LegacyGT.com

conspiracy theories

one bad bg

there is gravity....supposedly 1/6ths of earths...otherwise neil would have just floated off. so yes there should be dust in the bowl shaped feet of the lander......anything else you want to add?

No. The dust would fly outward and away from the lander. It would not be suspended in the "air" (space) long enough for it to settle all over the feet as you suggest.

But since you don't understand physics, I might as well be trying to explain quantum physics to a poodle.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recommended reading:

http://images.contentreserve.com/ImageType-100/0128-1/%7B262E8486-D9E1-4ACD-B983-0B2B60DBC215%7DImg100.jpg

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:lol: so you can say we went to the moon??? why???were you there? so what there is video footage. theres also videos of pigs flying, can they? well i guess they can cause i saw it on tv....wow...pigs can fly... i learn something new one this forum every day:rolleyes:

No, I have not been to the moon, but I have personally seen proof that we were there. The mirrors. Very cool actually. You should go to an observatory and see for yourself.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2004/21jul_llr/

And something that the conspiracy theorists always avoid is the pictures, from modern satellites, that all show the same thing...our junk still up there.

http://www.squidoo.com/apollo-moon-landing-photos-from-space

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, you see dust that is rapidly falling

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLeCWdpa-mI&feature=related]YouTube- ‪Moon Buggy Video‬‎[/ame]

See? If that dust were here on Earth with our atmosphere (despite our 6x greater gravity) it would just create lung clogging clouds. It would take several minutes to settle, not seconds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're wrong. It's not floating ... it's falling.

This is floating dust:

http://www.wheels-near-u.co.uk/gallery2/d/2070-8/subaru-2007wrc-dust2.jpg

It's suspended by the air.

What you see in the photo of the lunar rover is the disturbance of dust. It would be the same as if you took a picture of someone pouring sand off a balcony. You see movement, and in the photograph it looks "suspended" but it's not.

in response to the vid. ok. the dust flew about 10ft up with the power of the rover.......so 10,000lbs of thrust isnt gonna throw any dust? weather it falls fast or not, there should be at least a spec of it on the lander....it would have looked like a sand storm with that thrust.....and another question: air or no air, if the gravity is 1/6ths of earthes and neil can jump with hundreds of pounds of equipment strapped to him, how does friggen dust fall faster on the moon than it does on earth?

:lol: and no dust "rapidly fell" on the BOWL SHAPED feet of the lander....please....you sir need that book you so kindly posted

For the dust to fall on TOP of the feet of the lander, something would have to blow them over the top...but wait...there is no air to move it. It simply fell straight down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What you see in the photo of the lunar rover is the disturbance of dust. It would be the same as if you took a picture of someone pouring sand off a balcony. You see movement, and in the photograph it looks "suspended" but it's not.

he didnt post a photo, he posted a vid. of dust falling....quite quickly.

Go outside. Find dust. Slam a dinner plate into the dust. The dust is going to be pushed away from the plate. Not onto the top of it. The top surface should be clean. Unless of course wind blows the dust there...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For the dust to fall on TOP of the feet of the lander' date=' something would have to blow them over the top...but wait...there is no air to move it. It simply fell straight down.[/quote']

yes....youre right....it fell straight down...after being kicked up by 10k lbs of thrust....so dust lander everywhere except the 10" diameter feet of the lander. dude. seriously, listen to youself. youre saying that dust falls rapidly on the moon(1/16th earths gravity), and youre also saying that that in order for dust to be on top of the feet, something would have to blow it on TOP of them.....10k lbs of thrust isnt enough to blow dust on something that only sits 2" off the ground? :confused:

in response to the vid. ok. the dust flew about 10ft up with the power of the rover.......so 10,000lbs of thrust isnt gonna throw any dust? weather it falls fast or not, there should be at least a spec of it on the lander....it would have looked like a sand storm with that thrust.....and another question: air or no air, if the gravity is 1/6ths of earthes and neil can jump with hundreds of pounds of equipment strapped to him, how does friggen dust fall faster on the moon than it does on earth?

I'm going to bring you back to your high school science teacher with a copy of this thread. Then I'm going to see what he does.

One of two things is going to happen.

1) He will beat you senselessly for wasting his efforts as a teacher

or:

2) I will ask him what grade he gave you, and if was anything passing, I will beat him senselessly for failing the education system.

yes....youre right....it fell straight down...after being kicked up by 10k lbs of thrust....so dust lander everywhere except the 10" diameter feet of the lander. dude. seriously, listen to youself. youre saying that dust falls rapidly on the moon(1/16th earths gravity), and youre also saying that that in order for dust to be on top of the feet, something would have to blow it on TOP of them.....10k lbs of thrust isnt enough to blow dust on something that only sits 2" off the ground? :confused:

When someone driving a car pulls into a parking spot, do they do it at 100 miles per hour? Of course not. They slow down first, easing off the accelerator. The astronauts did the same thing. Sure, the rocket on the lander was capable of 10,000 pounds of thrust, but they had a throttle. They fired the rocket hard to deorbit and slow enough to land on the Moon, but they didn't need to thrust that hard as they approached the lunar surface; they throttled down to about 3000 pounds of thrust.

Now here comes a little bit of math: the engine nozzle was about 54 inches across (from the Encyclopaedia Astronautica), which means it had an area of 2300 square inches. That in turn means that the thrust generated a pressure of only about 1.5 pounds per square inch! That's not a lot of pressure. Moreover, in a vacuum, the exhaust from a rocket spreads out very rapidly. On Earth, the air in our atmosphere constrains the thrust of a rocket into a narrow column, which is why you get long flames and columns of smoke from the back of a rocket. In a vacuum, no air means the exhaust spreads out even more, lowering the pressure. That's why there's no blast crater! Three thousand pounds of thrust sounds like a lot, but it was so spread out it was actually rather gentle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go outside. Find dust. Slam a dinner plate into the dust. The dust is going to be pushed away from the plate. Not onto the top of it. The top surface should be clean. Unless of course wind blows the dust there...

the dinner plate simulates the thrust. so you do me a favor....grab a compressor hose. take 4 quarters and place them in a square patter about 6" apart....take the compressor hose and blast 100psi in the center of them...do this in sand and take video of it....if there is no crater, and there is no sand on any of the quarters...i will delete this thread and act like nothing happened..........deal?

the dinner plate simulates the thrust. so you do me a favor....grab a compressor hose. take 4 quarters and place them in a square patter about 6" apart....take the compressor hose and blast 100psi in the center of them...do this in sand and take video of it....if there is no crater, and there is no sand on any of the quarters...i will delete this thread and act like nothing happened..........deal?

But we're not dealing with 100 psi. We're dealing with 1.5

That's like exhaling into your sandbox. Which you should probably go back to playing in. Leave the science for the grown-ups.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oops! He beat you to the punch! Already explained what you can't let go of. Got anything else?

Are these your ideas and questions, or questions that you're repeating from other anonymous morons on the interweb?

DUDE!!! ONLY 1.5 PSI?! THEN WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST CRASH RIGHT INTO THE MOON!

lolzors! ;)

They had V-TEC yo!

That's right, the JAPANESE are the real reason we got to the moon...that's the REAL conspiracy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived