LegacyGT.com

My '99 Legacy GT 30th Anniv. Thread.

I paid 5250 with 86xxx on the clock. I blue booked it and it said 6400. So I think I got a good deal.

Yep, S-drives plus snow doesn't work. But in texas, no sense in having winter wheel set as this happens once every five years...maybe.

The tires weren't so much the issue as was the hummock of snow that was 1.5-2 feet high and the wheel size yes.

But it was fun to mess around. My buddy fixed all the lighting and zoomed in on the car on photoshop. Car is untouched though. The body is in really great condition.

And it was lucky that jeep was there. Somewhat ironic the jeep pulling out the 'ru

Thats a great deal. Have you replaced the head gasket yet? I paid 4000 for mine but the outside isnt quite as good and it has more miles. No dents but some scratches.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright guys, I'm at a bit of a crossroads and looking for some opinions.

I think I've thrown it out here before, but my other (and predominate) passion is cycling. Mtn, road, whatever. Bikes in general. Also I work in a bike shop, which gives me deals I won't be able to get ever again. But. I love subarus. I would love to have a wrx hatch or that outback sport, but for right now, sedan is doing fine. So, keeping in mind that the idea here is to MAKE MONEY, I'm looking for some input.

Options-

1)Sell the car, shooting for around 7k. Keeping in mind that I have to buy another car and would like about 1500 left over after ttl (so approx. 5500 to spend on car total).

Disclaimer-I'm not trying to be an jackwagon and overprice the car, but I know with the wheels and exhaust tip and having 90k original miles on the clock and the 5spd..This car has some money invested in it and is worth some to the right enthusiast.

2)Sell the wheels. Make me an offer via pm. Keep in mind that I need some stockers +cash. Or just some wheels +cash. Also these yokohama s-drives have less than 1000 miles on them.

3)Sell muffler, also needing the stock one+cash. Same story as wheels basically.

4)Some combination of 2+3. Shipping and needing stock parts would probably be a logistical nightmare, but it's an option.

5)TRADE the car. For something like an outback or just some form of subaru (even with more miles) for car+cash tbd based on car and stuff.

That would have to be someone on here or similar leggy/outback forum.

So, thoughts, feelings, comments, ideas?

This car is in pristine condition, and as much as I love subaru, I just don't care so much if I have the 99 jdm awesome 5spd limited deal with all the options. I feel like someone else would better appreciate the car. I want to drive a subie into the ground, not car if it has a layer of grime etc. With this car, I really want someone to take care of it. And with it parked on a college campus, I just can't do that.

Literally the only thing wrong with this car is the rear cupholder snapped off. And I plasti dipped the woodgrain.

leather, everything, is perfecto.

So, thoughts, offers?

I would love some sort of hatch or wagon.

No promises, but it's on the table fosho.

Yeah I understand.

I know what you mean about getting an Outback or something though. I've thought about it but I can't lose my sportiness of my GT haha Plus my friends say they can't see me driving something so practical.

Honestly, I really don't like our gen of outbacks, still look so much like gma's wagon to me. Practicality is awesome with room and stuff...but the sedan is great. Maybe some newer roof rails and a fairing would change my opinion. I just got a (retail) 3000 dollar mtn bike, so may be time to invest in some more modern bike rails.

Our gen Outbacks are my favorite haha

My grandpa wants to get a 2011 Outback and he says that he'll sell me his 2009 Outback for $15,000 with 34k miles.

If you have that nice of a bike I would definitely invest in a better rack system, you wouldn't want anything to happen to that things... Especially with that price tag.

I concur. I just don't like how long they are on the side. But they do have some awesome room. They just look dated to me. And 3rd gen leggys and outbacks don't do it at all for me

Prob ep some new rails. yakima's crossbars have been the same since day one.

Yeah if I really like the 4th gen Outbacks, especially my grandpas because it has the 17" wheels and heated seats. Wish he had a limited but he hates leather and sun roofs so not limiteds. Leather and sub roof are key selling points for me.

lol you say bad at 90...we have 95 and 50%humidity. I was up working with my dad in caldwell before they moved officially, and we couldn't believe how cool the shade was

I think I am coming up (but flying) for spring break with the lady. Looking for some camping suggestions. Possibly stream (trout) fishing, and something with some good hiking but we could park a truck at and come back to a tent at night. Don't want to be out in the boonies but not next door to anyone either.

Any ideas are welcome. All my camping is in wyoming, not familiar with the valley.

If only my car was white, we'd have identical twins. One of (if not) the most rare Legacies ever made (99 2.5GT Limited 5MT), I believe only about 1,500 were made for the US market during that model year with those exact specs.

Btw, I only have 81,000 miles though... haha

• 4 weeks later...

Well, not much exciting...I got some new racks for my bikes, since they are worth significantly more money than my old ones...Got my subaru badges of ownership in the mail, haven't put them on yet (I'm sort of it'll make me want to keep it forever lol)

And I got it washed and waxed/cleaned out over break...Driving back to school got it kind of dusty, but i'll post some pictures anyway.

Anyone know where I can get various interior tabs? Specifically for the trunk. Also, my antenna snapped off...dern.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Well life happened and a friend of mine and myself will be moving to idaho. Unfortunately 98LGT...I'll be far off from you. But I'm looking forward to it.

Archived