LegacyGT.com

Available/Worthwhile upgrades for '08 2.5i?

So i've been discussing with a few friends about making some mods to my car, although I'm not entirely sure which ones will be the most worthwhile. I would like to stick to handling and performance mods because I don't particularly want to put money into the exterior before the interior.

What are your recommendations? What do you think had the most bang for the buck and showed the greatest improvement?

There are so many things on here for the LGT models but not anywhere near as much about the N/A models, so I need a little help figuring out what is available for these models.

I was thinking of starting with some sways and/or tighter shocks. I was told that my car already has sways in it.. maybe i just didnt see them or he was confused with the GT? :confused:

Also, what tuning options are there? Just custom or DIY tunes?

N/A FAQ

AVO Project Outback Part 1

Read those two threads. There is a lot of info on the forums already if you search around. The only worthwhile performance modifications for the 2.5i is suspension and braking. Almost all LGT suspension parts will bolt on to the 2.5i. There are plenty of 2.5i braking options as well, but I imagine even more if you did a LGT brake swap (slightly bigger brakes). Follow the AVO Project Outback thread, there will be some great info on there as the car is built. Currently it is mostly a waist of money to tackle engine performance. For the amount of money invested in a modest power gain, you could probably upgrade to top of the line LGT.

Awesome, thank you! This forum is so big, it's sometimes hard to find what you're looking for.

When I am looking into the suspension parts, how will i know for sure if they will work with the 2.5i? Most sites just have compatibility info for the LGT

Go to rallitek.com, First I would go with some wheels and rubber, pair that with the rallitek sway bar kit and some end links, you should be good. If you have an extra grand setting around then just go with coilovers. And yes all cars have anti sway bars in them, but their wimpy and the end links are lame. I would pass on the tune, for the price you will pay theres little to no reward in my opinion.

You ca get a eTune from Phatt Botti Tuning for $80.00 it wont give you a bunch of extra HP but it will make the power your car makes now more driver friendly and it will improve lots of little things like throttle and MPG. If you have a tactrix or VAG-COM cable (google both) that would help some.

Next suspension you dont need a massive bar on a stock ride 22mm up front maybo 20 mm in the rear even a swap to solid bars over hollow ones will improve greatly, then of course endlinks then springs.

When I am looking into the suspension parts, how will i know for sure if they will work with the 2.5i? Most sites just have compatibility info for the LGT

Essentially, the LGT and the 2.5i are the same when it comes to suspension. The key differences between the models would be in engine/exhaust upgrades.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

Essentially, the LGT and the 2.5i are the same when it comes to suspension. The key differences between the models would be in engine/exhaust upgrades.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

www.avoturboworld.com

Front swaybars are different as well due to differences in exhaust manifolds.;)

I'll be looking at getting the turbo kit in about 3 weeks - I'll write up the entire install and tuning process. I'm a tad bit biased, but I think it's a worthwhile upgrade! We are still looking at around a $3600-3800 MSRP, and that's with a FMIC as part of the kit.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

www.avoturboworld.com

That is a good price point

You ca get a eTune from Phatt Botti Tuning for $80.00 it wont give you a bunch of extra HP but it will make the power your car makes now more driver friendly and it will improve lots of little things like throttle and MPG. If you have a tactrix or VAG-COM cable (google both) that would help some.

any more info on this Phatt Botti Tuning?

You two^^^^

$80.00 per car with ten or more !

Link:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2017329

I'm assuming ten or more people?

I was reading through this the other day.. sounds like a good deal. They said they will step you through the process, and the only other thing you need is the tactrix cable and pay them $80...

Although the fact that i'd be doing it, technically, by myself scares me a bit since i've never done A THING regarding tuning a car.

GB for this ends today, I just paypal'd and ordered a VAG-COM cable, can't wait!

GB for this ends today, I just paypal'd and ordered a VAG-COM cable, can't wait!

Err, someone else might want to chime in on this, but is the 05 mt defined?

I know that some years and combos do not have definitions so i thought they couldnt be tuned.

Though I have not read through the thread there to know specifics, just going off memory so not sure.

Err, someone else might want to chime in on this, but is the 05 mt defined?

I know that some years and combos do not have definitions so i thought they couldnt be tuned.

Though I have not read through the thread there to know specifics, just going off memory so not sure.

I'm '05 AT, I'm told it's defined, and the VAG-COM cable works, so I'm into this less than $125US!

Let me know how that Vag-Com cable works i only form cables for VW and Audi's none for the Subbie. Also let me know how the tune feels and changes your car

I always thought that this list was the one that had all the definitions? 05 AT isn't in there, but if I'm wrong please correct me, as I have one as well.

http://www.romraider.com/Documentation/SupportedECUs

I see that as well, but taken from the thread on NASIOC:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEE-OTTO http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

Well I have Legacy so im out anyway and I would like a road tune how ever nothing like that exists in SW VA http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif

STIMIKEY: your not out. This is for all N/A subies (the special). We can e-tune your car as well, as you probably do not want to drive to CT.

I told the tuner what my car was, he assured me the cable/software should work for me, so I'll let you know once my cable shows up!

Let me know how that Vag-Com cable works i only form cables for VW and Audi's none for the Subbie. Also let me know how the tune feels and changes your car

ROFL!!! I just realized I quoted you from the other thread! It looks like my car is old enough it doesn't use the CAN-BUS communication protocol, so I'm able to use the VAG-COM cable (commonly for VW's and Audi's, same cable though, just different software). With your newer car I believe you need the tactrix cable instead.

I always thought that this list was the one that had all the definitions? 05 AT isn't in there, but if I'm wrong please correct me, as I have one as well.

http://www.romraider.com/Documentation/SupportedECUs

From STIMIKEY via PM:

"The 05 leggy should be able to use the 05 2.5rs rom. Ill try to find one and read the rom to be sure. If it doesnt work out, I have no problem refunding you if the car is not supported."

I'll let you know for sure once I get my VAG-COM cable and try it out.

Archived