LegacyGT.com

2011 Subaru Legacy STI - Photos Released

N.sane

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay I've been a Legacy appreciator sine the car's intro here, but with no mt or extra power the STi badging and only suspension upgrades don't make this a must buy car. I'm in agreement with whitetiger. I'd rather take the time and effort in upgrading my car over dropping almost $46K. C'mon son!

hey i just thought, if all they are doing is adding some better shocks and sti badge then I should be okay if I put spec b suspension on my 05 gt and then i can stick a sti badge on it ;)

jk.

Yup ! (see my avatar----I got's me a bonafide STI ! ) .........:)...........also check ALL the photos in the link at the beginning of this thread.......they also show a six speed stick , not just the auto.

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

• 2 weeks later...
That motor trend article really clears it up, the suspension upgrades and looks are sweet, but its a bummer they didn't boost the performance at all.

Bummer really that Camry's and Accords have more power than the Legacy...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

• 2 weeks later...
Bummer really that Camry's and Accords have more power than the Legacy...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

And Hyundai Sonatas too.......so sad.

I like the aggressive refinement. Hopefully, a six speed will be offered....

LOOK at the pictures ! This one is there. ( Link to additional pictures is in post #7 )

2011-subaru-legacy-gtts-shiftknob.jpg.c8004a7488dc19a6127b0eb1ad8c47dd.jpg

It's an improvement, but everything I don't like about 5th gens is still there. =/

I agree with this statement..........the nose is still blunt as a Mack truck......the wheel wells are still insanely huge and make whatever wheel/tire combo you put in there look TINY.

And to all my fellow Subaru bretheren........especially those who own a fifth gen--------understand I am not hating on you......MY car is not going to last forever , and at some point I will need to replace it.

If Subaru sticks to this design mentality.....I will be forced to leave Subaru (and I sure as sh*t don't want to do that )

It's an improvement, but everything I don't like about 5th gens is still there. =/

I agree, kinda like if they just remove the Toyota Avalon part of it.. oh wait, then it would be a Subaru Legacy again.

^ :lol: ^

this car is indeed an improvement, but until I see the next generation...I remain unamazed at Subaru's craftmanship.

PLEASE PLEASE don't let the new bodystyle disappoint...

Yeah, I'm with you. I just passed 90k miles yesterday. I figure I can hold out until 2013. If the LGT doesn't do it for me, I may have to go with a STi.

New 2011 WRX STi sedan doesn't look too bad... If it weren't for all the white-sunglasses wearing kids that are going to own them soon, I'd almost consider one. Hopefully the next Legacy will go back to being cool, but I kind of doubt it. It will probably be automatic only and non-turbo.

ah yeah its about time they made an sti legacy. that looks sick. whens it hitting american markets??

So far its Japan only.......I really don't understand why they haven't ever made an STI Legacy for our market.

No one can make me believe that Australia (which has always gotten the good sh*t) is a bigger market than North America/Canada !

Archived