LegacyGT.com

(hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

What is this?

Why is it making a humming sound?

Where can I find pdf engine diagrams?

Winner gets a cookie!

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq120/CWJ/IMGP5322crop.jpg

Well, Bill from Broken Motorsports and I (mostly him) picked around in it. He basically checked all those things, but the hum went away when that part was unplugged.

Ironically, I was going to remove and check the piece last week without realizing that's where the sounds was coming from (I thought it was coming from the clutch slave cylinder), but those 12 year old screws are mighty soft.

Any idea what that part is?

Ah Thanks, gents.

Cookie was for all 3 questions, Stang. If somebody can tell me where to get engine a pdf service manual, I'll let you split it two or three ways ;)

• 3 weeks later...

to update...

finally got around to removing IAC for cleaning, tried alcohol, reattached, drove for a couple miles and....

P0507 shows up now. :icon_neut

and I realized the hummmmmm is from the airbox, not the IAC. :icon_evil

it's actually idling fine and speeds up when the IAC sensor is unplugged, so I think I somehow didn't put the TPS back on right or one of the hoses is loose.

meh.

Happy 4th.

Alldatadiy.com i use it and I love it! They give you part #'s, labor times, and sometimes part prices. Also technical service bulletins. I think it's 20.00 a year or something like that. I haven't had to renew it yet so, I don't remember. It's awesome! Diagrahms, schematics..... Well worth it!!!

Pfffft, you give cookies for identifying the ICV? Do i get one if i point out the TPS? :p

And ICV's don't make a sound. And a hmmmm from the airbox is totally and utterly normal, it gets 10 times louder if you use a pod filter. That my boy is induction noise!

You might want some new gaskets for that sucker now btw...

Pfffft, you give cookies for identifying the ICV? Do i get one if i point out the TPS? :p

And ICV's don't make a sound. And a hmmmm from the airbox is totally and utterly normal, it gets 10 times louder if you use a pod filter. That my boy is induction noise!

You might want some new gaskets for that sucker now btw...

A properly closed airbox doesn't hum like this - as evidenced when I pressed down on the box and hum went away.

I also wouldn't call induction noise a "hum". More look "vroom". Maybe "whoosh". Such was the case on my last vehicle with an open airbox (with securely fastened filter.

Now, send me a set of airbox clips and send you a whole batch of cookies.

and, in the final bit of fun.....i'm not so much missing clips as I am in need of a top half an airbox that doesn't have the tab holes at the back broken off.

but, hey, the CEL went off...

Archived