if you wanna drive like that you need smaller wheels and snow tires.

My setup would make short work of that bit of snow :cool:

But seriously car looks great. Im a bit jealous your car cause the outside is in better condition than mine. Plus it has less miles. How much did you pay for it?

I paid 5250 with 86xxx on the clock. I blue booked it and it said 6400. So I think I got a good deal.

Yep, S-drives plus snow doesn't work. But in texas, no sense in having winter wheel set as this happens once every five years...maybe.

The tires weren't so much the issue as was the hummock of snow that was 1.5-2 feet high and the wheel size yes.

But it was fun to mess around. My buddy fixed all the lighting and zoomed in on the car on photoshop. Car is untouched though. The body is in really great condition.

And it was lucky that jeep was there. Somewhat ironic the jeep pulling out the 'ru

Archived