LegacyGT.com

why are people selling their 05 already?

You're quite right about every vehicle being a compromise and Subaru has done well with this model. I also agree that in the 30K range there a lot of other vehicles WITH gadgets galore but My LGT Wagon with 5MT and NO options was $23,000.00 - happily a far cry from 30K. In the 23K range there is simply NOTHING that comes close to this car's functionality, safety, all weather capability, reliability and performace. I guess I'm one of those 'repeat customers' we all hear about - Subaru just seems to fit my needs well so I keep 'em a long time.

I'm with you on being a repeat customer... I put 250,000 miles on a 1996 Legacy L wagon before taking the leap to my OBXT. Even more than being a repeat customer, using only the Legacy L I was able to convince three friends to go Subie. There's just something about them...

I consider selling mine every day.

I hate the clutch, besides stinking in reverse, i hate the engagement point. First gear is way too short and no aux in connection.

I should've bought a bmw 330 ci or used boxster. Granted the legacy is faster but the handling and feel is no where near these cars.

j

I'd have bought a ferrari f430 or used enzo. Granted the legacy wagon is faster in snow but the handling and feel is no where near these cars.

Serious.

This Space For Rent

The clutch just gets some getting used to, that's all. Every single one of my cars save for one SAAB have had manual transmissions and the LGT has been the most difficult to master but I've got it at 1,500 miles. Just play with it, find the break point, give it a little gas and you're away smoothly and without stink. The stink is NOT a factor unless you don't know how to drive a manual transmission smoothly OR you're going for that 0-60 run at the expense of the machinery you just paid for. Frankly I think the stink is a riot - lets you know when you screwed up or abused the machinery. Grow up.

As for the guy who should have bought a BMW 330 or a used Boxster - sure, for another 10 to 15,000 dollars and NO AWD and NO room - I mean those are completely different cars - I highly doubt a person considering the purchase of a Subaru LGT has a BMW 330 coupe or a Porsce Boxter on his/her list. So sell it, take a big hit on first year depreciation and get your BMW or Porsche - I'm sure you'll find lots to complain about with either one of them - the BMW costs a ton to maintain and the Porsche ain't too swift in the snow.

LGT all the way BABY!!!

Clutch took me till 565 mile to really get natural and smooth.

Yes, I would like it a little lighter, and the shifter less rubbery and less notchy. I am going to try the Kartboy bushings see if that helps.

My business partner has a 325 Wagon, and I drive it all the time. Subi and BMW are even in interior design/ layout and quality.

Subi is much more fun to drive, and is much more roomier, a better layout and more rear seat room.

OK, the radio, ACC and one or two minor missing things are an issue - but I do get a great AWD system with the LGT.

I also think that the Subi wagon looks better and is more up todate - I love the Italian influence.

Subi won most reliable car brand from Consumer Report. So the Legacy will have a much lower price for service and parts - and is a much more reliable car than BMW or Porsche.

I got a fully load GT Limited Wagon for $27k - $10k less than the BMW wagon.

A great value. A great car.

what kinda cars does he buy?

His last infatuation was for Fords, his last cars were:

2001 Mustang Bullitt

2002 Lightning

2002 Harley Davidson Edition F-150

2003 Cobra

He's kept his 2004 Chevy 2500HD for a while, but now he wants a Z06.

-imo, the stock stereo on the LGT is not that bad.

-the clutch is way better than shuddering clutch i had on my 02 WRX(that was so annoying). i have not encountered the clutch stink that many have referred to.

-i was actually highly considering getting a 330i when i was shopping for a car. they had great deals on them because the new shapes are about to be released. i stuck with Subaru's because imo they are the best bang for the buck.

-i want a Z06 too....love those cars.

Archived