LegacyGT.com

Available/Worthwhile upgrades for '08 2.5i?

Thanks for the update Ian. I would have thought someone would have tried to do that before. Also I thought maybe because the weight differences in the cars/layouts, ECUs would react differently.

But I guess it takes one person to jump in and try something, and then we all find out.

Just a bit of info, last time I checked the nasioc thread, 09 lecacy/impreza's with an automatic 4eat tranny are out. Something about the definitions not being supported. Kind of a bummer as I was looking to get the rallitek cams for the N/A legacy and have my car tuned to make the most of them.

Thanks for the update Ian. I would have thought someone would have tried to do that before. Also I thought maybe because the weight differences in the cars/layouts, ECUs would react differently.

But I guess it takes one person to jump in and try something, and then we all find out.

The weight will certainly be a factor, but the difference will be in the tune, not the hardware that allows the tune.

I can't wait!!! Throttle response has always been something I haven't liked about this car, and now it will be fixed! I'm going to get it tuned on 87 octane, as that's what I run in it, and get the most out of that, and if I want to "retune" for 91 octane it's only $25 and some more datalogging, and I can flash back and forth as I please. Pretty good deal IMO.

I'll stop threadjacking now, but in closing I have a feeling that a tune will fall under "worthwhile upgrade" when all is said and done!

Yea definitely, I'm tuned in after reading the NASIOC thread. I'd have to find a laptop first lol.

I wonder if I could go to my local Subaru tuning shop and let them know about this e-tune. Maybe they could do the dirty work b/c all this talk of ruined ECUs and blown engines is scaring me. Has anyone tried that, I wonder? Have the shop take the ECU data and send it to these guys for the e-tune?

• 2 weeks later...
Just a bit of info, last time I checked the nasioc thread, 09 lecacy/impreza's with an automatic 4eat tranny are out. Something about the definitions not being supported. Kind of a bummer as I was looking to get the rallitek cams for the N/A legacy and have my car tuned to make the most of them.

Bump for an update, '09 w/ 4eat is now supported!

I'm still waiting on my VAGCOM cable to show up.:mad:

Bump for an update, '09 w/ 4eat is now supported!

I'm still waiting on my VAGCOM cable to show up.:mad:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear/find this out from. I've been looking to do the rallitek cams and a cat back exhaust on my car. I haven't bothered yet since I figured it wouldn't be worth it without a tune to match. If I can find someone who can do a tune for my 09 4eat I might have to put those cams on order.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear/find this out from. I've been looking to do the rallitek cams and a cat back exhaust on my car. I haven't bothered yet since I figured it wouldn't be worth it without a tune to match. If I can find someone who can do a tune for my 09 4eat I might have to put those cams on order.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2017329

Archived