LegacyGT.com

NOS for Legacy 3R?

Anyone try just a NOS setup on there Legy yet? I have a 3.0R and was wondering if the 40-50HP kit would be worth the trouble? Cheap power but worried about what NOS could do to the engine.

Regards,

DT

6 years on this site and I haven't seen a thread about a member adding a nitrous system... but you could be first!

NOS is fun and safe when installed correctly. Can get pricey though... and usually isn't legal if the cops find the tank hooked up in the trunk.

lol! I don't know if I want to be first :eek: but I am definitely looking for some feedback. Thought it would be a good way to add pwr without a lot of mods and $$. An extra 50hp out of the H6 would make for an interesting ride!

Rgds,

DT

lol! I don't know if I want to be first :eek: but I am definitely looking for some feedback. Thought it would be a good way to add pwr without a lot of mods and $$. An extra 50hp out of the H6 would make for an interesting ride!

Rgds,

DT

It really would and a small shot never hurt any 4cyl didnt hurt my LD9 Powered Grand Am with 190K on the clock but you can find those engines liek you can sand on a beach :)

1998 Preludes go really fast with a 50 shot that engages in second gear when the foot goes to the floor, the combo of NOS and VTEC was giggle inducing.

Your gassed Legacy should be fun as hell too. Go for it!!!

I so badly wanted to find the gif of Paul Walker screaming NAAAWWWZZZZ! after his car was shot up by the Asian biker gang and subsequently exploded into a ball of flames.

I have head of turbos advertised as safety features due to the passing power on the highway. Therefore nitrous can be justified a safety feature. Can't put a price on saftey, go for it!

My only concern is the inherently high compression ratio of the H6.

A SMALL shot (<50) would probably be fine if it's done well and used sparingly. Don't worry about getting in an accident. Mount the bottle securely and against the rear seat and you should be fine. It would take a HELL of an impact to contact the bottle, and a HELL of an impact to break it free of the mount. Just be sure it's REALLY well bolted down.

I'd consider building a box around it, just to protect it from foreign object damage from things flying around inside the trunk.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Anyone try just a NOS setup on there Legy yet? I have a 3.0R and was wondering if the 40-50HP kit would be worth the trouble? Cheap power but worried about what NOS could do to the engine.

Small amounts of NOS with proper engine management is unlikely to do anything bad to any engine. I ran a lot of NOS on a variety of Honda motors with only manual tuning (:rolleyes: yeah I know) and got away with it for a loooooooooooooong time.

Look into stepped, staged or linear NOS kits. It is worth the extra $ (Imagine linear nitrous that adds more NOS as you put your foot down or for a few dollars less a stage system that gives you a 25shot at 1/2 throttle and a 50shot at WOT.)

I don't like the idea of partial throttle nitrous. It should be a Wide-Open-Throttle thing only. Unless you are actively, electronically, controlling fuel and timing, I think it's a bad move to have any nitrous below WOT.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Unless you are actively, electronically, controlling fuel and timing

x2 More complicated nitrous systems do require electronic control of fueling and timing and are more expensive in every way. Nothing wrong with WOT single stage or WOT switched dual stage but is more of a track-use thing (as NOS probably should be anyway)

Nitrous is fun. I spray a "100" shot on my Beretta. I quote 100 since its just what Holley says is a 100 shot from their jets. I think it netted me 60whp once on a stock motor. I have yet to dyno it with my new engine.

Mine is a WOT switch only which also has a master arm switch... Since I'm too cheap to buy a progressive controller, I'm working on a delay timer for the WOT switch so I can enable the master right at the line... Right now if that's on I'll spin till the limiter not move... I'm investing money into a pressure gauge and warming blanket soon.

I can do it because I use it in one of my cars...

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/4/8/1239178366276/Vin-Diesel-in-Fast--Furio-001.jpg

Its like being polish and being able to tell polish jokes.... Oh wait I can do that too... LOL

That movie totally killed nitrous use, and I'll never forgive it.

LOL. Sorry to go too far off topic, but I remember reading an article where an auto mag was test driving some of the cars from that movie. All the 0-60 times and braking tests where a joke. When it came time to test the handling (slalom in particular), the test drivers flat out refused because they felt the cars were unsafe!

Archived