LegacyGT.com

Woman saved from Subaru Wreckage

This was a local story in Utah yesterday, a man crossed three lanes of traffic and slammed head on into a woman driving the Subaru. The engine was pushed into the lap of the woman and it took rescuers a few hours to get her out. Anyway, i was looking at the pics, and it looks to be a Legacy from what i can tell.

20429.jpg.6928a8936d9a0568f104d47a12d9ef1a.jpg

Geez that is harsh. I know it's bad to speak ill of the departed, but the other guy got what he deserved. Looking at the wheels in the pic, it seems to be an Outback.
Semper ubi sub ubi.

Okay, I RTFA, and the driver that caused the collision was elderly, so I'll retract my earlier statement in case it turns out he had a medical issue that caused him to veer. Still a horrible situation for the young mother-to-be.
Semper ubi sub ubi.

I would say the same thing about the guy that hit her, but the police did say that there not sure if there was a medical issue related with the guy.. But they don't really know for sure yet.

Edit* You reposted before i could post.

That's really sad. The engine going into the cabin, not supposed to do that, it supposed to break away and go down under the car, so either the design was bad or there was some serious speed there and the laws of physics > design. (going to assume it was speed)

Glad she's alive, but still a sad story

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Could be the old guy just didn't want to live anymore. I doubt we'll ever know for sure. Sad about the Baby.:(

In which case there are better alternatives.

Always sad to hear about accidents like that.

453747.png

with that kind of wreck, a survivor is purely a miracle.. I feel sorry for the baby :( :( :(

It certainly is amazing to think that anyone alive came out of that driver side. Just goes to show...

Even what makes a Subaru a Subaru can't save you from everyone. Be safe kids - it's not you I am worried about - it is the guy in the Suburban that is about to T bone you.

It certainly is amazing to think that anyone alive came out of that driver side. Just goes to show...

Even what makes a Subaru a Subaru can't save you from everyone. Be safe kids - it's not you I am worried about - it is the guy in the Suburban that is about to T bone you.

I doubt there is anything can save you from t-bone

I feel bad for the mother. It's a horrific ordeal to go through, losing an unborn child that way. :(

In any case, in order to prevent accidents like this, I believe the elderly should take driving tests after a certain age. I remember reading around here, someone suggesting a sort of timetable after about say, over 50 years of age, you should take a test every 3 years or so, over 60, every two years, over 65, annually etc.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

In any case, in order to prevent accidents like this, I believe the elderly should take driving tests after a certain age. I remember reading around here, someone suggesting a sort of timetable after about say, over 50 years of age, you should take a test every 3 years or so, over 60, every two years, over 65, annually etc.

http://growingbolder.com/media/technology/vehicles/romancing-the-road-259598.html

^ This lady has got it together. I hope I can be that clear-of-mind, at that age. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

From what they were saying on the radio, this morning, it took the man a long time to make it across all of the lanes, they say he may have had a stroke, but the reason is still unclear. The speed limit is 40-45 MPH on the street it happend on, but it was a head on collision, with no signs of either driver hitting the brakes...sad sad story. Also, they said she was driving an impreza, but I'm not sure of the year.

Aside from the horrible aspect of the story...the car looks to be one of these:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86632&d=1277479532http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/40/2006-2007_Subaru_Impreza_Wagon.jpg/800px-2006-2007_Subaru_Impreza_Wagon.jpg

Color, wheels, turn up at the headlight on the fender, the frameless doors, the thin crease horizontal on the door, all seem to match.

Age is not always an indicator of medical health. Especially in this era. Now IF he did have prior medical history and has told not to drive, there is definitely a problem, but a 30 year old person could just as easily have a stroke and veer across the lanes. Agreed it's not as likely.... or maybe the elderly man was texting his granddaughter...

This is indeed a sad, sad story, but attacking the elderly and insisting on annual testing at a certain age is a bit much, it will fill the DMV's causing longer delays for us all, and most likely at best get a few drivers off the roads. Chances are this man could have easily passed a test on a good day (which is when any elderly person is going to go take a test) and forgot medication or just had a horrible unpredictible medical occurence this day (i.e. stroke, heart attack).

btw.... I'm turning 30 next month so I'm not defending myself.... I just don't like seeing trends in limiting who can drive, we are raising driving age, causing young kids to get a license at 18 then go off to college with little to no local driving experience, then we are trying more and more to limit how old you can be to drive....

and please don't flame me for having no heart, I truly feel this is a miserable ordeal on either side, a mother losing a baby ,who has yet to begin their life, hanging on for life AND a family losing a Grandfather, great grandfather maybe, with a lot of ties and history in his life....

Archived