LegacyGT.com

Muffler tip

I am stuck with Single Exhaust Ports and don't feel like pulling the block to put in Dual Port Exhaust.

New piping for the mid pipe back isn't going to be easy. Exhaust shops around here are being real stingy.

Get a muffler shop to install a Magnaflow muffler. They are cheap and plantiful and sound good.

You can then choose whatever tip you like and have the shop weld it on the muffler.

Voila, nice chiny new exhaust that sounds great.

• I Donated
I have a free flow Magnaflow muffler on mine (I have a pic thread somewhere around here you can look up). It sounds the same as when I had no muffler at all on it. There are two resinators before the muffler that give it a pretty cool sound.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I have a free flow Magnaflow muffler on mine (I have a pic thread somewhere around here you can look up). It sounds the same as when I had no muffler at all on it. There are two resinators before the muffler that give it a pretty cool sound.

Do you know the model number of the one that you got?

Get a tip on eBay, tons available.

Tips are tips, so go to Pep Boys or Autozone and pick out a tip you like. It will likely be a universal size that mates up nicely to the universal Magnaflow muffler your exhaust shop will install.

I like dual tips personally (a single inlet to weld to the muffler branching off to two outlets). A nice classy but cool look that doesn't look ricey like a huge 4" canon tip.

Something liek the T-564 on this website.

http://www.toucanindustries.com/index.php?src=directory&view=products&submenu=Ractive&srctype=products_lister&category=Exhaust%20Tips&query=category.eq.Exhaust%20Tips&pos=15,15,70

look ricey like a huge 4" canon tip.
haha that funny. cannon... HA

i like the sound i get with no muffler. but it looks tacky having the exhaust end at the axles. what would it cost to get about 2 feet of pipe and a cheap rice tip? any one see the pipe i made on cad? thats what i want.

Some people were saying they need to be tuned for back pressure and that they don't do shit but sound. That's fine with me about the sound part but I don't want to hurt the car but it seems like a crock of shit because how could it damage the car....

Archived