LegacyGT.com

When will you sell your car?

Do you like the LGT more than the STi? If I offload the GT it would be for an STi....

In some ways yes and no. IMO the LGT has alot of what the STI should have. If you could put the STI power and everything that goes with it into the LGT then that is my car.

The LGT interior is far better then the STI but the LGT lacks in power. Thankfully there are enough aftermarket parts for our cars.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm the 2nd owner (purchased it at 50k, now at 78k).

The car's now worth more than the loan, but it'll still be another year and a half before it's paid in full.

That said, it really depends what kind of shape it'll be in after 100k

There are a number of other cars that catch my eye, (2011 v6 mustang, 2009 LGT, 2009 WRX, G37, Genesis Coupe, EVO X).

I'm guessing I'll have it for another 3-4 years of ownership, but after I finally do an AUX in swap we'll see :)

I've been contemplating this for a bit as well... I get my car serviced at the dealership (I know everyone's feeling on dealerships, but the maintenance package is included with my warranty, so it's free for me), and the other day one of the Pre-Owned salesmen called me, wanting to buy my car. Actually it sounded like he really wanted it, sounded like he would buy it today if he could.

2005 BSM LGT, 5pd manual with sunroof, black leather interior, 72k miles, no problems, fully maintained...

I always loved the STI, but when I found the LGT, I was pretty hooked on it. Sometimes I still feel like getting an STI instead... If you could trade straight across for an STI, would you?

I love the LGT as it is, I spent a long time shopping for one I'd be happy with. Although as a performance enthusiast, the extra HP and cheaper mod-ability of the STI (more parts available, more commonly modded = cheaper used stuff), plus the 6 speed and cloth seats are what I would be interested in. I think the LGT is a more beautiful car, and more rare, and I like it because of that. But I could do without the leather seats, and I know you can put the 6 speed transmission, but the cost of that versus getting a car with it already... These are the things I think of... Does the Spec B 6 speed have DCCD as well, or is that STI only?

I know how you guys feel. Given a choice I would never sell my car.

I own my Legacy for about 7months now and it has done nearly 11,000miles. I just couldn't stop driving it! No matter hard I tried. :(

Not sure about other members, but I have never seen a LGT before in my area or surrounding states. With that said, pulling up next to a sti or any other tuner car and destroying it is imo FU$%*#$ AWESOME!

Our cars are without a doubt sleepers, I think the fact that they are sleepers and made by subaru is what draws me to them. Owning a car which is more difficult to mod then a STI is a challenge to me and I enjoy it. Swapping transmissions and so forth is enjoyable to me.

So, you can get a subaru that stands out and says look at me ( which I have owned a STI )

Or you can get a sleeper with the capabilities of the STI

planning to keep my car long as i can unless i get into an big accident, car feels like its falling apart, or having problems that cant be fixed. knocking on wood it doesnt happen tho but if it does (not really hoping) anytime soon here i come 2011 STi.

planning to keep my car long as i can unless i get into an big accident, car feels like its falling apart, or having problems that cant be fixed. knocking on wood it doesnt happen tho but if it does (not really hoping) anytime soon here i come 2011 STi.

The 2011 STI, I would take that :icon_chee

130,000 mile on my 05 GT Wagon 5 speed. The car is to much fun to drive and like others have said, there's nothing out there to take it's place.

Putting a big TMIC and Ividia DP, and de-catting the up pipe next week, well also install the air/oil separator if the post man ever delivers it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

86,000 miles now and will be 5 years of ownership at the end of October. I plan on keeping this car for a looong while. I'll be able to afford a house sooner if I just stick with her and not buy something new or newer. Probably still wouldn't sell the car even if I wasn't planning to buy a house. I love it too much :)

Archived