LegacyGT.com

The most bad azz car in the land

Ive driven a GT3RS, awesome cars, porsche makes some of the best "super/hyper cars". The 911 is a car that can be driven everyday. The RS I drove had a cage with some rather intrusive door bars so that wouldnt be a DD but the turbos and Carrera 4S's ive driven are amazing.

Amazing review, Motor Trend loved the GT3 until this year. They say it's too 'hard edged" now for a DD now.

Me? I prefer getting a bat to the back of the head when the turbos spool up. :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update: Car and Driver tests exotic's.

The 911 Turbo S...... 0-60= 2.7sec :spin:

0-100= 6.4 sec :eek:

1/4mile= 10.8 @ 125mph. :icon_chee

Not much will catch you in this buggy.:wub:

Unbelievable.

Damn good times but its where it should be for a car with that weight, power and AWD. The 0-100 time is the best looking time out of the bunch.

I know, I saw that 0-100 time and I think I almost got wood. :lol:

What, if anything, can do a quarter mile time like that in the same price range or less from the factory, no mods?

:lol::lol: you know me gotta go to the GM. bone stock down to the tire and filter 06 and up z06s have gone 10.8-10.9 at 125-128mph. Most z06 owners cant get into the 10s stock because a trqy v8 and 6 speed manual is a challenge to get the best times out of which makes the porsche easier to get those times with since its AWD and the pdk makes it even easier. The 0-60 times arent as good with RWD and stock tires/suspension but they make up for it by weighing less than the porsche making the same power but since its only rwd it gets more power to the ground. The zr1 has traction problems but people have trapped 134mph with it.

As for my comment about thats where it should be for a car with that weight and power I was just refering to 1/4mile times by cars with that power and weight, not stock cars.

Doh!, yes Bowtie, how could I forget our beloved Z06. Blasphemy! :)

Too bad Chevy hasn't experimented with AWD on the Vette. I know an AWD Vette would make Corvette purists throw up but at least offer it as an option.

Random intrusion, but I saw one of these on some back roads the other day:

http://www.insideline.com/mercedes-benz/sls-amg/2011/2011-mercedes-benz-sls-amg-priced.html

This was by no means a beautiful car to drive past. But the f'ing road presence was like a Rolls Royce. It's a WIDE car. Like it's fenders flare from white line to yellow line with an enormous tri-point symbol in the middle.

It's just one of those cars I never thought I'd see driving around.

Joe

P.s. The day I drove next to a CL Black series also blew me away. Thing sounded like Nascar, smelled like it too when he went from 40-120mph in the time it took me to notice he was accelerating.

The fact that a used GT-R is now within my financial reach makes my love affair with that car only more real ;)

Yes I know it would be thrashed to within an inch of its life, but so what ? I would still jump Cameron Diaz when she is 70 :lol:

I can't argue that Phil!!! Although 70 is pushing it.:lol:

I can't argue that Phil!!! Although 70 is pushing it.:lol:

Right and me personally i think Ms. Diaz has gotten far less attractive in the past couple years, i cant imagine 70.

As for the GTR its a good car but i personally would pick many other cars before it. Unless i find myself rich with about 200 other cars in my garage and im driving down the street with a check for 80k and see a GTR for sale and im bored so i buy it. :lol:

I would take a z06 or 911 turbo before the gtr. you can get 2007 911 turbos for 65-90k with low miles.

Archived