LegacyGT.com

2011 Subaru Legacy STI - Photos Released

N.sane

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm confused about what GENERATION you want.

you've posted about '95, '05-'08, and now '11.

are you just looking for any legacy wagon that has a turbo? if so, that will end my confusion.

Shit, sorry I did post 95, WTF was I thinking. Did they even make a turbo in 95. LOL. Sorry about the typo.

I'm looking for a fourth gen legacy turbo wagon. The closer to 09 model year the better. However if I could find an earlier fourth gen with low miles I would jump on it.

If Subaru came out with a new turbo wagon I would get it so I didn't have to worry about other peoples maintenance habits.

did they not make GT wagons in 08-09? (also note, he's in Canada. I know they didn't release them in the US)

2008 was the last year for the GT wagon, and you could order it with a five-speed manual or five-speed Sportshift automatic with paddle shifters.

I'm not a fan of paddle shifters. I prefer the system they have in the 05-07 model.

I was about to fly to Prince George for a 5sp LGTW with only 32xxx miles but they sold it within three days. Grrr.

Hey guys thanks for all your help.

Or you could get an OBXT. :)

I thought about the OBXT. Saw one this morning. Nice vehicle but it's an SUV. Want something a little sportier. Not sure what the weight on the OB is but somehow I don't think it would be as peppy as the LGTW.

I thought about the OBXT. Saw one this morning. Nice vehicle but it's an SUV. Want something a little sportier. Not sure what the weight on the OB is but somehow I don't think it would be as peppy as the LGTW.

Well, looks like an SUV.

If you find another gt wagon, JUMP ON IT. Those grow fewer and far between more and more, and of course you'd have to get it with the 3rd pedal :)

The LGTW was available in Canada until 2008 with the 5spd. So I have that on my side.

Wow you were right JDMChizad the Outback XT is a nice car. Had a look at an 05 OBXTL today which has 60K miles on the clock. Black on black, the only drawback was that it was auto but this thing is MINT. The seats don't even look like they've been sat in.

Is there ANYTHING I should be looking for?

It's at the local Subaru dealership but that doesn't mean anything.

I'm not sure of the differences between Canadian Subies and US Subies, but the best of them here (for modding) is the '05.

I don't think there is much of a difference if any. Why do you say the 05 is better for modding?

What's the difference between the LGTW and OBXT other then ride height?

Some things that come immediately to mind: (Base model LGTW & OBXT - 5MT nonlimited)

• Larger brakes

• LGTW: (F: 12.3" vented disc; R: 11.3" vented disc)

• OBXT: (F:11.5" vented disc; R: 10.6" solid disc)

[*]Faster Rack & Pinion steering ratio

• LGTW: 2.8 turns lock-to-lock
    • OBXT: 3.2 turns lock-to-lock

[*]5MT Final Drive

• LGTW: 4.111
    • OBXT: 4.444

[*]Lighter curb weight

• LGTW: 3380 lbs

• OBXT: 3415 lbs

[*]Ground clearance

• LGTW: 6.1"
    • OBXT: 8.7"

[*]Tire Size (rating)

• LGTW: 215/45x17 (Z rated)
    • OBXT: 225/55x17 (R rated)

[*]Rear Sway Bar sizing

• LGTW: 17mm
    • OBXT: 16mm

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I don't think there is much of a difference if any. Why do you say the 05 is better for modding?

05 is the only year with the on board code reader (CELs WILL happen), and fewer emissions controls (same with 06). The 05 non limited is also the lightest LGT made. And the black housing headlights are bad ass.

05 is the only year with the on board code reader (CELs WILL happen), and fewer emissions controls (same with 06). The 05 non limited is also the lightest LGT made. And the black housing headlights are bad ass.

i miss mines R.I.P

• 5 months later...
Looks like they're not calling it a Legacy STi, but a Legacy 2.5 GT TS. Lots of STi bits but no extra bite. That said, I'd be happy to take it off their hands.

Theyve been called this all along.

Here is an STi Legacy I missed out on by $500. It sold for $15,000 USD.

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af56/cognoscentiX/2-1.jpg

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af56/cognoscentiX/1-1.jpg

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af56/cognoscentiX/3.jpg

For starters, emissions to make it Federal and/or State compliant (including all OBD-II standards), all glass and lighting would have to be DOT-compliant, and probably a bunch more that I'm clueless about. Beyond that, who knows the bureaucratic hoohah you'd have to go through - and the time (read: sunk costs) you'd have to expend to make it a legitimate import.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived