LegacyGT.com

Which color leather interior do you prefer? (read first)

What color leather interior do you like?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What color leather interior do you like?

• cream-in-your-pants cream
    • bada$$ black

[quote name='Earthworm'] For the next few days of 90 degree weather I do not envy the black leather owners... even though all these cars just seem to retain heat no matter what color of the interior is...[/QUOTE]True that. If the dash was not black I would be all over it but with the cream leather and cream headliner the black dash just looks...wrong :p

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='username']the need-desire website describes the seats as "perforated leather-[b]trimmed[/b] upholstry" does anyone know what "trimmed" means?[/QUOTE] Leather "Trimmed" seats usually means the entire seat is not leather, probably just the seating surfaces. The sides and back of the seat may not be leather.

BLACK FOR SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE!! Heheheheeheheh It's funny the tan/beige leather interiors are vastly found in the US, as opposed to Europe, South America, Asia mostly black and silver... I guess Americans like it... Urgh... (sorry for peope who really like them) Flavio Zanetti Boston, MA

Cream all the way. My last few cars have had dark charcoal/black interiors and it's become way to somber. The cream gives the interior an open airy feeling. I like the two tone look of the black dash on the cream also and the wood trim aint bad looking, not great like a Jag, but not bad. With a RBP car it's a nice combo. Would not get cream on red, silver, or white though. Just gotta stay on top of the cleaning, the kids aren't in my car much so that helps.

My car is RBP with black leather which looks fine, however If I had known the '06 Legacy in RBP would come with the cream interior I may have waited. I think the contrast of the cream interiors and a dark exterior color is good. It also makes the interior look more stylish, luxurious, open and airy. I have a car with cream leather and it really has not been much of a problem over the years. It still looks good.

Taste is extremely personal, but I have a Black&tan 05 LGT ltd wagon, and I love the interior. I would not have bought the car with the black interior - I think even with the plood, it looks awesome. In fact, this is the best plood I've seen. I don't like all the silver trim - I think it looks just as bad as plood, but the combination of both I think is excellent. We really like the black&cream together. I have to admit, though, that the (bluish) gray headliner looks ass. Luckily it's so light that it's hard to tell. I have a very lucky story about how I bought my car; wondering where to post it =)

[quote name='Anibalz']For me it all depends on the outside color. I think both colors looks fine and the two tone color of the beige with black dash looks interesting.[/QUOTE] I agree. The outside color is a big factor. I think the beige would look good on a red car, but I can't imagine any other color other than black in Regal Blue. This image wouldn't look right with beige leather seats showing. [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/163-6316_IMG.jpg[/IMG]

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

[QUOTE]Although I do like the cream very much. I think I would have to stick with black since it would be less likey to show dirt and wear. So I guess I would have to go with black. I might change my mind if I went for the black exterior though.[/QUOTE] I did cream. I like the way it looks, but its much more scary to own. I am still trying to get a black pen mark out of my seat after I took a co-worker to lunch. Given a choice today, I would have done black....even if it is hotter.

I dont like having wood accents in my car along with the cream leather, so i opted for the sporty aluminum gray trim with the black leather. The e-brake, steering wheel, shifter boot, dash board are all black (as I last recall) so why not make it all match? Keefe
Keefe

i got my silver leggy tinted all the way around(save, for the winshield) with 5%. -it is not legal but it sure stays relatively cool in the summer even with almost triple digit outside temps.

[quote name='rts']My car is RBP with black leather which looks fine, however If I had known the '06 Legacy in RBP would come with the cream interior I may have waited. [/QUOTE] I guess that I thought that almost all the exterior colors came in both black and taupe interiors, with either 5MT or 5EAT for the 2005MY. OB2.5i's and XT base and Limiteds came with black or taupe (cloth or leather depending on "limited" or not) interiors, as well. LLBean and VDC, and maybe OB 3.0R sedan, too, got the Taupe leather only. 06MY is a different story, according to a product matrix posted on this forum. The Blues, and Satin White Pearl get Taupe. Black, Garnet Red, and Brilliant Silver get Black interior. All leather. No Cloth for GT. No Manual Trans for Wagon, and no NAV for wagon or 5MT Sedan. OB gets ALL Taupe interiors, regardless. A bit of a re-arrangement there. My dillemma is opposite of RTS. I [i]want[/i] a RBP GT sedan with Black leather and a 5MT. The Black leather puts that out. At least I dont want the wagon with 5MT with either a cloth interior or NAV. I'd be really up a creek then. [quote name='OCDetails'][img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/163-6316_IMG.jpg[/img][/QUOTE] Yeah, that's the one. Right There! I guess I'll have to offer OCD a good price for it. At least it'll have really nicely kept paint!

[quote name='Dotanukie']Cream all the way. My last few cars have had dark charcoal/black interiors and it's become way to somber. The cream gives the interior an open airy feeling. I like the two tone look of the black dash on the cream also and the wood trim aint bad looking, not great like a Jag, but not bad. With a RBP car it's a nice combo. Would not get cream on red, silver, or white though. Just gotta stay on top of the cleaning, the kids aren't in my car much so that helps.[/QUOTE] Time for me to bring out my pic of what the aftermarket can provide: [img]http://www.moojohn.com/subaru/woodgrain.jpg[/img] Kind of interesting that my red 05 will be the only year you could get tan w/ red...

Hey John, thats a pretty sharp looking interior. Do you have a link where those trim pieces can be pruchased, or any other details? Also, I noticed that the side pieces on the center console have gone from wood grain to black. Was that included in the kit also? Scott

I think this one is too much up to personal tastes. :) For Winky, I wanted the taupe (or "cream," in this thread) - I'm stepping out of, for me, my boy-racer days, and decided to opt for something that's distinctively, to me, at least, much less racy and much more "old man." One thing that's NOT subjective, though.... The taupe/cream leather is a bitch to keep clean. :p -A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

You can get the woodgrain kit (mine is real rosewood) from [url]http://exoticwooddash.com[/url] They offer lots of choices of real wood, fake wood, or carbon fiber. I painted the sides of the center console since the stock wood looked silly next to the real thing. Just a quick spray of primer followed by satin black was all it took to look stock. The kit includes overlays for the center storage cubby/vents and the ashtray but I'm doing custom work in those areas right now.

• 11 years later...

Po1507 help? I have 2001 outback with 2.5 manual trans the cel showing idel air control valve malfunction (fail safe mode). I cleaned the iacv and replaced the gasket. No change. Idle still surging. I noticed that the idle is higher when the car is moving. But as soon as i stop it stabilizes a bit. Should my next part be a new iacv or the nss. Im new to subarus so i need a little help. Ive done some reading and it seems to be a toss up. Help

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Archived