LegacyGT.com

some form of a...problem.

• 9 months later...
Has your fuel economy suffered at the same time? A malfunctioning EGR causes hesitation and stumbling on acceleration with decreased MPGs. It can also backfire through the intake. If it is the EGR it usually sets a code though.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Not all of em had an egr on it, like mine. I have an issue I can't figure out for the life of me, similar, maybe slightly different, but I found this video of a guy with the spitting image of the same issue as me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTniWdaKxew]YouTube - Subaru Legacy 2003 start failure 08-04-07[/ame]

yeah I get that vibration, here's my video I took:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkYVue1h6sA]YouTube - 1995 Subaru Legacy Brighton Starting Issue Pt.1[/ame]

This next video only did this once, but other times it started it felt like it was misfiring, if I shut it off and restart it it's usually fine until it dies again:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4NC62kr2I4]YouTube - 1995 Subaru Legacy Brighton Starting Issue Pt.2[/ame]

Still haven't figured out the stalling. I think it's just the massive slug of air that gets into the engine at WOT isn't in the right proportion because of the cone filter that I put on. I think it's intake related, but couldn't be 100% sure.

As far as the lights popping on, still haven't solved it either. I think there's something grounding out somewhere. Frustrating. Fuel economy is great, power's getting delivered like it should (once it's rolling), and I haven't noticed anything too alarming. The car's been running great otherwise :) I'm on to different things, like suspension issues. Argh.

Filter's good, never thought of the fuel pump, but it's been getting gas without any hiccups except for WOT at a dead stop. Would a pump on its way out show signs of that?

• I Donated
Filter's good, never thought of the fuel pump, but it's been getting gas without any hiccups except for WOT at a dead stop. Would a pump on its way out show signs of that?

Possibly. Have you checked your fuel pressure? I don't remember what the spec is so you will have to look it up. But if you're not getting enough fuel pressure some weird things can happen

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Nope, will do that as soon as I figure out if my valves are destroyed or not. Over the weekend the timing jumped about half a sprocket on the driver's bank, and tomorrow I'm buttoning it all back up. If it's bad, I'm either going to sell, part out, or swap an engine in. I'm sick of this bullshit.

• 4 months later...
glad your car is not totaled. a semi would work a number on a car like this.

this problem is most odd. but i cant help but think your getting to much gas. it is like the motor is forgetting that it has a car to push.

you can test the throttle position sensor with your voltmeter. it works off resistants.

What should the reading on the throttle position sensor be on my ohmmeter when the throttle is closed, 1/2, and fully open?

Cant' seem to find a thread on that.

check your computers grounds too. i had a similar problem for a day, right after getting new intake manifold gaskets put on. my friend forgot to secure the ground for the computer and the movement of the engine would disconnect the ground, and then id get failure. its located on the passenger side, towards the back of the motor.

• 1 year later...
ist it alright to fun a full 3'' exhaust all the way? or should you have a 2.5 some where for back presser?

neither. you need to run run a 2.25" exhaust unless you have a ported/polished IM or Heads, grinded cams or other internals.

at 2.5" you'll be squeezing out 20MPG max with all the loss of so much backpressure

Archived