LegacyGT.com

P0011, P0021, Missfire, OCV or Oil flow Control Valve

Just pull them at the same time.

Passenger side OCVS just takes moving the coolant tank and spinning it 25 degrees to the fender well while pulling it out. That one is a bit of a pig. It will come out.

Drivers side is easy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just pull them at the same time.

Passenger side OCVS just takes moving the coolant tank and spinning it 25 degrees to the fender well while pulling it out. That one is a bit of a pig. It will come out.

Drivers side is easy.

Yup. I had to tap passenger side one with a hammer to get it out and in.

• 4 weeks later...

Any advice on replacing the passenger side ocv?

That seems to be the one that is giving me trouble I bought a replace one today after the code P0011 came on last night.

The driver side one is easy.

Does anybody have tips on the passenger side on?

Should I get an oil change afterwards or do anything else after replacing it?

Thanks ahead of time to any responses.

From memory here.

Get the coolant fill container loose Think you only have to remove the top tube from the turbo to make room. Throw a rak under it to catch any coolant spillage.

Lift it up and hook it on the manifold higher.

So pull the ocvs out and rotate the maount bracket tward the passnger fender well. its going to bind up just a hair as it hits the bracket... Just take it easy and it will come out.

Pay attention cause the new one has to go in the same way.

Now I'm repeating myself in the same thread.

It's always good to change the oil and couple of times, after a few hundred miles.

I even like to flush the oil system, with a can of Gunk motor flush.

Listen to your turbo, if it bengins to whine they about replacing it before it goes.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 year later...
In case you didn't know. The banjo filter bolts are in the heads, PS Rear, DS front, not the banjo bolt that screws into the OCVs.

From thread, http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2-5gt-turbo-oil-supply-banjo-bolt-filter-removal-61689.html

A few questions:

1) Why didn't this service bulletin cover our Legacy's?

2) If you replace this banjo bolt with screen and put one in that doesn't have the screen, what happens to the particles?

A few questions:

1) Why didn't this service bulletin cover our Legacy's?

2) If you replace this banjo bolt with screen and put one in that doesn't have the screen, what happens to the particles?

Your oil filter catches them. That's the one you change with you change your oil.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Your oil filter catches them. That's the one you change with you change your oil.

Is that the one that kinda looks like a soda can? ;)

What I meant was what if particles spawn from a point in the line past the oil filter - I thought these banjo bolt screens were supposed to catch those.

They do, then they block the oil flow. Dirty oil is better then no oil.

Understood.

I got the P0011 code last week. Teardown showed that these filters were clogged up, and that my turbo is shot. I'm at a little over 150K miles.

How bad was the turbo ? Is there metal in the oil ?

Did you see my video, "142,000 miles on an OEM turbo" ? google it.

Yea, just think how much better the car would be if it had a vf52....

We should see an page in the Amsoil magazine about how good there oil is in keeping this throw away turbo alive so long.

Yea, just think how much better the car would be if it had a vf52....

We should see an page in the Amsoil magazine about how good there oil is in keeping this throw away turbo alive so long.

I have a VF-39 sitting on the shelf, just in case it's needed.;)

Imo, it more do to the oil filtration then the oil;)

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

I definitely need some help!! Threw P0011 and P0021 codes. Turbo blew while driving home a few nights ago!! Now what??

Local shops are quoting me near $3,000 to fix which won't work for me since the wife is pregnant and we are trying to save our $ the best we can..

In the screens past the turbo yes - my guess is bit of housing and vane?

The banjo filters are before the turbo. The turbo oil return hose drops oil and whatever back into the oil pan from the back of the passenger side head.

Google, 142,000 miles on an OEM turbo, you'll see how much my turbo had 1000 miles after I got those CEL's. I got very lucky.

If you put metal into the oil pan, your best off too pull the pan and see how much metal is in there.

I definitely need some help!! Threw P0011 and P0021 codes. Turbo blew while driving home a few nights ago!! Now what??

Local shops are quoting me near $3,000 to fix which won't work for me since the wife is pregnant and we are trying to save our $ the best we can..

Can you do any of the work yourself ? The turbo is fairly easy to replace, if there's not much metal in the oil pan.

The banjo filters are before the turbo. The turbo oil return hose drops oil and whatever back into the oil pan from the back of the passenger side head.

If you put metal into the oil pan, your best off too pull the pan and see how much metal is in there.

Which and how many of these banjo bolt filters are there?

I'll pull the pan. Thanks.

I think the 2 each, 07 banjo's are up top not on the side of the heads. Like 08-09.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/ check out the service manual, in the back are flow charts that show how the systems work.

Archived