LegacyGT.com

When will you sell your car?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll probably have mine for many years to come. Not worth enough money or trouble to sell anymore. Trouble is that now in Dallas, where people take their cars very seriously, the LGT wagon is not at all respected or appreciated, so we will see. Been eyeballing the beautiful Z4 coupe, as the LGT is just a sports car to me now.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

when what I owe ($16K) is more paid down to what it is worth ($12.5K) :( so Feb-Mar of next year then I will be going backwards into a BP sedan and saving for another BL Sedan. I took a bad deal on my 2008 and I regret it everyday.

But I just want a stock 08-09 LGT in OBP or SWP or GRP :)

I'm the original owner w/ 75k miles. Stage 1 + suspension mods have kept me very happy for these 5 years. If the 2010 LGT suited me better, I would have traded her in, but alas...

I will keep her until she dies or a new vehicle inspires me to trade / sell. Until then, it sure has been nice not having a car payment.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

08 LGT - 48k miles - The only problems I've had with this car involve the sway bars I installed myself (creaking bushings/groaning and clunking from a loose bolt).

I owe about 10k on it now. All I think it needs is a tuned engine with a freer flowing exhaust, and a set of proper dampers. It'll get new tires in about 8k miles.

The shifting is decent, the clutch is decent, the steering is great, and the brakes are solid. The only thing that bothers me right now is that the tires CLOMP over every little bump, but I believe that's the re92s.

10k to pay off @ 3.9% interest, and maybe $1500 in outlays for upgraded parts...that's pretty cheap compared to the alternatives.

I think we'll wind up keeping it for another 3-5 years, and then go to a semi-luxo wagon of some sort.

My 06 (stg 1) has 43,000 km and problem free - not even one warranty complaint/claim. It was my intention to trade it to a new model Legacy beleiving that Subaru would have created one along the present body lines - but they went the Maxima/Accord/Camry way and destroyed what I believe to be the best looking Subaru ever created!

I am now going stage 2 (with a bigger TMIC) since I am going to keep my Legacy until it falls apart (if they even do that). When my turbo fails me I want an AVO380 thats why I have that bigger TMIC but thats it - no more mods!

I had Tein H Tech springs and that looked too ricey so they came off and I'm back on stock springs but I have a fantastic suspension set up(Koni yellow sports shocks and Perrin 22mm front and rear sway bars coupled to Prodrive 18" wheels) and feel that I could not get the same driving pleasure in any other car and I had them all - Ferrari, Porsche,BMW, MBenz and Audi (not bragging).

I love my 08 LGT. Love it. I even look forward to my drive homes from work! I dread the thought of trading it in for a different car and taking another 4-5 years of car payments. I only have a few more years left of payments, then I'll own her. That will be a fantastic feeling, getting rid of car payments and owning the car.

Original owner. 91k miles. Stage 2 with suspension completely redone. I LOVE the way this car drives and paid it off 8 months ago. I know I couldn't find anything that drives this well off the lot in my price range ($30-$40k)). I figure I can drive this for 2 more years and then see what the next gen LGT (spec B or STi?) or STi looks like.

I do like the direction subaru is going with the 2011 WRX STI suspension and I prefer its styling to the 5th Gen LGT. Fact of the matter, I still love the look of this car. I still park a mile from any other cars and detail the car like its brand new. So, though I'm constantly window shopping on the computer, I think this baby is staying in the stable for a while.

+1 million on no car payments.

08 Spec.B almost 100k and I've been getting ready to do some serious mods, the car deserves a complete rebuild. I'll get something else for work, ie 535i or ???? and build my dream Legacy.

I'm in sales and the Spec.B never looks out of place even in front of muti million dollar homes next to Bentleys. Wish the 11 Sti Sedan could fit in like this.

I'm thinking about 9 more months and then pulling the trigger on a 2012 Mustang 5.0. 26 MPG and 365 WHP with a warranty is just too much of a temptress.

What's the sticker on that? Living in RI sucks, weather wise... and well financially too... AWD at least makes it fun when the snow starts falling. :cool:

The only way I'm getting rid of mine is to trade into another 4th Gen. This car has turned me into a gear head of sorts (I've done all the installs for stage 2 engine and suspension with some help from local guys), so I'll probably just add another Subie later on (unless they keep making everything huge and bloated looking) and go to town on the one I have.

I'm hoping to get my hands on an H4 or H6 to learn the internals in case mine dies, I can rebuild it myself with a little help.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I agree, I'm not going to get the 5th Gen ones for sure. The look doesn't appeal to me, and there's no Legacy GT Wagon anymore. I think my next one will likely be a wagon as the extra space and view looking back is worth the "wagon" look for me.

Owned a 2005 sti and sold it at 38,000 miles, picked up my 05' GRP LGT not more then 3 weeks ago at 85,000 miles. I plan to keep this until it dies, and then the cosworth block will go in and so on...

Do you like the LGT more than the STi? If I offload the GT it would be for an STi....

Archived