LegacyGT.com

Official NorCal Spotted Thread

axis008

Dirty black would be brown, and would be dirtier in some areas more than others (rear bumper, wheel wells, etc). That looks like the same shade of matte black consistently from the back to mid panels. Even the part that seems brighter above the rear wheel, it doesn't have the glossy effect.

I've been contemplating a wrap for so long, can't decide between white and matte black. I scratched my bumper a couple months ago, and the quotes i've been getting to repaint just the bumper costs more than the cost of materials of a full car wrap.

Dirty black would be brown, and would be dirtier in some areas more than others (rear bumper, wheel wells, etc). That looks like the same shade of matte black consistently from the back to mid panels. Even the part that seems brighter above the rear wheel, it doesn't have the glossy effect.

I've been contemplating a wrap for so long, can't decide between white and matte black. I scratched my bumper a couple months ago, and the quotes i've been getting to repaint just the bumper costs more than the cost of materials of a full car wrap.

Hmm...it just doesn't look too appealing. Maybe I'd have to see it "in person" or something.

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

marky,

If you are looking to do it, I found a place in san jose that can order the same 3m stuff the guy used in the above picture (sedan). You can pick it up and now pay for shipping. It was about $300 or so for 25 yards I believe. If you want more info I can look up the email.

You should do white. I already know what a black vinyl wrapped legacy looks like. :p

I have a dent (with scratches) in my rear passenger door panel and and with the pearl, you almost need to paint the entire car to fix it. I anticipate a vinyl wrap in the future for me, after the avo turbo kit. Unless the rattles keep showing up and I just get rid of the car in an insane rage.

marky,

If you are looking to do it, I found a place in san jose that can order the same 3m stuff the guy used in the above picture (sedan). You can pick it up and now pay for shipping. It was about $300 or so for 25 yards I believe. If you want more info I can look up the email.

wow $300? So tempting... the lowest quote i got to fix my bumper was $450 from Maaco, $600 from body shops.

I was leaning towards white, but I heard the white material is slightly transparent, and could show some of the dark paint from underneath, wet t-shirt styles.

Was at Fish Ranch Rd last Saturday around 4:30p. Had just got back in my car to look something up on my phone... and i notice a car on the road practically stop next to me, I looked up and you threw up deuces... All i could think was "Who the eff was that?!?!?" lol until you drove off and i realized you were in a Silver Leggy GT! Sorry dude, didn’t mean to not show any Suby love. Your car sounded pretty good when you sped off btw.

Wow...vinyl wrap an entire car. Never crossed my mind, nor had I every heard of it, but now you've got the wheels in my head spinning. I guess my #1 questions would be how well does it hold up? Does it bubble, shrink, wrinkle under hot/cold conditions? My LGT has some scratches and dings which I would very much like to have repaired. I even have a family owned body shop to get a discount on the body work portion but even then it still costs an arm and leg for paint and to get it resprayed. Flat black vinyl would match my black wheels nicely.

Wow...vinyl wrap an entire car. Never crossed my mind, nor had I every heard of it, but now you've got the wheels in my head spinning. I guess my #1 questions would be how well does it hold up? Does it bubble, shrink, wrinkle under hot/cold conditions? My LGT has some scratches and dings which I would very much like to have repaired. I even have a family owned body shop to get a discount on the body work portion but even then it still costs an arm and leg for paint and to get it resprayed. Flat black vinyl would match my black wheels nicely.

Wrapping is actually pretty popular with higher-end cars these days. I've seen quite a few wrapped Porsches, AM's, BMW's.....

We should do a GB Mark! :lol:

I know of a place local that would be able to source pretty much any color under the sun (and help out with any bumps in the road too).

A high quality vinyl job including application will cost as much as a decent exterior paint job, but it can also last as long.

Now the application is a huge part of the cost, and you can DIY but you need to be a damn perfectionist and have a place to work. Wrapping, like painting, is something that rewards being extremely detail oriented.

Now you can go cheaper on labor and material costs and it won't last as long but the good thing about vinyl is that you can reverse it pretty easily.

The good thing about vinyl is that it is completely reversible, which helps preserve resale value and makes things cheaper than if you get sick of it.

the kids call it "murdered". *sigh*....

my buddy just had it done to his boxster. Not sure how I feel about the flat look. Funny thing was he saw my new powder coated wheels after they get really dirty with sand/dust from a snowy road and thought the flat color looked "awesome".... hahah

The real problem with it is in a place like this you just look like one more hill billy with a primered car.

The real problem with it is in a place like this you just look like one more hill billy with a primered car.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It reminds me of when high school kids get their CRX or whatever and think, "yeah! I'm gonna get a fly paint job!" They then strip the paint and primer it themselves, and realize too late how expensive a decent paint job really costs. So they just drive around with a black matte primer looking car indefinitely.

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

lol, I was behind that exact car last night on hwy 49 and I was thinking about it vs a "murdered" car. Not saying I hate the wrapped cars but it's something to think about. And it's definitely going to be the "hip" trend for a while.

Spotted White Outback XT with gunmetal grey aftermarket wheels parked at ClutchMart on Sunrise in Rancho Cordova, Friday around 4:30pm Edited by GoSix

Spotted blue LGT wagon with tint on WB 50 a little before 5pm. Gave the thumbs up and a nod. Cheers!