LegacyGT.com

Is the Legacy governed?

The only way to remove the gov is with ECU managment, people do not really loose gas milage when upgrading the map....they just have more power, and they use it, and drive a lil harder.....and if you are gonna be go'n the speed (which no one should unless on a track) where the rev limiter is a concern, the gas should/is the last thing on your mind.......

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted by sde

I removed the governor myself, but I live in CA. It may be different where you are.

How do you just "remove" the governor?

http://library.sdsmt.edu/friendsvideos/terminator%202%20f.jpg

:icon_conf

The only way to remove the gov is with ECU managment, people do not really loose gas milage when upgrading the map....they just have more power, and they use it, and drive a lil harder.....and if you are gonna be go'n the speed (which no one should unless on a track) where the rev limiter is a concern, the gas should/is the last thing on your mind.......

So if you flash to the Stg 1 map, your gas mileage isn't much different? I thought I read differently here but maybe I'm mistaken.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I have been doing some extensive datalogging, and have come to find the stock speedo to be uncannily accurate!Period! I select to log the vehicle speed parameter, which gets its input directly from the ABS wheel speed sensor, so fudging is not really involved. At least I don't believe so.

Anyway, I have looked at my live logging to ascertain the accuracy of the tachometer as well as the speedometer, and I was quite surprised to see that both were highly accurate! If anything, the speedo seemed to display a bit closer to the logged data than even the tach.

I have easily hit 150+mph (uphill no less), and the car was still pulling fairly well enough to convince me that it would make it to about 165ish, or about 6.8krpm's, after this and the car drops off too much power.(need bigger turbo). This was with my Sti swap, effectively a stg2 Sti, but with MUCH better aerodynamics! With a little bigger turbo, we will only be limited by rpm's/gearing combo! So that puts us around 172-174mph @7.1-7.2k rpms.

Oh, back on topic: The stock limiter for the LGT is 137mph, I repeatedly kept bumping it, and then calling/emailing/bugging Cobb until they released v1.02 to remove it, or at least raise it to an unreachable number.

Disclaimer: This was achieved on a closed course track! So no lectures please.:icon_wink

From what I have found 136-138 or so at about 5400 rpm is where the governor is set.This was on a public road! Go ahead and flame away. I have lots of track expirence and I know what I am doing but for some reason people seem to have a people driving fast, even when its safe, on public roads. I personally have gone 179 in a C5 Z06, 176 in a C5 conv, 175 ish (speedo stops at 160) in a 300zx TT, 170 ish (speedo stops at 155) in a Firebird Formula, 125 in a Jeep 5.9, 160 in an Evo, and have topped out many vehicles on public roads with never harming anybody or anything.

From what I have found 136-138 or so at about 5400 rpm is where the governor is set.This was on a public road! Go ahead and flame away. I have lots of track expirence and I know what I am doing but for some reason people seem to have a people driving fast, even when its safe, on public roads. I personally have gone 179 in a C5 Z06, 176 in a C5 conv, 175 ish (speedo stops at 160) in a 300zx TT, 170 ish (speedo stops at 155) in a Firebird Formula, 125 in a Jeep 5.9, 160 in an Evo, and have topped out many vehicles on public roads with never harming anybody or anything.

you had me at "hello"

Let he without sin, cast the first stone.

I think the main reason they get so uptight is that there are several officers or "revenue generators" around here and Tide has gotten into some talking too's by the authorities for racing stories and the like.

haha thats awesome

my top speed is 174 in my friends viper :icon_bigg

i hit around 120ish in a fxt automatic, but the wind resistance wouldnt let me do much more :lol:

but the legacy is VERY stable at high speeds, they did a great job on the aerodynamics

but the legacy is VERY stable at high speeds, they did a great job on the aerodynamics

I've noticed this as well, when I was +100mph she was just plain stuck to road with little or no play from the wheel. Was hard to even get it to make lane changes at that speed it stuck so well.

What I am soooooooooooooo surprised about at this point is that no mudulators or snappy peoples told the person who asked to do a search. do a search. do a search. maybe that only applies to seatbelt chimes, drl disable,airbox silencers,...................................yawn

i hit 137 right in front of my daughters day care center and across the street from the blind puppy shelter.

This is not my beautiful car.

Been to 138 in the LGT.

Don't really have the desire to kick it up any higher either. I've seen a blow-out at only 85MPH and while the driver made a safe stop..... the car took one serious thrashing... which isn't something I'd wanna subject my LGT to!

I'm in it for the low-mid range anyway..... otherwise I would have purchased a 6spd gearbox'd car!

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

So if you flash to the Stg 1 map, your gas mileage isn't much different? I thought I read differently here but maybe I'm mistaken.

My gas mileage actually got better......but it's all in how you drive. If you got a heavy foot all the time, of course it will go down a lil, the power requires more gas consumption.... I got 27.8,26.7, 27.2 mpg highway (when I was testing/playing) on stage I, my ave was around 24.9mpg......Then at stage II and above I couldn't drive reserved anymore.....all downhill on the mpg from there :icon_bigg

i hit 137 right in front of my daughters day care center and across the street from the blind puppy shelter.

Still no comment! :lol:

Blind puppy? C'mon now!

That alone had me coughing & seeing stars! Bravo. That's some British type humor man.... belongs in Douglas Adams work!

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

My gas mileage actually got better......but it's all in how you drive. If you got a heavy foot all the time, of course it will go down a lil, the power requires more gas consumption.... I got 27.8,26.7, 27.2 mpg highway (when I was testing/playing) on stage I, my ave was around 24.9mpg......Then at stage II and above I couldn't drive reserved anymore.....all downhill on the mpg from there :icon_bigg

That's awesome Scans, exactly what I wanted to know. I drive with a heavy foot at times, but I also drive somewhat reserved too, kind of a mix. Sounds like I will need to buy an Access Port soon.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Archived