LegacyGT.com

why are people selling their 05 already?

Dude... Thats like the hardest question in the world.

That's like asking a 4 year old kid in Toy's R US what he wants.

I have been tossing over a bunch of ideas. Now, that the 2005 Toyota MRS comes in Gunmetal, I was thinking about that.

I like change my mind every 5 minuites.

B4

I want a cheaper car so I can go back and finish school and own a house at the same time. I like to try and stay debt free. Credit cards=Devil

If being debt free is important and you don't want to have anything on credit, then why would you sign on the dotted line to begin with?

I agree that debt is bad and people abuse credit without even knowing it, but being smart with your money and using credit wisely is better than going nuts with it or not build it at all. I am making payments on my house, my Legacy and my student loans. Everything else I own. :) I worked as a paralegal in a law firm that specialized in consumer credit laws for a few years. Some people are totally uninformed about what to do with their credit. Detailing and credit.... I don't know if there is anything I know better than those two subjects.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Guest JessterCPA
If being debt free is important and you don't want to have anything on credit, then why would you sign on the dotted line to begin with?

I agree that debt is bad and people abuse credit without even knowing it, but being smart with your money and using credit wisely is better than going nuts with it or not build it at all. I am making payments on my house, my Legacy and my student loans. Everything else I own. :) I worked as a paralegal in a law firm that specialized in consumer credit laws for a few years. Some people are totally uninformed about what to do with their credit. Detailing and credit.... I don't know if there is anything I know better than those two subjects.

Finally! Someone who shares the same ideas as me on this topic! I thought I was alone in this debt-ridden world!

Sorry to hijack. Except for more HP, or a better value, I wouldnt get rid of my 2005.

Jesse

I enjoy my Leggy. I enjoyed it more whem it was modified to hell and I could enjoy back road twisties at speeds a normal sports sedan would shudder at.

But, as I stated before, if I wasn't movieing I would still have it.

B4

Don't get me wrong, I can easily afford the LGT and a house. I just decided that I want to finish up school and go a different path than I am headed now. Its not a big deal if I don't sell it. I can still finish schooling easily either way. I'd just prefer to pay as much cash as I can for school rather tan financing any of it. I love the car, and will own another If I do end up selling it.

school loans can be the cheapest loans you will ever get...make your money work for you...Invest what you save, and make money on that investment over paying for school outright. That is what i did, and am still doing....works out pretty well.

you don't see to many LGT for sale in the papers, but some people just sell to change cars, they get bored afte a year or so....not me, I am having more fun in my OBXT daily, and after next week....booooo yaaaaa, it is gonna be killer.

I wonder what could be thae cause for it the LGT is a great car. I do hav a few theories:

the cup holders are too big

the rattle under the dash

the keyless entry is too senstive

no GPS

no HID

you have to take the tray out of the trunk to fit a full sized spare

cant swap the stock head unit

my clutch stinks

i dont like the sport shift

the lag

their not making an STi Legacy

i want more luxury

i really have to use preimum, but im cheep, cant i put in an octain booster sometimes and be ok

I could go on but im board now. :lol:

the cup holders are too big

You're lucky they are too big in my '97 i can only fit soda cans, forget McDonalds, soda bottles, snapples. Oh well I damn well wouldnt mind trading up to owning an 05 but college and student loans are killing me.

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Credit cards=Devil

I know this is off-topic, but the quote's just too good to ignore. I have a roommate who is less-than-intelligent with her credit. Last week she said, "I was going through my bills and started feeling bad about having $14,000 in credit card debt, but then I realized that you must owe way more than that on this house." I tried to explain the difference between a mortgage (owing $90,000 on a $150,000 house) and credit card debt, but she just didn't get it. No wonder there's such a debt problem in this country.

speaking of cup holders..where are they in the '05?

Kenda

There's two next to the e-brake... behind the shifter and in front of the center "arm" console box, "arm" because not everyone can put their arms on it unless they buy the arm extension. :) There's also two for the rear passengers and that's on the back of the center console thingy.

-ben

There's two next to the e-brake... behind the shifter and in front of the center "arm" console box, "arm" because not everyone can put their arms on it unless they buy the arm extension. :) There's also two for the rear passengers and that's on the back of the center console thingy.

baaah, thought they would have moved them from besides the e-brake. thats where mine are and i can't stand it!! i stratch my arms up all the time on straws when i have cups with straws in the cup holders. oh well!

Kenda

Some guesses on why folks don't choose / do sell their Legacy:

• People will buy them and hang onto them better if they're not concerned about a Special- or Higher-Performance edition coming out right after they buy one.
  • Electronic Stability Control (not available) [NOT replaced by AWD]
  • Tire Pressure Monitors (not available)
  • HIDs (not available)
  • One of the smaller back seats in the sport sedan class (according to the auto mags)
  • Navigation System (not available)
  • Steering Wheel Controls (not available)
  • Folding Rear seats for increased cargo capacity (not available)
  • Poor quality stock stereo
  • HIGH level of difficulty upgrading stock stereo (considerable/$$$$ faceplate fabrication required)

I love mine in spite of these things...I'm just hypothesizing in the spirit of discussion for this thread. ;)

I think the number of folks selling their 2005's already is embelmatic of our culture; But the latest cool think even if you can't afford it, get bored in a few months, whine because it doesn't have the latest gadget, then sell it at a huge loss and get yourself 'upside-down' on your next automobile purchase so you have to work even more hours per week to keep up. Seems to be the way a lot of folks choose to live. I still have my '93 Legacy GT AWD Turbo with 130K on the clock and plan on keeping our new LGT Wagon at least ten years - EVEN though it doesn't have a satellite navigation system or HID lights - imagine that!

Regarding the lists that have been proposed... I agree that some people are probably hung up on details, especially "gadgets" (I'm a gadget geek myself - no negative connotation implied).

Every vehicle is a compromise at its price-point. At $30,000 there are plenty of cars with NAV, HID, steering wheel controls, and other toys. In the great compromise, I see my Subie as leaning toward performance and functionality. It does like it's premium, but what other vehicle is as fun to drive when it's just me and twisty road, but still takes a month's worth of road-trip goodies for two or more?

Archived