LegacyGT.com

The most bad azz car in the land

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The GT2RS is the fastest street legal 911 to date. The car is simply amazing. I have been a porschephile since I was 3 and this has to be my favorite in addition to the 95-96 GT2 and 94 turbo s slopenose. Can't wait to see one of these in person.

I'm sure at least one or 2 will show up at the dealer near me. I have seen a few GT3RS cars there. This has to be the best pure driving car other than the GT3RS that Porsche has ever produced.

I'm sure at least one or 2 will show up at the dealer near me. I have seen a few GT3RS cars there. This has to be the best pure driving car other than the GT3RS that Porsche has ever produced.

500 world wide, they wont be going to dealers, they will be going to the first 500 people to get there names on the list and who are willing to pay huge mark ups to be the first to have this car.

Yes but you do not want a convertible. Chassis will be less rigid therefore more wobbly in corners.

Believe it or not alot of 911 turbo owners do not track there car and therefore dont really care and would rather have the vert for nice day cruises.

I'm sure the Porsche will be like that, too. Just like when the Enzo was first released and people were paying 1.2-1.4 million for a car with an MSRP of, IIRC, $660,000.

A dealer her in RI got the first F40 Ferrari back in the day, he got a million for it.

How does it stack up against the GT-R?

Well the Porsche is a Porsche, not a Nissan. So the GT2 RS will hold it's value better.

Porsche has a longer history of building durable sports cars that can be beat on and still continue to function.

The GT-R is gaining a history of eating transmission parts in attempts to move a nearly 4000lb vehicle from 0 to high speeds in very short amounts of time.

The GT-2 RS weighs less. A lot less. It also has more power. A lot more power. So it will be able to accelerate faster (once hooked up). The GT-2 RS also has those fancy schmancy carbon ceramic brakes so it can stop faster with less brake fade. Oh, and the lower weight makes things much easier durability wise on drive line components.

If you are a professional race car driver you can probably pilot the GT-2 RS around any given race track faster than a GT-R.

The GT-2 RS weighs less.

3075 lbs vs 3829 lbs - the GT R does start at only $84K (you might have better luck talking the wife into the Nissan then the Porsche... "but, babe it's a $160,000 less..."):rolleyes:

Not to hijack this thread but Walter Rohrl the still the man when it comes to Porsche's. I know it's not a turbo, but my only experience with the 'Ring is through my PS3 and not in the wet. Wait 'til the boss walks out turn up the sound you'll have a hard time finding a better way to waste 9min. of company time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z6WNprU9Uw]YouTube- Walter Rohrl tests Porsche 997 GT3 RS racer in the wet, at the Nurburgring[/ame]

The new Ferrari 599 GTO is the one to have.

No doubt a neat car, but like most Ferrari cars it is overpriced likely very delicate, and will cost a fortune to maintain.

I would wager the GT-2 RS will be faster too, that Ferrari is heavy.

No doubt a neat car, but like most Ferrari cars it is overpriced likely very delicate, and will cost a fortune to maintain.

I would wager the GT-2 RS will be faster too, that Ferrari is heavy.

Agree, ill take a this gt2 rs over that ferrari anyday.

Good luck with that. I think they're only building 500 and I have enough trouble seeing a GT3 on the street. Much less a GT2 or an RS variant thereof.

I've seen a couple Veyrons, an Enzo, an XJ220, and a Reventon ... I'm not TOO worried about spotting a 500 run production car.

For that matter, I've also seen Blaze Yellow WRX's :p

• 3 weeks later...
Hmmm so what was said earlier the porshe will hit 100 mph and in the same time my 1990 civic wagon would be blazing past 40 good deal. Would much rather have a previous gen porche even if it was slower I dont think I could live with seeing that car in my garage it just looks off, but thats just me and im a tad wierd

Ive driven a GT3RS, awesome cars, porsche makes some of the best "super/hyper cars". The 911 is a car that can be driven everyday. The RS I drove had a cage with some rather intrusive door bars so that wouldnt be a DD but the turbos and Carrera 4S's ive driven are amazing.

Archived